Rayven's Nest-20,000 zg to 1st poster on pg. 200!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 192, 193, 194  Next
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:37 am
Riley thanks for telling me what it is. That would be hard to deal with. Every move would be painful. Sad

Praedyth welcome! I'm glad you came to chat. Very Happy I have a solution to our cooking problems. You like to cook, and I don't. You hate to clean up, and I don't mind that part. If you do the cooking, I'll clean everything up! That sounds like a grand plan to me. XD

Tam Happy Thanksgiving!!! Did you do anything special?

I meant did they dress up somebody on their video like that to make it look more interesting, or was it an advertisement that Youtube put on there? When I'm watching youtube I get advertisements all the time that get in the way of the video, but I'm assuming the people that make the video have no control over that. I'm betting that the cooking video people must have purposely put that picture up, or you wouldn't have been upset. I was just curious if it could have been a popup advertisement. I hope I'm making sense now. XD
Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:10 pm
UtterlyWeird: I'm a sucker for most things sci-fi, and lately have been playing exclusively Destiny 2. Some other favourite titles are Fallout, Bioshock, and Elder Scrolls (Skyrim particularly) c': though I honestly have a pretty big collection and play a lot of games. Not quite as many as some PC gamers I know, of course. xD

Rayven: Thank you! ^-^ And yes, that sounds like the absolute perfect solution. It allows me plenty of freedom to experiment! c': If only my boyfriend shared that philosophy, but alas. Regardless of who made dinner I'm usually the one eventually cleaning up. xD

Wow, I honestly didn't know Thanksgiving was celebrated in October up in Canada. Today I learned!
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:55 pm
I ate some turkey bacon. LOL Yup. We eat the turkey in October.

Ohhh. Yeah, it was a picture the video maker put up.

'Skyrim', huh? Have you ever heard of Inigo?

Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:04 pm
@Rayven - It was, but it is miraculously gone now XD Which is great, because the hubby and I are going to spend Friday through Sunday in Tahoe for our anniversary ^^ I was really worried that I wasn't going to be able to enjoy the trip.

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:48 pm
Praedyth I'm sorry your boyfriend doesn't feel the same way I do. XD My fiance used to cook for me, but that hardly ever happens anymore. Rolling Eyes Does he at least cook some of the time?

Tam I wish you had gone to someone's house, and had a big feast. But at least you got some turkey bacon. XD

Ohh. Well that is a shame that they did that. The least they could have done was find something relevant to cooking, yet imaginative to post.

Riley Conrats! I hope you have a great time. What do you plan on doing while you're there?
Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:34 pm
Utterly: Turkey bacon is tasty, I like it! Definitely a different texture and taste from pork bacon, but still delicious. And I've never heard of 'Inigo' o: is it a game? o:

Rayven: Indeed, my boyfriend does cook dinner every now and then, typically when I'm working the evening shift, am too tired or just don't have it in me. Though sometimes I come home from work after 8PM to him asking "What's for dinner?" lol. Needless to say he usually gets a fairly acidic look when he's the one who's been home all day. c':

As of right now the kitchen is in pretty bad shape from dinner last night... I was too tired and lazy to clean up before we went to bed. I've been going to sleep at 8-9 for the past few days too, which is totally uncharacteristic. c': I'll be trying to stay up later tonight, though. I can't be feeling sleepy at work. xD

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:33 pm
Rayven - We'll just be relaxing for a couple of days. There really isn't anything planned. I'm sure we'll find things to keep us entertained =)

Tam - Turkey bacon is awesome!

Praedyth - I feel you; my kitchen is always in bad shape. I'm too tired from night shifts to clean, and my husband doesn't do any house chores. Very rarely, I'll come home and he'll have done the dishes, but it's not a regular thing.

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:12 pm
Praedyth I had that problem too, but I nipped it in the bud. XD I work from home now so it isn't an issue, but when I was working out of the home I told him he needed to have something ready for me when I came home. I always do it for him so it's only fair. He did much better after I fussed at him. He would even text me to see what I wanted to eat. I was always starving when I got home from work. XD It doesn't hurt men to help out some. Especially if women work too. I don't see why we should work, and still do everything around the house. It isn't fair. Since I work from home now I do pretty much everything around here, and I don't mind because our small business allows me plenty of free time. Plus he works, and has to help me with the business.

Riley I'm sure you'll have lots of fun. I hope you come back with some fun stories for us too. Very Happy
Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:42 pm
Riley: I swear it's such an uphill battle. xD You can spend all day cleaning house, and then by the end of the day it's torn apart again. q-q Thankfully my boyfriend is pretty good about tidying up, he'll often vacuum and clear the counter etc (he'll set up the dishes to be washed, but often not wash them xD). It's amazing to come home to a clean house, though! Always feels great after a long shift.

Rayven: That's awesome~ it sounds like you have a really good system going, and a great marriage as well. I never thought it was fair for one person to get saddled with all the housework, even if both go to work and hold jobs. >:C Having a small business from home sounds like a dream. What is it that you do, if I may ask? o:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:14 am
Nobody's place to go to. LOL

Inigo is a companion mod for 'Skyrim'! He gets out of the way when you want to go through the door, and whispers when your character is sneaking. He also if fully voiced.

Most of the turkey bacon I've found is chopped and formed. It's nice, but contains potato. This stuff I just had was solid meat. Soooo nice. I didn't bother heating it.

