Rayven's Nest-30,000 zg to 1st poster on pg. 300!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 248, 249, 250 ... 254, 255, 256  Next
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:36 am
Rayven - Kind of. The whole situation has gotten rather complicated, when it should have just been a smooth transaction. The seller's of the house we're buying are now fighting the appraisal on their house. Funny enough, husband and I agree that the appraisal was way too low. So we're waiting on that. And the buyers of our current house have been difficult from day one. We are trying to legally end the contract with them at this point.

It's kind of funny, but I'm pretty calm about the situation in general. I'll get super mad when we get frustrating news, but after a few hours of mulling it over, I go back to being pretty chill. I'm not worried about anything yet.

We're going to start packing on Sunday.

Tam - Ugh, the heat. I'm already looking for a cool place I can escape to until summer passes.

Squiggle - That sound exiting!! I've been poofing for days at a time and then reappearing again. That's how life is at the moment.

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:30 pm
Riley I'm sorry it got complicated. Life usually is. I'm glad you've been able to stay calm though. I don't think I would have in your shoes. Wow! Good luck on the packing. I hope it goes quickly, and that your husband doesn't drop anything. XD
Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:03 pm
I hope you get the easy menopause too, Rayven.

So Riley, it's like RAWER Very Happy, huh? I think I'm a bit like that too.

I'm so grateful it stays cool here most nights. I got away with sleeping in the sleeping bag last night.

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:43 pm
Thanks Tam. It might not be pretty if I don't. XD

Wow it must have been cool if you could use a sleeping bag. If I tried to do that right now, even with the ac on, I think I'd suffocate. XD Sometimes I have to take my blanket partially off me. It just gets too hot under there.
Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:50 pm
*imagines E up a tree*

Yeah. Last night I had to make due with sheets. Not as snuggly. LOL

Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:13 pm
How cool does it get where you are, Tam?
I'd die if I crawled inside a sleeping bag right now, even at night. It's still in the low 60s at night where I am.

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:27 pm
Tam-XD I can picture that too.

No it's not. I like a blanket for comfort too. For years all my Dad would use was a sheet. Even in winter. Shocked I think he uses a blanket now. I imagine his skin is getting thinner.

Riley-I haven't paid attention to how cool it's getting at night here, but I imagine it's probably about the same. The apartment doesn't start to cool down until at least halfway through the night. I wake up cool since the ac is on, but I'd rather do that than sweat going to sleep. XD
Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:35 pm
Riley wrote:
I'd die if I crawled inside a sleeping bag right now, even at night. It's still in the low 60s at night where I am.

60's at night? That sounds nice! I'm pretty sure it's not dropping lower than 78 at any point day or not. I keep inside so cold though because I can't sleep without blankets and I use flannel too.

Sweating through the night sucks, but honestly I'd rather sweat than get cold. :/ I don't really have a choice anyway since my cat sleeps with me.

~~LINK~~
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:53 pm
I wish it didn't matter for me so I could save some money, but I can't sleep at all if I'm hot. Actually I can't stand to be hot when I'm awake either. XD
Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:34 pm
Riley wrote:

In the summer? Maybe twenty or nineteen celcius at night most the time for the lowest. I'm not sure the temp when it gets nice and cool, because I don't have an outside thermometer.

LOL Kat, I hate sweating at night. Washing bedclothes costs money.

Rayven, for some reason my mouth needs to be covered, and that somehow is cuddling the blanket. Not always, but I find myself doing it when stressed. Otherwise, I just wanna wrap up in it.

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:47 pm
Tam-I think 20 degrees C translates to 52 degrees F. That's pretty chilly. No wonder you were able to get into the sleeping bag. XD

I'd feel suffocated if I covered my mouth. I don't even like anything touching my neck. If I'm super cold sometimes I put the covers over my head, but just for a few minutes. That's all I can take. XD

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:50 pm
Rayven - I can't sleep when it's too warm. I need some sort of coolness, whether it's from the weather, the fans, or the AC, but I need something, lol. Husband and I are pretty good at opening the windows when it's cool, and closing them first thing in the morning before it gets too warm. We put fans in the windows too, which really help. We don't have to run the AC as often when we do that.

Sassy - It is nice. But as summer progresses, there are times where it's low 80s at midnight. I'm enjoying the current weather while I still can. Very Happy

Tam - I'm jealous that it stays that cool during the summer. XD
Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:56 pm
LOL! We see 20C as warmish don't really need a jacket. It's 30C when we're cooking.

I like sleeping cool too, though I have to be careful with it or I wake up with a stiff neck. Even snuggled in the sleeping bag, I leave the bottom of it open so I can stick my toes out and get some cool.

I'm also jealous of the coolness here. XD But even with the cool nights and the rains we've had, we have drought here. A lot of trees... their leaves look crispy.

Riley, are you going to do a thing on the cat RP?

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:06 pm
Riley-I wish we could do that, but we don't have many windows. The couple we do have don't have screens on them. I can't deal with the bugs. XD

Did you start packing Sunday like you planned?

Tam-I had to look that up. I was wrong. 20C is 68F, and 30C is 86F. I guess I'll never get the hang of that. XD So it's warmer there than I thought.

I don't like my feet out so I usually uncover my knees. XD

Awww. We've actually had some rain which is odd for this time of year. It's a little dry, but not near as bad as it normally is.
Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:13 pm
I hope teh Riley is having an okay packing time.

LOL I'll also stick my bum out, Rayven. Nothing in there that aches when it gets cool. Right now there's a cold front here, so it's causing some storm and a lot of slightly cool sky frowning.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Back to Forum -> Pubs and Clubs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 248, 249, 250 ... 254, 255, 256  Next
Page 249 of 256