Rayven's Nest-30,000 zg to 1st poster on pg. 300!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 175, 176, 177 ... 207, 208, 209  Next
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:45 pm
I used to worry a lot about that, but I just told myself to write, because everyone has to start somewhere. Just like people who draw all the time, they get better as they keep doing it. So with writing =)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:26 pm
Grasshoppers are VERY scratchy, and the spit. And if it's a beeping katydid they BITE. They're related to bush crickets, which eat meat. I remember another friend telling me about her mom, riding a horse in a parade, and then suddenly waving her blouse over her head as she rode along because a wasp had joined her in it. Bugs in pants are what good underpants are for!

Good. Making people think is good. I'm glad that it does that.

Do you know about ctrl f? That helps me find my place sometimes. I'd love to have those on paper, but I've no way to do it.

What's your story about, Riley?

Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:01 pm
In a nutshell:
A trained killer attempts to escape from his life of killing, but has to run from a tyrannical psycho that rules the city, and has decided to protect the last person he was sent to kill.
Meanwhile, two ruthless assassins (identical twins) have been hired to hunt him down.
And parts of the city are becoming restless, threatening to revolt against tyrannical psycho.

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:57 pm
Riley-You're right. I should really work on my thinking. I try, but it's really hard. XD The city in your story sounds about as crazy as Gotham. XD Your story sounds very interesting. Very Happy

Tam-That's kind of scary thinking about bugs that eat meat. Oh no! Poor lady. True. XD

Yes it's a very good thing. I do, and I use it some. I'll go back and read some more. I haven't been reading much lately at all. Even books. I think I burnt myself out again. I do that. Read a bunch and then take time off. I just recently read a 10 book series, and I think that's what did it. XD Plus I started a new site, and it's taking a lot of time to get my account set up the way I want it. It's one of those breeding sims you don't like. I can kind of understand now, but I like it. The other one I belong to it doesn't matter if you feed them or not, but with this one it does. They need all kinds of stuff. It's time consuming. XD
Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:20 pm
Riley wrote:
In a nutshell:
A trained killer attempts to escape from his life of killing, but has to run from a tyrannical psycho that rules the city, and has decided to protect the last person he was sent to kill.
Meanwhile, two ruthless assassins (identical twins) have been hired to hunt him down.
And parts of the city are becoming restless, threatening to revolt against tyrannical psycho.

Ooooo. Sounds like you've added some interesting stuff to a trope! How far have you gotten on it?

Rayven wrote:

Tam-That's kind of scary thinking about bugs that eat meat. Oh no! Poor lady. True. XD

I just recently read a 10 book series, and I think that's what did it. XD Plus I started a new site, and it's taking a lot of time to get my account set up the way I want it. It's one of those breeding sims you don't like. I can kind of understand now, but I like it. The other one I belong to it doesn't matter if you feed them or not, but with this one it does. They need all kinds of stuff. It's time consuming. XD

Yeah. Gross, too. XD My friend told the story with laughter. Seems it's become a family story. *yay for Fruit of The Loom*

Ohhhh. Even I have gotten burned out after reading a long series. That's why I shun them now. LOL

Which site is it? And what's the other one?

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:13 am
XD Like the story of my Grandma. She was unlucky enough for it to happen at a family reunion. Laughing My family calls them fruity nooms. XD I think that started when the boys were little. One of them probably couldn't say Fruit of the Loom. XD

Well I would too, but when I fall in love with a character or story I don't want it to end. XD

The one that is much lower maintenance is Felisfire. The new, high maintenance one is Lioden.

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:35 pm
@Rayven - It was hard for me too Yes With my first and second stories, I just told myself to write, because no one was ever going to see them.

Well, it's not like this city is crawling with criminals. They're a worn down, broken, oppressed people, and they're tired of it.

@Weird - Almost 70k words, and about 69 pages in a word document.
Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:09 pm
Ravyn: LOL My family just calls all those garments, of all brands, boonies. Except when they were aping the baby sisters and calling 'em bumpants (thongs were moonpants).

Aww. I think I've just seen too many stories degenerate into Stoooooopid if they got too long. Though I've noticed that a lot of endings on the cartoons I watch are really abrupt and dur.

Ohhh, you're back at 'Felisfire'? And I've watched 'Lioden' videos. LOL Yeah, it'd drive me bonkers. But it can be fun to watch other people discuss strategies and stuff.

Riley: Wow. How much of the story is done? Also, call me Tam. XD Weird is the avi character.

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:23 pm
Riley-You're right. I should just do it, but I just think that if I go to the trouble to write that I would want someone besides me to read it. At least eventually. XD Oh I see. Wow! You've wrote a lot. Very Happy

Tam-XD Those are funny names too. Really? I guess I've been pretty lucky and found some good series. I wouldn't stick with them if they weren't. Actually series do kind of drive me nuts. Especially if I can't find all of the books at the library, and I have to request them.