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:05 am
Praedyth I'm glad to hear he helps you out around the house. It's hard to find a neat man. Hang onto him! XD

Thanks. We try, but we have our moments. He's Filipino so that has been a major adjustment. Things are totally different where he comes from. I finally had to tell him, "You wanted a blonde. There is a price for that. I'm not a Filipina, and I never will be." I've basically had to drag him out of the dark ages. Lol

It is, but sales have been a little slow lately. They seem to be picking up though. Maybe because Christmas is coming. You sure can! I'm an open book. XD We repair and sell vintage audio equipment like turntables, receivers, record players, etc. Well he does the repairing, and he mostly finds them because he's picky. XD I help buy them, deal with the customers, pack them, do all the office work including putting them up for sale on ebay, etc., and I take them to be shipped. It's his passion, but it gives me an income and allows me to work from home. I'm good with that. Very Happy

Tam if you lived close to me I'd definitely have you over for Thanksgiving. *hugs* You'd have to be prepared to eat yourself sick though. XD I make a mean cheesecake. One year my son's girlfriend ate way to much of it, and got sick. Come to find out she was lactose intolerant. I asked her why she ate it and she said getting sick was definitely worth it because it was so good. Lol

Cold bacon is good! As long as it's not too hard.
Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:02 pm
Utterly: Ah, I see! I've never played on PC and have yet to get the PS4 version, so up until now it's only been vanilla Skyrim for me. c': Which sucks because I've had a couple of quests bug out on me for the first time now, and I'm on my third character. o:

And turkey bacon with potato filler... honestly sounds pretty good, but yeah I can definitely see how that would probably be a weird texture and such when cold. xD I like mine kinda chewy so typically pop it in the microwave for a few seconds. c': My dog loved it too.

Rayven: Ohh boy, I can definitely see how that can be a big barrier in a relationship, but it definitely says something that you're still together after all this time, and have worked through it together. ^-^ Also love the way you gave him the hard (and perhaps ugly) truth. xD

Restoring vintage audio devices sounds pretty fun! It's so cool to be able to hold something that's survived through time, and serves as a link to a different era. And that sense of nostalgia when you hold something and imagine where it's been. Ahhh /totally sentimental and such oTL I'll bet you find some pretty interesting stuff!

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:38 pm
Yes it is. I had no idea what I was getting myself into. XD I figured as long as you love each other that cultural differences wouldn't be a big deal. Perhaps there are some cultures that it wouldn't be such a shock, but Asian and American are very different cultures. I love him so it's worth it, but there are days...XD Thanks. Lol I'm a very nice person, and I always say things nice. Until I can't. He had told me several times that when he was looking for someone he decided to fulfill a dream and get a blonde. That's why I said it that way. XD He thought he was going to get an American, and it be exactly as it was where he came from. In fairness, I guess I didn't expect him to be so different either. We survived. After a lot of "conversations". Lol

Yeah it is cool. They're like E's babies. XD He always wants to find them good homes. Me too. I love history, and they are a part of that. Yes we do. We go to estate sales, antique places, yard sales, etc. to find them. Sometimes we find some interesting stuff that has nothing to do with our business. I often come home with stuff for the house. He always tells me that even when he can't find something I can. XD

How long have you been with your boyfriend? If you don't mind me asking.
Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:24 am
https://tam-i-am.dreamwidth.org/295112.html I did a thing.

Ohhhh, so no neat modded 'Skyrim' peeps. Awww, too bad. I'm starting to think that game's an ideal place to play with dolls, as I've said over on another thread... or somewhere. Quests bug out? How does that happen?

Awww, Ray, I'd have to pass on the cheesecake. The hours on the throne just aren't worth the nommerment.

Actually, Praedyth, it's not even that for me and potato. I'm allergic, or intolerant. It makes my brain and my periods do freaky painful things.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:45 pm
Rayven: Eastern and Western cultures are definitely WORLDS apart! Especially Southeast Asia where many areas are still very rural and tied deeply into traditional roots. But it always fascinates me and I wonder what it's like to live in a country where you can go from one of the most densely-populated, technology-saturated cities in the world to a small rice farming village where there are no vehicles or even electricity (I suppose you could say I'm thinking of China or Hong Kong).

I've always admired the Japanese in particular, and wish that the rest of the world would take some notes. xD They're so respectful and considerate as a culture--of course there are bad eggs here and there, but that's life.

Lol you should tell your hubby that you're his "lucky charm".

My boyfriend and I have been together for about 4 years now. I guess you could say I didn't expect things to come this far, and it doesn't even feel like it's been that long, but it also feels like we've been together forever, so I don't imagine us parting anytime soon. c':

Utterly: Wow, Dreamwidth brings me waaaay back to my Sims 2 days. c': I always liked it better than LiveJournal even though they were essentially identical. xD

Yeah, no modded Skyrim characters. It really is great for making dolls and even general modeling experiments, since it's essentially a Sandbox if you're playing on PC.

And there are some known bugs tied to quests which render them unable to be completed. One was actually a sidequest, wherein if you spoke to a certain lady in one of the villages, she would ask you to keep an eye out for her husband, who had disappeared some months prior. Well, I had actually accidentally found her husband's dead body before I had ever spoken to her and gotten the quest, and I guess the game doesn't like that. xD So now if I go talk to her, there aren't any dialogue options and she just complains about missing her husband. :C

It's annoying because I try to do my sidequests in the order that I got them, and clear them up before going back to the story or faction quests, but now I have two or three quests that will forever sit there, unfinished. >:C It's less of a big deal on PC since all you have to do is open up the command console and either "reset" whatever is glitching, or just force it into completion.

Ah, well. I have to start a new character when I get the Remastered Edition anyway, since I accidentally put a character in jail whom I didn't want to, and killed another on accident >.> he wasn't worth starting the quest over for, though. xD

Gosh, that sucks that you can't eat potatoes! And anything that makes periods worse is just like... "can you not exist please". xD Must be some starch or enzyme that your body isn't a fan of. D:[/size]
Page 193 of 194