The Littlest Glendor, a St. Yorick's Day Tale
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Wordsmith's Nook [Nov.'19]
Meldrick the Elder

Knight of Zantarni
Zantarni NPC
Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:00 pm
"The Littlest Glendor, A St. Yorick's Day Tale"

Winter storms had closed the narrow pass over the mountains above Edingtol, forcing Cyrus out of the small cave he had called home, ever since he was abandoned by his parents, because of his deformity. He was half the size of a normal glendor and was born with only one wing. Cyrus never blamed his parents as he understood the way of nature, and he had survived. But now that the weather had turned so cold he was forced to move down into the valley towards the city of Edingtol.

He was afraid of what he would find, afraid he would never survive this new environment; but he also knew that there was no turning back from where he had called his home. The closer he came to the town, the more nervous he became. As he neared the gates, he paused as he heard music and caroling and the sound of laughter. These things were new to him and he was unsure if he should continue through the gates.

Hiding in the shadows, he watched as an old Elf greeted people, giving them gifts. . .clothing, gold and something else. . .something that wiggled when he handed them to the newcomers. Cyrus' eyes lit up, the wiggling bundles were glendors!

Meldrick smiled as the last of the newcomers left, thanking him as they headed off into the city proper. The old Elf sat back down on his perch on the low stone wall and started to gather up his things, when he caught the soft scent of cinnamon in the air. Standing back up he 'looked' into the shadows of the gateway, then knelt down. "Come little one, do not be afraid."

Cyrus tried to back further against the wall, unsure what this elf wanted. But the sound of his voice was both calming and soothing, which caused Cyrus to edge towards him. Looking up into his kind face, Cyrus realized for the first time that the elf was blind...so he moved a bit closer.

Meldrick smiled as he sensed that the little glendor was moving warily towards him. He could also sense that there was something different about the little one. Taking an apple from his pouch, he split it, taking a bite out of his half, and offering the other half to the little one.

Cyrus sniffed at what was offered to him, salivating as he realized it was food. He moved to the elf and gently took it from his hand and started to eat it, as the elf slowly sat beside him.

After finishing the apple, Meldrick slowly arose, “I am going home little one, you are welcome to join me.” With that Meldrick turned, the glendor followed him down the trail that led to what looked like an old fortress.

As they approached Cyrus stopped, as pouring out of the gate of the fortress were glendors of all sizes and shapes, surrounding him and the elf. Meldrick turned to him and smiled, “Welcome home Cyrus.”

Sit back and I'll tell you tales of Faeries and dragons.
Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:00 pm
'Tis a worderful tale Sir Meldrick, as always. Heart
Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:54 am
Jexious gave a squeel of excitement as the elder, Meldrick, finished his story.

"I want to adopt little Cyrus! He sounds so adorable..."

Then again, Jexious loved any animal, shape, size, or deformity. Jexious always had a nurturing heart, and always found his heart the softest to the little creatures in need of love the most.

To be forgotten is worse than Death.
~~~Freya
Find Jex's Discussion of the day!
Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:31 am
That's quite the story. I liked it very much but I never would have thought the mind of a Glendor would reach that far.
-whispers softly- I kinda imagined them as rodents Embarassed
I'll take better care of them now. Yush!

Will there be some more stories of little Cyrus? I'd like to know if he has found his true love in the little glendor community Yes

Meldrick the Elder

Knight of Zantarni
Zantarni NPC
Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:50 am
Meldrick smiles, "I am glad you liked the story. As far as there being any more Cyrus stories. . .I could see a few possibilities, including a love story in his future."

Sit back and I'll tell you tales of Faeries and dragons.
Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:12 pm
you really do have a gift for words, your storys fascinate me every time i read the.
Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:51 am
I love that story Smile
http://www.zantarni.com/post2786213.html#2786213

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Wordsmith's Nook [Nov.'19] All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1