{ Zan Musings }
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6169, 6170, 6171, 6172  Next
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:01 am
Yeah they are usually really bad. Nothing between you and the road. Sad

Riley I hope your hip gets better. I've had hip problems off and on since I was 16. I had it x-rayed one time, but they couldn't find what the problem is. Rolling Eyes They did find spinal arthritis though. Confused

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:52 am
I don't have my ankle strapped any more. Still kinda hurts in some areas, but I am getting over it...slowly. Sigh

I've had neck issues since I was 12/13. "Soft tissue damage" it was deemed. But it took at least 3 days before I could see a damned doctor because the teacher wouldn't listen to me at the time. Rolling Eyes Mad

It really depends on the accident. Some of them look bad, BUT if the riders are wearing the proper protective riding gear, then they shouldn't be too bad...though speed and impact would also be a factor. But then again, I have seen a guy on a medical tv show, wearing just a helmet by way of protection...and his jeans had a few rips in it, but aside from some pain, no broken bones, some gravel rash. If he were wearing the protective gear, he would have just been dealing with pain. Laughing

And I am seriously procrastinating with this group assignment. I honestly do not know what the hell we are focusing on. thunk
Rayven: *gets hit in the face with some underwear* Wow Bo sure likes to get naked! XD
7090/10000
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:04 pm
E's coworker had an accident. He survived, but has permanent spinal injuries. Sad

Bo I'm glad your ankle is getting better. Very Happy

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:31 am
Bo did word vomit to get a start on her section for the group assignment. It's great stuff if Bo does say so herself. Laughing

"While we understand that the plastic surrounding the Lipton Tea Bag boxes is there to give customers peace of mind that the tea and the box itself has not been tampered with and therefore is safe and fresh, switching the focus to a completely sealed cardboard box, which is 100% recyclable. Much like the KFC dinner boxes that you can “unzip” to more easily reach your food, the same concept could be used for the tea bag boxes. A similar idea is already in place with a competitor’s brand for their 100 tea bag boxes, but not for their smaller boxes. Incorporating this idea across the black tea bag range, would put you ahead in reducing plastic waste, which would end up in the bin as not all councils across Australia have the capability to recycle plastic."

I went to the bank today. I put in a dispute to ACTUALLY get a damn refund from a scumbag (and that's an insult to scumbags) who doesn't respond to emails, and ONLY responds when you threaten them with taking it further because you are sick of getting the run around. And you want your damn money back because you didn't receive what you paid for in the first place. So tomorrow I am going email wherever I am supposed to email with copies of the responses that I have received from them. AND THEN I CAN SPEND MONEY ON GEMS!...*cough* Ninja
Rayven: *gets hit in the face with some underwear* Wow Bo sure likes to get naked! XD
7090/10000
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:16 pm
Yesterday was really odd. My hip was hurting so bad during the whole shift. And when I gave my hand off report and had to walk down the stairs to get out of the building, I felt nothing. And the long walk to my car was painless as well. I'm certainly not complaining, but I'm grateful and amazed XD

Nice, Bo! I do think there is far too much plastic being used to package things. It's horrible. Glad to hear your ankle is doing better!

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:07 am
Wow Bo! You've been busy. XD

Riley that is weird, but I'm glad you're feeling better. My stomach, chest, and left arm were bothering me a lot this morning. I thought I might be having a heart attack, but I didn't want to go to the ER and feel stupid if they couldn't find anything. I feel much better now. I hope it doesn't do it again.

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:56 am
Yes...Bo has been busy...napping... Ninja Laughing
7090/10000
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:24 pm
XD My dog Chase seems to think that's accomplishing something too. He sleeps 23 hours a day. XD

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:15 pm
Rayven, you could always call the advice nurse, but they'd probably tell you to come in anyways....
Sometimes heart burn can mimic the symptoms of a heart attack. That's what my experience was.

Naps are amazing Yes

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:58 pm
That's the main reason I didn't go. I didn't want to be embarrassed if it was just indigestion, but it didn't really feel like that. If it happens again I'll go get checked out I guess. They'll give advice over the phone? I didn't know they did that anymore.

They were when I was a kid, but something changed.

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:12 am
Alrighty then, I wasn't actually going to post until tomorrow when I turned my laptop back on, but I just reread your post Rayven. You had pain in your arm as well? Then next time it happens, go to the ER anyway. I have read (a while ago now), that women commonly experience arm pain when they have heart attacks, while in men it is predominantly in their chest.

It is much better to be safe than sorry and be a live fool, then a dead fool.

I'm going to end up a dead fool. I just know it. >.>
7090/10000
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:45 pm
Yeah, it never hurts to get checked out. Women can have back, jaw, or neck pain for heart attack symptoms as well.

I know Kaiser and Anthem Blue Cross have advice nurse numbers, but I'm pretty sure other insurance carriers have them as well.

Bo, me too. I'm a nurse, and often times I don't follow the advice I would give to a patient. I have a high pain tolerance, and just a high tolerance in general for dealing with things. My husband is usually my voice of reason and gets me to go get checked out.

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:48 pm
Bo yes my arm was hurting too. You're right. It's better to be a live fool. XD I promise next time I'll go get checked out.

You will not. XD You're smarter than most people because you have two brains. One in your head, and one in your butt. XD It definitely seems to have a mind of it's own.

Riley thank you for the information. You're lucky your hubby takes your health seriously. Yes

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:53 pm
Yes, my butt does have a mind of it's own. If only it would share it's smarts with me. Laughing

I swear, if I end up with kids, they are going to end up having ISSUES that have ISSUES. Laughing XD
7090/10000
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:47 am
Lol

XD If it makes you feel any better everyone usually screws up their kids. You start out with the best of intentions, but something always goes awry.
Page 6170 of 6172