Neil Gaiman - Neverwhere
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Entertainment [Nov.'19]
Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:55 pm
Beneath the streets of London there is another London. A subterranean labyrinth of sewers and abandoned tube stations. A somewhere that is Neverwhere.

An act of kindness sees Richard Mayhew catapulted from his ordinary life into a subterranean world under the streets of London. Stopping to help an injured girl on a London street, Richard is thrust from his workaday existence into the strange world of London Below.
-------------------------------------------------------

Have you read the book? (You should, it's wonderful!) Here's a special treat! A chance to listen to the story from BBC Radio 4! (Hurry, there's only five days left to listen to parts 1 and 2!) Very Happy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01r527b

(This link will take you to listen to Part One. You should be able to navigate the site for the other parts.) Very Happy

Knight of Zantarni
Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:39 pm
Yes and yes. :3

I've read the book a while ago, Neil Gaiman is actually my favourite author. And I listened to the radio drama when it came out. I've been recommending it to all of my acquaintances, friends, students and so on. XD

It's really worth both the listen and the read. A brilliant story.

Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:21 pm
b]I actually saw a mini series of this on TV. I don't know how long it's been since I saw it. I did enjoy it.
Didn't find out about the book until later. Found only one copy at the library. Haven't checked it out yet.

Knight of Zantarni
Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:45 pm
I'm currently reading this book. So far I am really enjoying it. :3
Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:57 pm
I loved this book! Found it at a thrift shop one day, and at the time hadn't read anything by Neil Gaiman yet, but was interested as lots of people were always recommending his work--and he'd also contributed to an issue of Hellblazer. cB

It was so unique, and sucked me in--pretty sure I finished it within a few days. Actually just started another read-through last month, but there are just too many distractions, so many other things to do... c':