Healing Gardens (closed for now)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:17 am
Brook looked at her with a funny expression when she asked her question. How could you not know what this place is? She wondered to herself. "This is the Healing Gardens." Brook answered. "It's basically a psych hospital. Have you not met your doctor yet?" She asked.
Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:28 pm
she blinked and then replied" no i have not met the doctor yet" then thought about what to say next

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:12 pm
Brook wasn't able to read Lily's expression. "Well, I'm sure someone will come find you at some point soon. I can't get them to leave me alone." She sighed in annoyance. While she knew that they were only trying to help her, sometimes she just didn't want to talk to them. At least some of them left her alone when she told them to. "So you just got here? Do you know your way around here yet?"
Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:11 pm
"Sadly no I dont" she replied to brooke as she sat there wanting to talk more but could tell that brooke just wanted her time to herself.

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:29 am
"Hmm, well, the place seems huge at first, but when you get to know your way around, it suddenly seems a lot smaller than at first." Brook glanced up at the front of the library when she saw someone enter. "Oh great." She mumbled under her breath when the doctor made eye contact with her and began walking over to her.

"Hey there, Brook." He greeted her with a warm smile. It was rare for him to see her interacting with another patient, so he was happy to see she was getting some human contact. Though, he didn't recognize the other patient.
"And hello...?" He asked, looking over at Lily.

She sat in her recliner in silence, not offering a greeting in return. Brook was beginning to tolerate Nathaniel only because he wasn't a social worker or a therapist who was nagging her to talk about her feelings. But she still didn't want to be bothered by doctors or any of the other staff, however, considering where she was, it would be hard to avoid them.
Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:41 pm
"Hello I am Lily Rose and I am new here" she politely replied to the man whom spoke to her. She looked over at Brooke and then back at the man blinky a little bit.

"Are ya the doctor ?" she asked him trying to get a idea of what to do next.

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:11 am
Brook gave an irritated sigh and pointedly opened her book to a random. She held it up to her face to block her view of the doctor. Let them talk so he'll leave me alone. She thought.

Nathaniel glanced at Brook when she held her book up to block her face. He didn't take it personally; most of the patients here didn't like doctors. He would have to check in with her at some point, but he could talk to Lily Rose for a bit before he bothered Brook.

"Yes, I'm one of the doctors." He answered Lily Rose. "You can call me Dr. Moore or just Nathaniel. Whatever you're comfortable with." His voice was gentle and his posture was relaxed. He didn't know anything about her yet, and he wanted to come across as friendly and someone trustworthy.
The rapport he tried to form with the patients took time, but it was possible.

Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:05 pm
" I really need to talk to you sir " she replied as she politely excused herself from where Brooke was sitting and motioned for him to follow her . She was highly confused and needed help desperately.

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:32 am
Nathaniel blinked in surprise and glanced at Brook after Lily walked away. He gave her a 'what is this about?' look, but Brook only shrugged and returned to her book. He supposed that she wouldn't mind, seeing as how she was so eager to meet with him. It wasn't like he couldn't find her later and check in with her afterwards.

Nathaniel turned and followed Lily, briefly wondering what she was anxious over. But seeing as she was a new patient,
it could be anything, so he was patient and let her talk about what she wanted. Hopefully it was something he could help her with.

Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:39 pm
Lily Rose was very sad right now and to have someone diagnose her with something might be the clue she has been searching for. " Um where can we go have our session at " she replied to him hoping to not be too forward .

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:29 pm
"Well, I really only take care of medication management here." Nathanial answered. "But we can go back to my office if you'd like. Maybe I can answer some questions and find out who your case manager is." He offered gently.
It wasn't uncommon for new patients to be overwhelmed or just scared. Lily seemed to be holding up well compared to how some of the other patients had been when they had first arrived. But he didn't want to assume anything, and he hoped that he would be able to provide some answers to the many questions he was sure she had.

Brook had tried to get back into her book, but her mind wouldn't focus. Maybe I should check out what we're doing for art therapy today. She thought. It was one of the few activities that she enjoyed, and it helped to give her mind something else to focus on, instead of having to listen to her own thoughts.

She returned the book to where she found it and left the library. Without a word or even a second glance, she passed Nathaniel and Lily Rose in the hall and headed to the elevators. She hit the down button and when the doors opened, she entered and told the elevator to go to the second floor.
Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:09 am
Lily shook her head yes to going to his office and hoped that he could help her in some way . She had had a fit of anxiety before and if some medicine would help her to get over it , that would be great. " I was sedated when i first arrived and I dont know how I got here " she told the dotor.

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:39 pm
"Alright then. My office is on the second floor." He said and began walking toward the elevator. "I see." Nathaniel nodded as they waited for the elevator to return to their floor. "I don't know how you got here either." He answered. "I can ask my colleagues to see if they might know a little more information. But for now, you're at the Healing Gardens. It's an inpatient treatment center for mental health." He said as the elevator doors opened. "Is there perhaps any family you could contact?" He asked.

Brook pulled up the hood on her navy blue hoodie as she walked down the hall. Hoodies and sweatshirts had quickly become something to shield herself from the outside world. She felt cocooned in their fabric, which helped settle her nerves, and it allowed her to avoid eye contact when she had the hood pulled over her head.

"Hi there, Brook." The activities coordinator greeted her when she walked into room A. She gave a nod of acknowledgement in return to the woman before she found a chair and sat down. It looked like they were making collages today. Without really thinking about it, she began flipping through various magazines, looking for images she connected with.
Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:09 pm
"No my family and I are sort of not talking anymore and I was sent here against my will " she replied as she followed him to the office

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:29 am
"Yes," Nathaniel said as closed the door and sat down in his chair behind his cluttered desk. Despite his efforts to keep his desk somewhat organized, it always seemed to be cluttered. "often times people do get brought here against their will." He said as he began putting the papers in stacks and closing charts. "But I suppose those people don't realize that this is not a locked facility. Clients are free to stay or leave at their leisure." He explained. "So while you may have been brought here against your will, you can leave at any time. Though the doctor part of me would recommend you stay, at least for a little while."

When she had a significant stack of cut out bits of magazines in front of her, she began sifting through them and placing them on the piece of cardboard in front of her. While simple and elementary in nature, she found the activity calming. And as she laid out each piece where she wanted it to go, she thought it was a nice visual reminder of some of the things she liked about herself. It would be good to have around when she was lost in her negative thoughts.
Page 2 of 3