Face Lifts?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> The Scholar's Room [Nov.'19]
Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:01 am
What do you think about things like face lifts and related things? .I never thought about plastic surgery

How do you feel about trying to look younger?
I don't mind looking younger as long as I don't have to have surgery to achieve it. I like to look the way I feel on the inside. Happy and energetic.
Are you comfortable in your own body? At the moment no. I feel it not where I want it. I don't feel as energetic as I did before.

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:24 am
What do you think about things like face lifts and related things?

I personally don't care for them, and I wouldn't want to be cut on. However I feel to each their own.

I don't think it's a bad thing to try to stay looking young, but there are other ways to do that besides surgery.

Are you comfortable in your own body?

Not really. And I probably never will be. I don't think most people are thanks to the impossible standards that society has placed on us. For example models, tv, etc. I also think it's really sad. We should be able to accept who and what we are, and what we look like.
Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:55 am

Personally I don't like the idea that someone cutting on me and pulling at my skin is gonna make me look younger.
but I guess to each his or her own. I have no problems with face lifts. I know that it has helped a lot of people, especially those that have some health issues. I think i remember seeing a picture where some one had a face life because her eyes where being covered and she had a hard time seeing.

it's those that become addicted to the surgery that I think need the most help.

There is nothing wrong with trying to look younger I suppose. But there is something to say about aging gracefully. of course that doesn't mean you should just give into aging. I think people of take care of their body and skin naturally with good healthy choices actually wind up looking younger and more beautiful than those that choose surgery.

I really want to shout "YES I AM!"... but I have to be honest the answer is no. I don't feel comfortable at all right now. I feel uncomfortable around pretty people. always have, but for some reason they keep coming around me. I wish I felt comfortable enough in my own body to get over that.

I would never want to have surgery. That does not mean I against it. I have often thought about breast reduction surgery. but I am hoping that after loosing all this weight that will not be necessary.
Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:44 pm
What do you think about things like face lifts and related things? I think that if YOU feel like you WANT it then its your porgative. However if you only feel pressure to have it done because you think you're not what society deems to be perfect then you should be offended and should NOT get it. I think everyone is gorgeous in their own way. Who am i or anyone else to tell them how to look or anythign else? The same goes for "fat" people. They try so hard to lose wieght in hopes that they will finally be accepted into society as normal. Its very sad to me that society has these "molds" and everyone MUST fit or be branded with some degenerate lable to make sure people know they are not perfect or normal. If you FEEL like you are perfect. Then that is what counts. NOTHING else.

How do you feel about trying to look younger? I think getting older is a priveldge. I hate getting older but i also think its kinda funny... the choices you make in life make you who you are. I chose to be a mother. My kids see me as MOM... I see myself as the hot 17 yrs old i used to be lol... But in reality.. i am an aging mother. (31) I realize that i WILL look older soon. With that comes maturity and the knowledge that

Are you comfortable in your own body? Kindof, because i know the way people view me, steriotyped.. I am 300 ibs. I have had thyroid cancer/ hypo thyriod disorder. Sleep apnea ect.. But i have been working very hard on this. Still people give me dirty looks when i order a pizza, or if i am in a fast food line getting tacos for the kids. I an sick of it but I KNOW why i am fat, just because others dont means that they are ignorant in my mind. If you dont take the time to get to know me. Dont judge me, because you know NOTHING about me. Smile Therefore in closing. i accept myself but i still get upset at the way people treat me based on looks. I am pretty for a bigger person, so that helps, some people however are not "as pretty" as society thinks they should be and are treated far worse than me. Which is another sad thing.
Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:55 pm
i take very good care of my skin so i am quite comfortable with the way it looks.

i wouldn't mind looking younger as i am turning 47 on jan. 13, but, other than excellent skin care & good diet, i don't really go out of my way about it.
i will be whenever i completely detox from my alcohol addiction. it is a difficult thing to deal with, but as long as i don't drink i'll be okay.
Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:59 pm
I have no problem with plastic surgery, sometimes people don't do their research and end up getting work done by a doctor who doesn't do a great job, but sometimes it looks amazing... Yes

Nothing wrong with it in my opinion, I say do whatever makes you feel good...

Sometimes I am and sometimes not, it just depends on the day I guess, but I'm learning to love my body...
:3
Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:20 pm
Riley wrote:

Anything else related

I've got to say I don't approve. Surgery HURTS. Surgery is DANGEROUS. Surgery is NOT for sissies or the faint of heart, and in my opinion, it is NOT for something as frivolous as wanting to look younger.

Even if I could afford plastic surgery, I wouldn't go for it. I'm not looking for a man (I gave up on that years ago), and all the people I really want to love me, already do...just the way I am. Yes Heart
Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:24 am
If I'm being totally, brutally honest/judgmental? Yecch...

However, if I'm being open-minded, I say, do whatever you think will work to make yourself happy. If you try the face lift and that doesn't work, try something else. Happiness tends to be a process of elimination. My mom used to say, "It's just as important to know what you don't want..."

Not necessary. Everyone thinks I'm in my twenties, but lately I've been getting a lot of "you look tired" comments/concerns. So, I look like a tired twenty-something. It could be worse.

No, but I'm a woman in America, so I think I'd have to be half-cyborg already to be happy with my body. Still, I'm learning to love it the way it is. If we ever want to be happy with our bodies, it's about deprogramming, and re-prioritizing.

We're just taught too many stupid things about the importance of physical beauty/perfection -- and any time anyone tells us what beauty and perfection is, they're selling us their opinion, instead of letting us figure it out for ourselves. They can be persuasive, but I find that I like things that other people don't, and vice versa, so I'm learning to trust myself on that one too.

Anything else related:
I agree with Loris that surgery is dangerous, but so is jumping out of a plane, and people like to do that too.

Also, it's really hard to tell someone with severe deformities what they should or should not do in regard to cosmetic surgery. On one hand, being/looking different builds character, but on the other hand, it sucks to be made fun of, pointed at, stared at, etc. It's easy to talk about the "purity" of the human form when you have two arms and legs that are average length, or when you have hair on your upper lip, not over half of your face.

More often than not, cosmetic surgery is about how much we value the opinion of the person/people looking at us on a daily basis, and how superficial those people are/are not.

Siggeh by Manda of HeartsEnchanted.com
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> The Scholar's Room [Nov.'19] All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2