The Works of ONE
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Entertainment [Nov.'19]
Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:02 pm
Anyone here read or watch any of his webcomics/manga, more specifically One Punch Man and Mob Psycho 100?
Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:24 pm
I've been reading the redrawn version of One Punch Man, by the artist who did Eyeshield 21. I also watch the anime and enjoy it.

What's Mob Pyscho 100 about?

Posts beginning of the February: 5,837
Post Goal of 6000
Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:09 pm
Murata's redraw is something else, and I've been pleasantly surprised by the dub. It's been pretty good so far, and I think it's been about 95% accurate to the original script so far too.

Oh boy lol How do I go about this without spoiling too much... It's basically about this 14-year-old boy, Kageyama Shigeo aka Mob (both a play on a way to read "Shigeo" and that it's the Japanese equivalent for "nameless side character" because he doesn't really stand out), who has incredible psychic powers but just wants to find a purpose in life apart from them and live a normal life. The main problem is that he ends up being drawn into various situations because of his powers. He's a key example of the "cinnamon roll" meme, and he doesn't want to use his powers on people but ends up in situations where he doesn't have a choice. After an accident with his little brother when they were younger Mob didn't want to use his powers anymore, so he's been repressing his emotions which are key to them, which has ended up with him developing what's referred to as his Explosion Meter - if he ends up at 100%, whatever emotion he's feeling the most at that point sort of dictates how the explosion of his psychic powers manifests.

The art is probably what turns people off the quickest, but ONE is such a great storyteller. One of his greatest skills is subverting tropes and expectations. And, while there is another master-disciple dynamic and blank-faced, superpowerful main character, the story isn't much like OPM at all. There's ONE's brand of humor, but the story overall is more serious than OPM.

This http://fluffberries.tumblr.com/post/139396630150/tsukidaisy-please-readwatch-mob-psycho-100 actually sums it up reasonably well.

Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:00 am
I started reading One's (original) version of One-Punch Man just to find out what happens. The beginning were pretty similar but they're both definitely branching away a bit. I gotta say the humor is better in the original. Yes

Definitely sounds interesting, and yeah, the art isn't the greatest thing, the story sounds good. I might give it a read. Yes

Post Goal of 6000
Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:20 pm
I had actually read ONE's version first, though I can't remember how I came across it. I'm waiting to build up a bunch of Murata's version to read all together, especially since he's adding this whole tournament arc. Murata collabs with ONE on everything though, so ONE still has input in the Murata-only stuff. ONE has say over the anime too, and the second season was just announced, so that's something to look forward to since the first season of MP100 ends tomorrow.

I'm usually someone who can't read something based on how it's drawn, but even so MP100 is really worth reading even if ONE isn't the best artist. You can see how he improves along the way though as you read it.

Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:55 am
Where have you been reading them? One of my sites I use to read manga is asking for my password and I can't quite remember it lol.

Post Goal of 6000
Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:17 pm
I read a lot of manga at Mangago. You can join the site if you want to, but I never did since you can still read manga if you don't, and joining things is a pain.

This will take you right to Mob Psycho 100. Very Happy

http://www.mangago.me/read-manga/mob_psycho_100/
Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:15 am
@Clausey: I normally read it here, but they've been slow or erroneous (like not labeling right and it ends up back like 50 chapters) on updating lately. I've been reading the newest chapter scanlations on eyedelater's tumblr.

@Paganbeer: Do you read it too?

Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:39 am
Thanks! I tend to read on Bato.to , but I swear, I never remember my passwords on certain sites especially since most sites just keep me logged in. :lol"

Post Goal of 6000
Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:19 pm
No, but I recognized the title from the update list on Mangago. Very Happy I've read a little of One Punch Man, because my son showed me part of one of the anime episodes. I liked it, but it's not really my thing in manga. I keep thinking I should check out the anime, because that looked like fun.
Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:06 am
I have watched a few episodes of one punch man, and I did enjoy it. Only read a few chapters of the manga. I need to go baby and catch up on it again. I have never really joined any manga site either. I probably should with all that I read.
Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:45 am
@Clausey: lol I know how that is. When something doesn't keep me logged in and I can't remember my password and neither does the site I sort of panic depending on which site it is. It's especially annoying for sites I pay the bills through though. X(

@Paganbeer: Yeah, One Punch Man can be kind of one of those hit or miss series. I was actually pretty surprised at how good the dub was. The voices weren't too bad, and they actually stayed pretty true to the original script. Genos still should have called Saitama "Sensei" though.

@CrystalRoses: I've read the original webcomic, but I haven't read much of the Murata redraw. Not that I don't want to, just that I want to have something to read sometime when I have the chance and can't read or watch anything else.