Writing with Tarot
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Wordsmith's Nook [Nov.'19]
Mon May 16, 2016 12:23 am
Last weekend I took a creative writing class on writing by using tarot cards. It was really interesting! The instructor gave us prompts and sometimes we'd each write using a tarot card shown on the powerpoint screen or we'd use a card from our own (or a borrowed) deck. It really gave me some fresh ideas and now I'm going to continue using tarot cards at home for prompts!

Has anyone else ever used tarot cards for writing?
bohemian

Dedicated Citizen
Wed May 18, 2016 8:47 pm
Not necessarily for writing. But when I was younger, my best friend was collecting a weekly newsagent release for astrology and it came with runes and tarot cards as well as information in regards to the stars in the sky. We would use the Major cards and use the cards to tell a story. It was fun....thinking about that now, I should use that technique to teach myself the meanings...or feelings of the Minor cards.
Riley: Bo, the Goat Whisperer. XD
Blaze: Bo, you're just chaotic... Razz Heart
9695/10000
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:36 am
I haven't, but that sounds really fun! I don't own a tarot deck, but I might consider getting one just for this writing exercise.

Would you consider sharing any of what you wrote? XD
WishingMoon

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:43 am
This is related enough I feel I can share.

Fun fact PKD used the I Ching (originally a divination manual) in order to write "The Man in the High Castle."

Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:18 am
That is an amazing idea. I read tarot cards and write fantasy stories. I never thought of combining them before now. I think I will do that next time I am hit with writer's block. Very Happy
Page 1 of 1