It's been a long time
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:41 pm
Hmmm. I don't know. I'd love it if the sun just wasn't very harsh because I don't like to have to put anything on. XD
Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:47 pm
*nod* Sunscreen is disgusting. I can't wear it.

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:22 pm
I only wear it if I don't have a choice. I never wear bug spray. That's even worse! Sick
Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:34 pm
I'm a citronella nut, and contrary to what I've been told, it does work for me for the critters around here. So THAT bug spray I can use. And be gleeful about smelling nice. And probably stink my friends out. XD

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:52 pm
I'm glad it works for you. Very Happy Awww, I wouldn't worry about that. If I could stand myself while wearing it I don't think I'd care if anyone else thought I stank. XD

Do you have a big bug problem there?
Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:44 pm
Not in the city, though a mosquito attacked me in the bookstore at the mall the other day. But if you go down into the river valley, and some of the other bigger parks, the skeeters show up! It's when I get to go into the country that I rock the citronella.

Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:33 am
*throws hood of her cloak back as she appears from the shadows*
What are you doing in the sewers of riften without a sword?! don't you know a sword makes ending them skeevers quicker than your fists?
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:10 pm
Tam-The bookstore?! *shakes head* You never know where you're going to find those little boogers. We have them really bad in our backyard, and I have no clue why. There's no water around that I can see. They've even been getting into the apartment. The other day when I was changing the sheet on the bed I lifted up the mattress and one came out from under it. She was so full of blood she could barely fly. Shocked She moved kind of like she'd had too much to drink. XD

You're right usually the country has them worse. We're in the city which is what's confusing me so much about our problem. The only time I've seen them this bad before is when I've been down at the river at dusk.

Hanahime-I'm sorry. It won't happen again. *salutes*

XD You crack me up.
Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:10 pm
But if you use a sword they're too mangled to roast.

Wow, Rayven, that's bad. I live in the inner city, and no water bodies near, but I often find mayflies hanging on the window! Even on the side of the building that doesn't face the direction of the river.

Zan's being slow this morning.

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:12 pm
*grimaces at the mention of roasted mangled things*

Yeah. I hope we get to move eventually. Now that you taught me what mayflies are, I see them all the time here too. XD I guess they're finding water somewhere.

It hasn't been real bad for me, but I noticed a little.
Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:06 am
I've gotta be funny, Rayven. I only appear once a month when the moon is full and the cats chant my name so I gotta make use of the time.

Young Tam, they will be just as mangled if you use your first but the sword put's distance between you and the bitting skeever so you don't have to worry about diseases from their bites.

*returns hood back to its proper place over her head* now excuse me I need to go scare some other adventurers.

(Though for real I hope all is going well with you two and you aren't being attacked by bugs so much now though that really won't stop till the first frost most likely.)
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:24 pm
Hanahime-You must be very important for cats to do that. XD I'm doing ok. Yeah I don't think the bugs are going anywhere for a while. How are you doing? Anything interesting going on with you?
Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:18 pm
Weird: But if I use my fist they're tenderized!

Tam: And you look at ME funny.

*snerk* Er, neither Weird or I am young anymore, Hime.

Tam's doing okay. Stressing a little as I think of a busy week and trying to hide inside my mind from it, but that's not bad for me. Thankfully, I haven't met any skeeters. But I did rescue another storm washed bumblebee off the sidewalk yesterday. I didn't have a leaf or flower, so I just offered her my finger and talked to her, and she climbed up calmly. I showed her a potentilla flour on the bush and she didn't like it, so I showed her another that had an ant running on it, and she decided she liked that flower. I wondered if she wanted to beat the ant up, but peeps were waiting for me, so I couldn't stop to watch.

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:16 am
That was very nice of you to rescue the bumblebee Tam. Very Happy I'm sure she appreciated it. Yes
Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:37 am
Something I've done since I was a kid and we were friendly neighbours with the bumbles that lived under the house. And nowadays bees are endangered. We gotta help 'em.

Puppy thinks he's found the answer to hot days. https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/37325451_2125356877492320_4150477969028022272_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&oh=d35abc70072d9c0be8a19fa84cd84c1d&oe=5BDFF88B

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 18 of 21