{ Zan Musings }
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6187, 6188, 6189 ... 6197, 6198, 6199  Next
LillieRose

Knight of Zantarni
Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:47 pm
I don't mind going to the dentist if it's about something that needs to be done.

I don't like going to the dentist with my husband. He hates it with an intensity of a thousand suns. >.<

Last time we went, he ended up buying a car afterwards because he was drugged out of his mind. XD

^That is a story that I might tell you one day. XD

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:57 am
XD Lillie I'd love to hear that story if you ever want to tell it. Couldn't you stop him, or were you not with him?

Knight of Zantarni
Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:26 am
Well, I suppose I could tell you. It's slightly embarrassing.

It so happened, that December last year, my hubby, my niece and my nephew all had scheduled surgeries within 2 days of each other - niece and nephew on a Thursday, hubby on a Friday.

Hubby had to get a decaying wisdom tooth out. We were back and forth with the dentist since October to have the procedure, as the dentist wanted to take 3 of his wisdom teeth out, all in the same go but the hubby is so fussy and hates the dentist so much that he only allowed 1 of them to be removed. Of course, the dentist wanted to do that because my hubby needs to go under IV anesthetic, otherwise he will bolt out of the chair. It sounds unbelievable, but it happened before, so we just have him completely drugged out at the dentist from then on.

Anyways, so the nice and nephew had their surgeries the day before, nephew had an eye procedure and the niece had to have her hamstring muscle reattached, as she had torn it during a competition earlier last year.

So, the nephew had his check up scheduled the next day, the same day the hubby had to go to the dentist. That meant that the brother- and sister-in-law had to take the nephew to the hospital and the niece would be left home alone.

The niece couldn't move, as her leg was in a sling and she had to use a little scooter to get around but the doctor advised her not to move too much during that first day after the surgery.

Bear in mind, the hubby and I discussed getting a new car beforehand, as we had paid off our old one and wanted to upgrade.

Across the street from the dentist is a car lot, so when the hubby was done and when we walked out of the dentist's, he grabbed me by the arm and dragged me over to the car lot. He was drugged up, so I didn't want to argue, I knew that he wouldn't remember anything when he comes to.

We spent about 30 minutes looking at cars and then we headed home. At home, I checked on the niece and then made the hubby some tepid coffee, as he felt like having a pick me up. The dentist said it would be fine, as long as it's not too warm. So we had our coffee, all the while, hubby is on his mobile, surfing the net and looking at cars. I only found out about that later.

All of a sudden, he jumps up and declares that we need to go to this car lot right away to look at a car. And I told him that we can't go, because our niece needs someone to stick around and help, she can't move and her parents were not back from the hospital with the nephew.

I couldn't talk the hubby out of it, so I just gave up, I told him to go on his own. I made sure that he was okay to drive and in complete control of his limbs and reflexes. He was, though he was still a little foggy from the anesthetic.

So off he went. The next thing I know is that I get a phone call from him and the car company to send through our last 3 monthly statement of our earnings from the bank.

I was so surprised that I didn't even argue, I just sent it.

Not long after that, the hubby comes home with our new car.

He is soooo lucky that I actually love this car so much. I have always wanted one like it, so I couldn't really be mad at him for getting it.

I did tell him that the next time he pulls a stunt like this on me, I am filing for a divorce.

I also told him that next time he needs to go to the dentist, he's going with his brother, because I know that the brother-in-law will drag his behind straight home.

So, that's my story.

Anybody had anything similar to the above happen to them?
XD

bohemian

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:10 pm
Pfffffft! Of course I noticed it Blaze. Probably not too long after you were gone offline. XD

My initial reaction was in the count to 50 thread. I laughed so hard because it is true. And it was probably my comment about the Princes that earned me the title. When in doubt with Blaze...blame it on the Princes...or the King. XD

I was dozing on and off while keeping my mouth open for my 90 minute appointment. That is how at ease I feel at the dentist, it's weird. I guess because I generally can't see what is going on, I have to be fine with it. Hell, I sat for a tattoo (when I got my first one) for about 2 hours and the noise of the tattoo gun/machine (whatever the hell it is called) was about to drive me insane...and I still want more. XD

But anyway, the nurse asked the dentist if she wanted any alcohol, to clean out the tooth obviously, and while the dentist thinks about the question, here I am, laying on my back with a dental dam in my mouth (and a block to help keep my mouth open), nodding and saying "YES!" to the nurse. The dentist cracked up laughing and the nurse picked it up half a beat later and told me that she could inject it into me while laughing. Although, prior to the dentist getting onto my tooth, we forgot to talk about the tooth in question, we were having too much of a good time talking sh*t...mostly about how she was crazy enough to do 4 unit math in high school. XD
Rayven: *gets hit in the face with some underwear* Wow Bo sure likes to get naked! XD
7750/10000
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:16 pm
Lillie thank you for sharing your story. If it makes you feel any better, I don't think it's embarrassing at all. Amazing, but not embarrassing. XD At least you got a great car out of it. Very Happy It does sound like he needs another man to control him after something like that though. XD

