Don't you just hate it when...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Entertainment [Nov.'19]
bohemian

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:17 am
Don't you just hate it when you enjoy a movie, but at the same time the movie is highly distressing to the point where you can't watch some parts due to something that can trigger you in a bad way?
I'm like that with Tears of the Sun. It's a great movie, but...it strikes a chord with me, especially with the ethnic cleansing and the...ethnic purge in the villiage midway through.
I mean, you have movies like Dumbo where it is sad, but it gets the happy ending, then you have movies that strike a chord, like Tears of the Sun for me. I know it isn't the only movie out there that strikes a chord with me, but because I just watched it, it is still on my mind.
Riley: Bo, the Goat Whisperer. XD
Blaze: Bo, you're just chaotic... Razz Heart
9695/10000
Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:57 am
I agree. Ethnic cleansing scenes get to me as well being of native American Indian descent, as well as of German Jewish descent. I happen to like the movie The Infiltrator. It's about a freelance reporter who goes undercover and joins a neo-nazi hate group. It's really good in that it explores the atrocities they they prerpetrated, but then again , it's all very hard to deal with too.

Any movie with child abuse or rape is difficult for me to deal with too as I am a victim of both.

But, some movies are so good, so poignant, that you have to watch it despite the things that effect me.

And Tears of the Sun is a good movie.

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:01 pm
There are also books that have triggers in them, like The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo has triggers in it which makes me feel I shouldn't look at the movie either just because of the sexual violence that happens in the book. I'm not sure if the sexual violence is in the movie or not, but I don't want to take the chance of watching the movie and being triggered with sexual violence.
Riley: Bo, the Goat Whisperer. XD
Blaze: Bo, you're just chaotic... Razz Heart
9695/10000
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Entertainment [Nov.'19] All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1