cat people .... lets unite
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, , 2, 3, 4  Next
Scarz

Defender of the Realm
Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:27 am
*chuckles* always a fresh source of water.

I've never had a cat that used the toilet for a litter box, but a friend of mine said he had one when he was young that his mom taught to use the toilet. . .that must have taken a heckuva lot of potty training. . .

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:29 am
I hear it can be easy but it just takes a lot of time and consistency. There were no inside pets at my parent's house, and I've never bothered with Gandalf, so I couldn't say from experience.

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:33 pm
Scarz wrote:
He can actually reach the water but he looks like a little kid trying to use the adult drinking fountain. He really is a chatterbox, I love that about him.

XD True! It's so cute when they barely reach things. Lately Chase has been trying to "counter surf" on the table. Just in case anyone doesn't know that's when a large dog's head reaches the counter and they can easily steal food from it. I learned that term when I had a great dane. They didn't even have to stand up to do it. Well Chase is pretty short so he can only reach the table, and he even has a little trouble with that. One day I asked him if he thought he was a big dog. XD

Riley Gandalf looks like he has a hangover. XD

It was only a fluke with our cat. I'd just settle for them never having an "accident" outside of the litter box. Lol
Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:25 pm
my cats dont do that lol

baby stardust
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:20 am
Haha, he does, doesn't he!

When he was a kitten, he did the, "I need to run from one end of the house as fast as I can at 4am!" thing. I had to start shutting our bedroom door because he would bring his toys into our room and play with them O.o He always woke me up, and when I tried to shoo him out of the room, he ran under the bed. Lol, I'm so glad he doesn't do that anymore.
Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:26 am
I got Pedro when he was already almost a year old. More than bringing toys for us to play with, he spent more time stalking the cantankerous old cat my parent's had at the time. Or...ya know, clawing on the back door so he could go outside and hunt.

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:20 am
Cat-You're lucky. My cats were always well potty trained. Unfortunately, all of a sudden a few decided over the years that they would rather just go wherever they wanted. Mad Once they start thinking like that it's hard to get them to stop.

Riley-Yeah. XD Oh I think they've all done that at one time or another. I learned to tune them out for the most part, but if I hear someone vomiting or something else concerning I'm wide awake. XD I hate it when they hide where you can't get to them!

Sassy-I love cat shenanigans as long as they don't cause too much damage. Lol

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:56 am
Luckily I've never woken up to find a cat hairball. I'm a light sleeper, so it was hard for me to tune him out, lol. But I do love his shenanigans =)

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:20 pm
XD You're lucky. I woke up to all kinds of not pleasant things thanks to my animals and my son. XD I'm a light sleeper too. I think that's why I was forced to learn to tune them out. When I had to live with my parents for a while I took up wearing ear plugs. Now I can't sleep without them. My family is so noisy I didn't have a choice. Lol

Defender of the Realm
Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:23 pm
Nico has always been good about using his litter box, although he mostly uses the back yard (I have an almost 6 ft fence and my little chubby guy luckily cannot jump that high[, so it's pretty safe for him to go out there.

I never got to see him as a kitten as he was 8 years old when I adopted him, although I have had a few dreams about a little orange furball with big front paws clambering down the hallway *chuckles* I would like to think that is how he was.

and like you, Lady Riley, I am a light sleeper so any little unusual noise does get my attention, too.

Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:14 am
yeah when i hear my cats get sick it wakes me up too

baby stardust
Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:18 pm
I'm lucky my cat almost never throws up. Ah...and he usually eats it so if he did it over night, I would never know. >.>

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:35 pm
I hate it when they do that! It just makes it so much worse. Barf XD
Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:37 pm
I mean, it's both disgusting and a bit convenient?? Usually I stop Pedro but other times I just let him do it....

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:48 pm
XD I know what you mean, but it just makes me so sick. Plus they rarely get it all. *shakes head*
Page 3 of 4