I don't have any stories exactly like that, but I do have a few post-surgery tales. Most of them just involve waking up crying. It seems to have that affect on me. I can definitely understand that the first time I was put out. I was only 7, and I woke up in a teeny tiny room only big enough for a cot. I had no clue where I was. XD

Unfortunately I also tend to be a little crabby after coming to if I feel provoked. One time I woke up with the oxygen tube thing up my nose. I hate anything up my nose, and it actually hurt a little. I told the nurse to take it out. She told me no, and I asked her to take it out again. She told me no once more. At that point I threatened her. Shocked Totally not my in nature to do that over something as minor as that so I'm going to blame it on the drugs. She took it out. XD

Another time I had just come out from having my tonsils removed and the nurse needed to give me a shot in my bum for the pain. She told me to say "ow". I couldn't really talk, but I said "ow" as best I could. I thought it was strange that she asked me to say that. I happened to look behind me as she was giving me the shot, and before I could stop her she raised the needle high up in the air and stabbed me as hard as she could with it. It was like some whacko stabbing somebody in a horror movie! It hurt so bad, and it was totally unnecessary. I don't know what was wrong with her. I preceded to nearly clobber her all the while cussing at her. She probably didn't understand a word I was saying since I couldn't really talk, but I believe she understood how upset I was since she high-tailed it out of the room. The creepy thing is that she smiled before she left the room. My Mom had been in the restroom but when she came back in I whispered to her what had happened, and I told her to tell the nurses that they better not let that same nurse back in my room. Mom told them, and luckily I didn't have to deal with the crazy nurse again.

My Dad always seems like a little kid when he comes out of surgery. One time he was dangling his feet over the side of the bed with the goofiest grin on his face. XD

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:26 pm
Rayven, massages are amazing!!!

Oh wow, Lillie! That is funny! Anesthesia does that to some people Yes I was fine after my two surgeries, just zoned out. However, I so wish I could have been there for my sister's knee surgery! According to my mom, my sister was trying to get her to hide her saltines in her purse to take home for later, because she didn't think that the hospital would let her take them home. Laughing It was hilarious the way my mom told it, and I bet I would have been dying with laughter had I been there myself XD

O.O Rayven that sounds scary. I'd like to think that that kind of stuff doesn't happen, but unfortunately, I've heard many stories of nurses acting unprofessional and even mean like how you described.

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:59 pm
Riley-I'm sure they are. I can't wait to get one!

That's a funny story about your sister. It reminds me of a squirrel wanting to hoard some nuts for later. XD

It was awful. I truly believe she likes inflicting pain. We should have reported her to the hospital administration instead of just telling the other nurses not to let her back in.

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:00 pm
The awkward moment, when you are at your friend's wedding, talking to his brother in law...and he repeatedly tries to set you up with his younger brother...who thank GOD, is not at that wedding. I just filled up his glass with wine and politely declined his multiple attempts to hook me up with his brother. thunk

In dental news...I may have to go back to the dental hospital to find out why my jaw pain is getting worse. Sigh
Rayven: *gets hit in the face with some underwear* Wow Bo sure likes to get naked! XD
7750/10000
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:43 am
Rayven - hopefully it won't ever happen again to you, but yeah, reporting is always an option.

Bo - that is annoying, and while people haven't bothered me with it, they've bothered my friends. And it annoys me as much as them. I love your response though Laughing here, have more wine XD

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:13 pm
Riley-Me too. That particular incident is probably a once in a lifetime experience. *shakes head* I bet you're an awesome nurse. Very Happy

Bo-It could have been worse. It could have been your Mom. XD I hated when my Mom would suggest people I should date. Rolling Eyes She always picked big goobers. Lol

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:08 am
I try to be Very Happy And I try to keep myself from getting burned out. Yes

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:15 pm
That's good. Once you get burned out it can be hard to recover.

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:38 pm
Yeah, and then it starts affecting how you treat the patients.

It's raining clovers!!

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:55 pm
True. I've always felt that there are a few professions that are extra important like nurses, doctors, teachers, etc. It's imperative that there are really good, patient people in those positions because they work so closely with people and kids, and they're responsible for them. I've met some people that had no business being in those fields, and it always really bothers me when I come across them.

Yes it is! XD I love clovers.

Defender of the Realm
Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:06 pm
I have found that some of them have seemed to stay too long and have been badly jaded. My insurance primary doctor was recently switched from my 'old' doctor to a Nurse Practioner, she is so much better, asks more questions and also answers my questions, instead of giving me a mumbled answer and a shrug like my doctor used to do. . .a great improvement.

And I also love the "raining clovers"!!!

Page 6188 of 6199