Rayven's Nest-30,000 zg to 1st poster on pg. 300!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 185, 186, 187 ... 200, 201, 202  Next
Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:58 am
*peeks head in*

Hello!

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:48 am
I'm in a better mood now. I ended up spending 2 hours with a girlfriend tonight and we had a great time catching up.

Now that I am in a better mood, I need to bum down and head up!...no wait...head down and bum up and study! Yes Laughing
Rayven: *gets hit in the face with some underwear* Wow Bo sure likes to get naked! XD
7250/10000
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:47 pm
Tam it just doesn't seem right. I mean I'm all for the teacher's getting better pay, but I just don't think students should be encouraged to not attend class. Nothing should interfere with the education part of it. These aren't factory workers. They're teachers. No one's education will be interrupted if a factory worker goes on strike. Teacher's should just automatically be paid well so things like this don't happen. I've always thought that. In a factory they might get scabs to cover the work, but it is more difficult to replace a teacher. Plus teachers that have dedicated their whole lives to teaching should never be replaced or undervalued. So many teachers buy their own classroom supplies out of their own pockets. It's not right. Those should be provided by the school, or even with government programs. I can't think of any other profession off the top of my head where someone is expected to turn around and spend their paycheck on their job. Sad

KittyxChan-Hello! It's very nice to see a new face in here. Welcome! How are you doing?

Bo I'm glad you're feeling better, and that you had a good time. Your bum always makes an appearance doesn't it?! XD
Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:07 pm
*puts a sheet over Bo's bum, pronounces it an accent table, and sets a vase with flowers on it*

Sometimes I get weird and think the whole civilization needs kicking over so inflation can go poof. Then I hit myself mentally and redirect my thinking.

Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:55 pm
Rayven - Yeah, it get's hard switching from days to nights and back, but I try to have my availability staggered so I have an easier time with switching shifts. Most of the time, it comes in waves. Last month was all day shift, and now the next few months will be night shift.

KittyxChan - Hello! Nice to see a new face!

Bo - Glad you're feeling better. Ugh, there was a period in my college days where the professors were threatening to strike, and no one knew if they were going to or not. They ended up not, but still, the uncertainty sucked.

Tam - You're not alone in that thinking Yes

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:47 pm
Oh Tam! You know Bo wiggles too much. That vase is going to get broken. XD

I think eventually that will happen, but that will make things even tougher for a while. Things often have to get worse before they can get better.

Riley I'll keep my fingers crossed that you'll adjust quickly. At least switching around isn't boring, and maybe it gives you a chance to do things that you can't during certain shifts.

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:55 pm
My bum needs it's own profile. Laughing XD
Rayven: *gets hit in the face with some underwear* Wow Bo sure likes to get naked! XD
7250/10000
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:11 am
Rayven - It's usually not a problem, and probably won't be for a few months because it will all be night shifts, so no ping ponging for me XD

Bo: Laughing
Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:56 am
So I am to join in on the current conversation and integrate myself as part of the hangout and the predominating topic is someone's ****.

*Scratches my head a bit.* Yeah, I got nothing short of inappropriate.

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:13 pm
Bo perhaps the Queen can set you up with one. XD

Riley that's good. XD Speaking of ping pong, I never was any good at that. Mad I might as well just throw the ball in the floor because that's where it winds up. I really like badminton though. XD

Zekruul welcome!!! I do hope we haven't made you uncomfortable.

XD That it may be, but that's our Bo! Her bum has been a running joke for years. Luckily we talk about all kinds of stuff here, and you are welcome to join us any time. Feel free to be random too. I never consider it rude for someone to start a new subject. Usually there are several conversations going on at once. Personally, I'm not an expert on much, but I can hold a conversation about pretty much any topic. And I always have Google if I have no clue what someone is talking about. XD

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:30 pm
The conversations here tend to move from topic to topic.

Like for instance, I feel like I just took a dive head first into family drama that I was trying to stay out of.

In short, my grandmother passed away a couple of years ago. My grandpa is deteriorating and is now living in a board and care home. He doesn't know he's not going back to his house. He doesn't have a will and refused to get one; now it's too late because he's not competent enough to have one done. My aunts want to sell his house before he passes away so it doesn't go to the bank, and they're allegedly going to use the money for his rent.

Family has been fighting over who gets what from the house. I just wanted grandpa's record player for sentimental value. It's probably not worth anything. My aunts finally agreed to let me have it, but didn't specify if I could take the whole unit - speakers, receiver, glass case, etc. I decided to take the whole unit, and just got home.

We'll see if they flip out. It's such an ugly situation.

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:03 pm
Aww Riley. I'm sorry to hear about that situation. Even if they throw a fit please keep what you took. They can't make you give it back. You only took one thing. It just happens to have several parts to it, and you deserve to have it.

It amazes me how the vultures come circling when people pass away, or in situations like yours. I'm not saying anyone in your family is a vulture. I'm just speaking in general. They are usually the ones trying to control everything too. Then people like you and me who just want one or two things for sentimental value, and don't want to fight over anything, usually get shoved into the background. My Mom is afraid that will happen when her Mom dies. She wants me to go with her. I will to support her, but I told her I don't want to go to jail over material possessions. XD They're just not worth it. When I was homeless I learned I can live with just the clothes on my back if I have to. After that material possessions just don't mean as much. There are just a few things I really feel like I "need to have" from my parents. I've tried to talk them into giving them to me before they pass, but they haven't yet. The reason for that is I know that my brother will not let me have anything when they pass. He hates me. He'll get everything, and I don't even care. He can have most of it including the house. I don't care about money, and the house is a fixer upper anyway. I mostly just want Mom's wedding rings, one of Dad's guns, and pictures. Hopefully I can get that much to remember them by.

Riley if you need any help or have questions about your Grandpa's record player and the other equipment, please let me know. That's what our business is. My fiance knows a ton about audio equipment, and he fixes them. Since you're a friend we wouldn't charge you a dime for any advice or fixing it (should it need it). The only thing that would need to be covered is shipping, and more than likely if you paid to ship it here I would cover the shipping back. I want you to have it for sentimental reasons, but it should work for you too. We hate to see vintage audio equipment just collecting dust.
Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:33 pm
I have a suggestion for a new topic. XD Weird likes this video. Me, I'm shuddering a little at the thought of the smell these guys must pick up sometimes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOWWXwTBIP8

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:57 pm
So cute! And true! My Great Dane was always doing that to me. Only about 1/2 of her fit on my lap, but it was awesome. I've never had a terribly smelly dog, but mine are inside dogs and well taken care of. I did have one that had a skin condition. She didn't smell the best sometimes. Chase smells like a dog, but clean dog. E and I sniff him all the time. We both love dogs too much. XD I love clean dog smell. Wet dog? Not so much. XD I'll have to show E that video.
Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:34 pm
Laughing I'm sensitive to scents. I can't even stand how I myself smell sometimes.

But that is a cute video. Some of the captions are switched around, but it's easy to see when that happens. LOL And some of the dogs are trying so hard to be nice. Like the big guy with his butt on the arm of the chair.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Back to Forum -> Pubs and Clubs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 185, 186, 187 ... 200, 201, 202  Next
Page 186 of 202