It's been a long time
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:07 pm
That's not my doll specifically. I pulled that image from the internet since Disney made a couple of them.

I just took some pictures of them but I forget how to do that spoiler thing so I once I figure that out I'll post them. or I guess I used imgur so tell me if you can see them from the share link.

I remembered that I have two small wood figurine doll things that I got for graduation from college and one from the first communion. Though I didn't include the first communion in the group pic though so I'll have to get that latter for you guys.

My two keepers of the thread.
Click
Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:58 pm
*nod nod* I know. Yours looks better. XD

Aww, the link doesn't show them. It goes to imgur, but doesn't show the pictures. Zan's a little weird with links, we usually have to take the url and cut and paste to see things.

Oh, the wooden ones sound neat too!

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:34 am
Tam you just blew my mind with how much you know about dolls. XD Anna is awesome! Den did a great job, and so did you with the little doll. Very Happy

Hanahime I was going to tell you that I couldn't see the link, but Tam already did. XD

When I got baptized my Aunt made me beautiful candles. They were painted more in the style of communion since she's Catholic, but I didn't mind. They were awesome! I wish I still had them, but I was too young to take care of them properly. Sad
Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:02 pm
Okay, try this link. I think adding the url thing messed it up. I got it working for myself so hope it works for you since I can't get the image link to work at the moment.
https://imgur.com/a/1UvFF

the wooden ones are pretty. they are from this collection. I'm sure once you see it you'll know what I mean.

That sounds like a lovely gift. They were candles so I don't think they would have lasted longer to begin with unless you never burned them.
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:53 pm
Hanahime I could see them this time. Very pretty! I had to giggle at the one that showed how Jasmine was made though. XD

They really were. True. That makes me feel better, but I never burned them. They eventually broke from being moved around a million times. Sad You're right though. If I had chosen to burn them they wouldn't have lasted anyway. I enjoyed them while I had them. Very Happy
Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:23 am
LOL Well, I like dolls, so I study the breeds and species of dolls.

Oh, Hime, they're all beautiful. Thanks for the construction shot! Jasmine doesn't look mussed at all from your childhood adventures with her. And the smaller Japanese one, it's adorable that she's the right size to hold a drink parasol, and you gave her one. Touches like that make dolls more Real, I think (you know, Real like the Velveteen Rabbit talks about). And the little bitty figurine/doll with her arm up reminds me of the beautiful figurine/doll that a friend gave me that has an adorable blurb about friendship on her skirt. I wish I could show her, but I have no camera right now.

Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:03 pm
Yeah! I got something to work. I felt bad for having to pull off her pants but I wanted to show her squish legs.

Tam: I forgot to answer about her eyes.they are inset. checking for that reminded me that one of her eyelash strips fell off.
The Japanese doll actually came with the parasol. I should get her some new ones. a yellow or red one instead of pink would go better with her.
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:30 pm
Hanahime-It's ok that you did. It was appropriate since she's a doll. XD Do you have any big Easter plans?

Tam-That's a good reason to be an expert on them. Very Happy I don't think I'm into anything enough to be an expert on it. XD
Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:29 pm
Dolls are often forgiving. Unless we've imagined them not. *looks at my little Transformer character who wants to be SHINY, and not have FINGERPRINTS* And like you say. She's squish. She's not like those thousand dollar porcelain BJDs with all the private junk.

Ohhh. There are tutorials on doing eyelashes for dolls on YouTube. Oh, did she? Neat! Yeah. New ones would be fun. XD My doctor gave a pen refill to a little toy knight yesterday because he'd lost his lance.

Rayven, you know more about the stuff you and E repair and sell than I do.

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:13 pm
UtterlyWeird wrote:
My doctor gave a pen refill to a little toy knight yesterday because he'd lost his lance.

Rayven, you know more about the stuff you and E repair and sell than I do.

Tam that is so cute. XD I guess it would make a good lance.

I guess so, but I'm still not the expert. XD It took me a long time to learn what I do know, and sometimes when I think I know the answer I'm wrong. Too many variables. Lol I suppose I do know enough now to answer the most common customer questions. You should hear him talk about that stuff. He drives me nuts sometimes. XD
Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:47 pm
It sure looked cute and funny.

LOL I'd drive you buggy with how I prattle about stuff, I bet.

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:14 am
Very Happy

XD I doubt it. I'm a really good listener. I think he just drives me extra nuts because he's not a good listener. It's hard to want to listen to someone when the favor isn't returned. It just doesn't help that he's talking about boring stuff. XD
Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:38 am
I apologized to her so I'm sure she forgave me for pulling off her pants. I've never seen a BJD so I wouldn't know.

That's so cute Tam. and I bet there is I just kind of like her without one.

Rayven: I don't know. I think we might go to a family member on Easter though I would prefer not to.
what about your Easter plans?
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:53 pm
Hanahime-How come you don't want to go see your family? Do they drive you nuts? XD Families tend to do that.

I'm not sure yet. We got invited to a gender reveal party on that day, but I think those are silly. XD I'd rather see my family, but I'm not sure I'll get to.
Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:46 am
If you like her like that, then she's perfect.

Easter? Um. Geeking about Jesus, if I have enough brain to remember what day it is.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 6 of 13