Making Your Own Products
Goto page Previous  1, 2
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Main Hall [Nov.'19]
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:01 pm
I prefer the all purpose cleaners; I think they aren't as obnoxious with the scents =)
Kaderin Triste

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:50 pm
I grew up using bleach water and vinegar water for cleaning, so I make those myself now.
I attempted to make lip balms once, but finding the perfect consistency was too difficult, so I gave up. But, I do only buy homemade lip balms they don't generally have any sort of sunscreen, but they don't have any chemicals either. Just oils and wax!

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:42 am
My husband bought me some lip balm from Beesential. They have some very unique flavors, and I think I'm in love ^^ I've tried some of their lotion and soap too.
Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:46 am
I'm not sure if it counts, But I make my own cigarettes.
Unfortunately, I don't have the means to grow tobacco, so that means I buy about a kilogram of tobacco and roll it into cigarettes. By hand. A LOT of cigarettes are produced.

An odd side effect occurred from this process: I now can't smoke any "official" cigarettes like Malboros or Camel or whatever.

Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:33 pm
Hmmmm...haven't tried making my own shampoo or anything but i do make my own bug spray! Its just water and essential oils,i like to put some eucalyptus , citronella, lavender, stuff like that. I just make a blend of things that bugs don't like and it smells good too. It keeps away the mosquitos, and as a bonus, it masks the moldy closet smell that is so hard to keep away here in hawaii. ^_^

Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:43 pm
My mother and I will take bleach, a little bit of Dawn Detergent, and baking soda to clean white objects. Mom loves neutral colors like white, black, brown, taupe so they are easier to clean since they aren't dyed too badly.

We have white countertops and white walls so that homemade bleach solution works wonders on getting dog and dirt off.

She is big into gardening as well and with bug predators like aphids, we ended up finding a really good deterrent for getting rid of them without harming the plant itself.
Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:26 pm
i make and sell catnip cat toys for cats

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:36 pm
Ooohh, do you have an online shop, Cat?
Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:08 pm
Riley wrote:
Ooohh, do you have an online shop, Cat?

no its just on facebook but i can sell anyplace in a pm
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2