Posting Goals - Track Your Progress Here!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:36 pm
I think that's the most common place to get bit, especially from those sneaky dogs that like to attack from behind (which seems to be most of them). Except for stupid me when I stuck my hand in between my Mom's dogs when they were fighting trying to break up the fight. :/ The ER doctor told me that least I could have done was used my leg or a broom because they're harder to bite down on than a hand. I hope I remember that next time. Embarassed

bohemian wrote:
He likes to jump up on you when you get there and then chases a random toy around and kills it. XD

My dog does that too if he gets very excited about something. I guess they have to take it out on something. XD

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:59 pm
When I had the unexpected pleasure of two extra dogs, Milkshake was super excited about, I think a person in general, and was all jumpy on me and his friend Barry was curious, but stand-offish and yappy and wanting attention. But they both...kinda, settled down after food. Laughing

And they are on the furniture dogs, my sister's dogs know they are not allowed on the lounge. But first Barry jumped up to where the sun was on the lounge, told him to get down and he obeyed straight away. Next, Milkshake jumped up and I went, "Excuse me mister Milkshake, get down." And you know what he did? Rolled onto his back, with his tail between his legs, but it was wagging like crazy. I had to pick him up and put him on the ground again. According to my sister, Milkshake doesn't like confrontation...but that doesn't explain his yapping away at the next door neighbour. Laughing
Rayven: *gets hit in the face with some underwear* Wow Bo sure likes to get naked! XD
7750/10000
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:05 pm
XD That's different to them. Most dogs don't mind getting into it with other dogs (and sometimes people), but they hate it when their owner or the person taking care of them is upset with them. XD Unless they're alpha. Then sometimes they still don't care. *shakes head*

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:15 pm
Ralph play fights with Milkshake, but because he is a bigger dog (they are both of the smaller lapdog variety), he'll just kinda fall down...probably so that he doesn't squash him. Laughing

Dogs are funny. Yet really good for mental health to be honest. They are always super affectionate when they know you are feeling down. Which is why I have my own set of keys to my sister's place, well that and I am the one who looks after them and the house if they go away. Yes
Rayven: *gets hit in the face with some underwear* Wow Bo sure likes to get naked! XD
7750/10000
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:46 pm
Awww. That's cute. XD

Yes they are good for that. Normally. *gives Chase a dirty look* That's a good idea. Yes I just hope the police don't ever think you're breaking in. I can just hear you now, "But officer I had a bad day, and I just needed to get some cuddles!" XD

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:54 pm
They are cute...when they want to be. Laughing

I don't think that would happen. Ninja

The neighbours who typically are around, should know me by sight. I've stayed there a few times and I'll have put the bins out the night before collection, and I'll stay in bed (technically on the lounge), until well after the trucks have been and gone and go out to check and bring them in...and they are already in. Good neighbours she has. XD
7750/10000
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:24 pm
I forgot Bo is a ninja. XD

XD Yeah no one is probably paying attention, and the cops probably aren't either. You never know about them though. Lol It would be easy enough to straighten out if it did happen, and it would be terribly amusing for me. XD

A couple of nights ago a pit bull that I believe got dumped off would not leave my doorstep. I only discovered it because Chase was going nuts. When I opened the curtain it was clear he wanted me to let him in. Then he started crying. It broke my heart. I carefully went out to see if any of my neighbors knew where he came from. Luckily he wasn't aggressive, but I didn't really trust him yet either. My neighbor called the police to come get him. They didn't bring a leash so they had to borrow mine, and I had to help them tighten his collar. Shocked Anyway, I felt so sorry for the little guy because they had to drag him away. He really wanted to live with us. Chase wouldn't have it though, and neither would the landlord. I hope they find him a good home. Back to silly things cops say/do, they actually asked me if I was sure it wasn't my dog. XD I guess I can kind of see why they would ask though. The pit acted like he belonged there, and he even marked his territory. :/

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:21 pm
Aww, that's sad, Rayven. People dump pets in my neighborhood often enough that everyone is aware that a pet no one recognizes was probably abandoned. People suck and we don't deserve animals.

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:18 pm
Yeah it is so sad. For many years animal after animal was dropped off on my parents' property. They kept some, took some to shelters, and some they just had to wait until the animal finally decided to leave. Crying or Very sad I agree, but sometimes people do bad things because they don't see any other way out. Part of the problem is that most places that will take animals charge you to drop them off. If the person could afford to keep the animal hopefully they wouldn't be getting rid of them in the first place, and if they can't afford to keep the animal how will they afford to pay to get rid of them? I realize this isn't always the case, but when it is it would be nice if an exception could be made. However I know that shelters need money to run the place, and to take care of the animals.

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:38 am
Yeah, that is super frustrating. If the person is trying to do the right thing by surrendering the animal instead of abandoning it, the process should be easier. If nothing else, it would encourage more people to surrender instead of abandon.

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:08 pm
I believe it would. It would be nice if they could go by income. That might alleviate some of the problems on both sides.

Is the next event going to be Halloween? I can't remember. XD

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:23 pm
I think so! I'm already getting excited about fall. And dang it, I think I'm going to have a dang fall party at the new house this year. If we ever get this deal straightened out. /sigh.

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:33 pm
That sounds like fun. I'm sure everyone would like to see your new place. Very Happy I hope it goes through soon so you can relax.

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:57 pm
Good news!
We all reached an agreement and everything has been officially signed! We close on the 26th on the house we're buying, and we close on the 25th on our house we're selling. And our buyers finally agreed to give us a rent back, so we have until the end of the 28th to get out of our house. The people were buying from need to give 15 days notice to the people they're buying from, so hopefully the timing will all work out.

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:09 pm
Congrats Riley!!! I'm so excited for you. It always feels good when things work out for the best. Very Happy
Page 41 of 45