Yeah. I stayed away for a while. I realized I can live without it, and figured I would just go back while I could. Try to take it or leave it. Now they are under new ownership, but as far as I know they still plan on making everyone start over after coming out of Beta. It's too soon to know how it will go though. I just hope this new owner isn't so shady. It looks like they're keeping the same admin though which bothers me. I just stay out of all of it, and play with my alien cats. XD If they disappear oh well. I really like Lioden. There are a few things I don't like too, but it is interesting to me for now at least. I wish there were more color choices. I think that bothers me the most. Most are brownish like real lions. I think I got spoiled by purple alien cats. XD I have found some black ones, a pinkish one, albino, reddish, and a green. Very Happy

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:12 pm
@ Tam - Ah, I see =) I'd say most of it is done, I'm just in the editing phase that's taking quite a long time. And I'm still not sure how to end it yet.

@Rayven - Ah, I see. Well, you could always just write it straight through first, not caring how it first turns out. Then edit?

Yeah I intend to get it published at some point =)

I love me a good series =) What frustrates me is when I'm really into the story, and I catch up with the author and have to wait a year or more for the next book.

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:52 pm
Riley that's a good idea.

I hope you do. That would be so cool. Very Happy

Or years in the case of Game of Thrones. Mad
Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:38 pm
Riley: That's awesome! And... I hear you on the ending. I have two novels fully done... except I don't know, years after I wrote the rest, how to END them. guh.

Rayven: Have you ever seen 'Furvilla'? Also, if you want, I can help you get into writing. Friends have told me that story RPing with me helped them get going. We could try some flash fiction pieces, if you wanted.

Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:34 am
Rayven - Sheesh, I hear you on the GoT books, though I don't intend to read them at all, so I can't complain much about that XD

Tam - I imagine the ending will come to me at some point. Right now, I keep getting ideas that I want to incorporate, so I'm trying to smooth out the plot in several areas.

RP has helped me a lot when it comes to writing. It gets my creative mojo going XD

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:41 pm
Tam-I have. I actually joined, but it just didn't interest me for some reason. However, I admit I didn't really give it a chance either. I think part of it is I didn't really care for any of the available choices for my character. I'd have to pay an artist to make me one (I think they call them painties?), and I didn't even know anybody there to ask. Do you have an account with them? I also heard that the same person that owned Felisfire (they just got a new owner though) owns Furvilla. I don't trust him. He has a habit of poorly managing his sites (he's had at least 3 that I know of), and he doesn't take good care of them. I don't think he's really interested in them. He just starts them to make some quick cash, and has other people run them. The wrong people usually. He's very weird, and I've seen a lot of crooked stuff go on.

Thank you for the offer, but rping isn't my thing. I've tried it a couple of times, and I don't like it. I have trouble coordinating with the other person I think. I never know what is ok to say, and what isn't. I'm afraid of godmodding. I think that's what it's called. I have trouble knowing when interacting with another character crosses that line. Also, I think I might be a control freak. XD It would probably be easier to write a book with someone. You could talk it over and agree/disagree how a story should go. But with rping I can only control what my character does and what I write. I've never been satisfied with what the other person writes. It's not their fault. Everybody thinks differently, but when I would get bored with a story and try to make it progress like it would in a book (some action is needed), when it was their turn to write they wouldn't take the hint. They just kind of stayed writing what they had been, and ignored what I was writing. It got boring really fast for me. I hope I don't sound awful. Embarassed Maybe I'm just inexperienced, or rping with the wrong partner. I don't know, but it left a bad taste in my mouth. Plus it makes me feel pressured to write, and I like to write when I'm inspired/have the time to.

Riley-How come you don't want to read them? I'm not judging you. XD I was just curious. I really liked them, but they take dedication. They're very long, and there's several of them. Not to mention I guess we'll never know the ending. Crying or Very sad Maybe I shouldn't recommend someone read them since they probably won't get to finish the series. I'm very disappointed in the author.
Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:00 pm
Ahhh. Sounds something like the guy who ran 'Unifaction' and the associated pet game. Yeah, I have an account, but when I learnt that the critters could get sick I gave my critter away and left. LOL

See, that's it. I discuss story with the people I write with, and we're writing it for STORY and PLOT. I play the foils for others to play off of, so that they can get their stories out. I have also astonished some people by playing their OCs perfectly so that they could do other parts of the story, or just to amuse them. LOL But it's all good.

Riley: I sure hope that ending does show up. But to be fair, it's only been two of many that I haven't gotten an end for. (not many novels. I don't usually get stories to go that long)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Back to Forum -> Pubs and Clubs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 175, 176, 177 ... 207, 208, 209  Next
Page 176 of 209