{ Zan Musings }
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6197, 6198, 6199, 6200, 6201, 6202  Next
LillieRose

Knight of Zantarni
Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:02 pm
Well, I bought my nephew Ernest Cline's Ready Player One and I told him I would get him Armada as well once he reads RP1.

According to my family, I am the worst aunty in the world for encouraging my nephew to read by buying him books. Rolling Eyes

I have no idea how I ended up with a family of non-readers. >.<

(family=husband, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, niece and nephew)

I can't wait until we get our own house. Then I can fill it up with books and not give a damn. XD

bohemian

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:35 pm
I will buy my nieces books at times, the oldest one will tell you if she wants a book or not. My eldest brother buys them books basically every Christmas.

Glancing over at my bookshelf (which is 99% books up to where I can reach), I would say that there may be 300+ books. My second bookshelf, which used to be filled with dvds which now only take up the top slot, would have about a dozen cookbook, plus another dozen books which might be true crime type books, I can't tell what they are because they are just stacked up with the spines facing the wrong way.

When I eventually get a place to call my own, if it has 3 bedrooms or more, you can bet that I will be turning at least one of those rooms (perhaps the largest room lol) into a library. Then I can get ALL the books! Laughing
Rayven: *gets hit in the face with some underwear* Wow Bo sure likes to get naked! XD
7750/10000
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:32 pm
bohemian wrote:
Then I can get ALL the books! Laughing

That's a lot of books. XD

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:21 pm
Rayven - It the hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon. And there are series within the series, so to speak. There's the Dark Hunter books, the Dream Hunter books, the Were Hunter books, and I think another one is the Hellchaser books. They all seem to be connected and or part of the same story universe.

And hubby won't have a choice. XD He isn't a reader, so I'm claiming that room as the library! Very Happy

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:32 pm
Riley-Those look interesting. Very Happy Oddly enough I don't think I've read any before. At least not that I remember. Next time I go to the library I'll see if they have any.

XD I can't blame you there.

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:54 pm
I started reading her League of Legends series many many years ago. I only read the first three, and I thought they were amazing! I think I would have to reread them if I wanted to continue, only because I really don't remember what happened.

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:58 pm
I hate that part about reading books. After a long time I'm usually only left with a vague impression of what I read. :/ It would be nice if we could remember all of it since we worked hard reading it. XD

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:48 pm
I was so tired I actually typed League of Legends! Laughing That's a video game! The book series is just The League series. LOL

I wish that for some books, but there are some that I enjoy rereading on occasion.

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:59 pm
XD I didn't notice.

Me too, but I don't reread books very often. I always feel like I need to read something new. I guess I'm afraid I'll miss something if I don't. XD

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:18 am
I like re-reading books that I've enjoyed because I like getting sucked back into that world again. The Burning Times by Jeanne Kalogridis is one of my all time favourite books, even though I haven't re-read it in a long time. It's somewhere on my bookshelf...probably BEHIND other books because it is a small book lol.
Rayven: *gets hit in the face with some underwear* Wow Bo sure likes to get naked! XD
7750/10000
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:40 pm
XD

Bo how is school going?

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:53 pm
Holidays at the moment. So catching up on medical appointments. Laughing

But next week I am getting a new tattoo. Yes

I'm going with the quote, "I will win. Not immediately; But definitely." I added the ; instead of using , because ; in tattoos, usually on it's own, it a suicide awareness symbol. And I thought it was fitting to include it because I have been suicidal in the past. Word's grammar "alarm" kept going off, partly because I used a capital for but instead of lower case. But because I've spaced it out over 3 lines, Word's grammar can bite my big peachy butt. XD
7750/10000
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:03 pm
XD It's only important that you like it. I like that saying. I've never heard it before.

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:10 pm
I think it is a fitting saying, especially since I am fighting my body every day.

Plus the spreading out over three lines is because it is going on my boob, right over my heart, so I can see it and remind myself that no matter what is thrown at me, I can and I will beat it. It might not be today, but I consider it a win when I get out of bed in the morning. Yes
7750/10000
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:45 pm
That is most definitely a win. Yes I'm glad you have such a positive attitude. Very Happy
Page 6198 of 6202