Arabian Nights 1x1
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> 1x1 RPs [Nov.'19]
Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:40 pm
PLOT:

This is the story of two siblings, who live a life of poverty in the growing city of Babylonia. They dream of wealth and riches, of conquering lands like kings, but daily hardships remind them that they are just petty thieves. Will their bond survive everything that crosses their path?
Babylonia is a fast growing city in Sumer. The people have mastered writing on tablets, started growing crops and are storing the surplus of food. Houses are built out of mudbrick and there are a lot of temples. Religion plays a big role in daily life, so does music. There is a social structure where the king is the most important, then comes the 'free' men and after that the slaves.

PROFILES:

Username: ~`Pheonix`~
Name: Sarah
Appearance: Sarah is about average height for her age, and has a small build. She has long, blonde hair that she usually keeps up in a messy pony-tail, and sea-blue eyes. Sarah has numerous freckles around her nose and cheeks. She doesn't wear any makeup, for she can't afford it. She usually wears just a t-shirt and shorts. She is very pretty.
Personality: Sarah loves her brother, so therefore she'll follow him wherever he goes. Sarah is outgoing, and kind. Sarah loves the feel of adventure, and action. Wherever she goes, she knows she'll have a fun time.
History: Sarah and her brother wasn't always treated like poverty. Oh no. Her mother and father used to still be alive, in fact. They weren't the richest people to begin with. But then they died one sad day, and they were thrown onto the streets, unable to afford the house and all the things in it. Now they live on the streets, stealing food or whatever they can to survive the everyday monstrosity that is Babylonia. Sarah didn't always want to live like this though. She would love to live in a big house, with lots of money and food. That was one of her many selfish wants, but how to get it is the question.
Other: Nothing right now.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:35 pm
"Sarah?! Where are you hiding?" Su'en walked through the narrow passageways, searching for his younger sister Sarah. She would be somewhere around these parts of the city. That's what she had told him this morning at least. What she was doing in this decrepit part of the city was something he was certainly going to find out. "What's the girl up to now?" He needed to speak with her. Today, he had good news. Today, he was going to tell Sarah that he was going to be an official temple guard. A real honest to Sin job with pay and responsibilities. Him, having responsibilities. He snickered at that while rounding a corner to a little courtyard with a small water fountain. The water was clear and clean. He was actually a little bit surprised about that. The people who lived in these parts of the city couldn't be more than lowly peasants, maybe even beggars. As he bent his head to drink from the fountain, he kept a watchful eye on his surroundings. It wasn't rare for people to disappear when visiting this place. His hand slid unconsciously to the small dagger at his waist. It was tucked behind the cord that held his pants. Easily accessible when needed. "For Sin's sake, what is the girl thinking?" Su'en was getting worried. The people who had passed him, while he sat on the wall of the small fountain, weren't clean and very shabby looking. Dirty and some of them even smelled. He looked down at himself, seeing his own dirty clothes. What was he thinking. He was dirty and grimy himself and he was probably not that out of place. The only things that would give away that he wasn't a regular of this place would probably be the fact that he was fairly good looking and young. Someone who should be an apprentice of some sort or in the royal guard. Su'en pushed himself from the stone wall and started to second guess himself. He really had heard her right, hadn't he? His pace quickened as he probed the dark corners of the streets with his gaze. Tonight, they would certainly meet. Sarah and he always ate together. No reason to worry yet. Su'en made his way back to the main plaza. Stopping from time to time to look at the wares displayed at the stalls. Would he need to get better weapons? Armor? He was getting excited, but still he wondered why he was the one picked out of the crowd to be one of the guard. The personal guard of the priestesses even. When he had asked the head guard about it, he only got a 'The priestess wills it.' answer. Very odd. He shook the worry off him and sauntered on. He would know the reason soon enough.
Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:59 am
Sarah ran through the streets, panting and running as fast as she could. She jumped every hurtle, dodged everyone who walked in front of her. The streets were filled, so sometimes she had to push and shove to get them out of her way. In her hand she had what looked like a loaf of bread, and by the way she was running, it looked like she had stolen it off of a shop in the main bazaar. What? She was hungry, and it's not like she had money to pay for it. So, why not take it?
Sarah took a quick glance behind her. Yep, she knew it. The pedlar had ran from out of his stall and started chasing after her. Luckily for her, the pedlar was pretty round, and very slow. The only thing was, it was very crowded int he streets because they were so narrow and there were a lot of people out. Sarah ran, and ran. She ran until she couldn't run anymore. She saw her brother, looking like he was looking for something. She came up to him, running, and said to him, "He Su'en, how's it goin'? How's your day been? Mine's been good, okay, see ya later!" very quickly and rushed. Sarah took a sharp turn into an alleyway when a crowd of people passed. She thought that she had lost the pedlar.
The pedlar finally got up to Su'en. He panted, and whipped the sweat off his brow. "Lad-- have you-- seen a-- girl?" He said, panting through his words. He bent down and rested his hands on his knees, breathing loudly, trying to catch his breath. From out the corner of the alleyway did Sarah peak. She could see that she gave the pedlar a run for his money, literally, only with bread instead of money. Sarah looked at her big brother. She wondered how he would feel about this. This is how she survived, how they survived. Heck, it was how a lot of people survived. It was tough, but how would they live? Sarah did not like it, and I do mean did not, but how was she going to survive in a place like this everyday. Life everyday was a struggle. It might not have been a loaf of bread. Not everyday did she get so lucky. Somedays she would just get a quarter of a loaf of bread, or just a half bitten apple. That was her lifestyle though. She didn't know how else. It's not like she could earn money someway. Nope, this was just the only way. But did she feel guilty? Definatly.

Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:09 pm
Su'en smiled at the sight of his sister. He opened his mouth to tell her the great news, but before he even had the time to utter the first syllable she was gone. Running past him and into a crowd where she disappeared. What was that all about? He whipped his head back to the front when a breathless man started speaking to him. The guy was obviously running after Sarah, trying to catch her for whatever naughtiness she had done now. “Errr yeah, she was running that way.” Su'en gestured toward a side street packed with people. Knowingly pointing the man in the other direction. Then grabbed the man's arm and spoke in an authoritative voice. “What did she do? I'm a temple guard from tomorrow and onwards. Maybe I can be of assistance? Should I alert the royal guard of this problem you are having?” He held the man in place. Trying to sound sincere and considerate. He eyed the man from head to toe and deliberated for a second, then made up his mind. “I should remind you, good Sir, that causing an uproar in our peaceful society can lead to unwelcome attention...with following consequences.” Su'en gave the man a firm squeeze in his arm, accompanied by a rather stern look. A look that would hopefully scare the man into not following the girl and making a thing out of the situation. The royal guard didn't like complications. They would cut of the head of every major criminal they got their hands on, but what they really hated was wasting their time on petty thieves. Everyone pretty much knew that and Su'en bet that this guy, he had a hold on, wouldn't want any problems with the guard themselves. He let go of the market vendor or whatever he was and smiled at them. “Oh well, it's none of my business anyways.” Then turned his back on the man and walked towards the crowd in which his sister had disappeared. He made his way through it. Pausing at a clothing vendor nearby before he glanced back at the man. They were gone and had either gone into the direction he had pointed out or had gone back to whatever they were doing before running after his sister. Either way was fine, though. Su'en sighed softly, then shook his head before he made his way to the nearest side street he could find. The worry on his face quickly disappeared, when he saw Sarah hiding in the alleyway. She was alright and that's what mattered. “Come with me.” He said softly while grabbing her wrist and pulling her with him. “The guy can be still out on the streets.” He quickly walked a few yards deeper into the alley, then turned on her with a big broad smile. He grabbed her then and lifted her up in the air. Almost shouting the next words that came from his mouth out of sheer happiness. “I've got the job, Sarah! I've got it! I've got it! No stealing, no begging, no scrounging for stuff. I'm the new temple guard for Inanna. The goddess of wisdom, love, war and death.” He didn't mention that she was also the patron saint of the women of the night and the goddess of eroticism. But that, that was something his dear little sister didn't need to know. Protecting her from those things was something he could at least still do.
Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:20 pm
Sarah was expecting a storm of disappointment coming from her brother, but what did happen puzzled her. Her brother, although he did it too, did not like stealing. Sarah walked a little ways with her brother, and was surprised when she was picked up into the air and hugged. A broad smile lit across her face. "You got the job! Yay, no more stealing from people!" She exclaimed, but noticed she said it a little loud, so she quieted down.
"Have you seen her? Have 'ya?" Sarah jumped up and down once she was set back down. What she was refering to was the goddess herself. No one has ever seen her, EVER. Legend says that if you look into her very face, you will melt away into eternal slumber by her beauty alone. Plus there's always legends going around saying she can turn a man into a salamander in seconds and rumors like that. They're always floating around the city, but it's all the city has to talk about these days.
Sarah jumped up and down. "I wanna meet her one day. Even if I go to eternal sleep for the rest of my life, I'd still like to meet her." She said, and she put her hands behind her head, "I wonder how pretty she is... She must be I'd imagine."
Sarah looked up at Su'en again, and asked him, "Do you think that you could take me to see her one day?" Such a simple, yet outrageous question. Everyone feared, yet praised her. But such small things can't be helped.
Sarah looked at the bread that she had just stolen from the peddlar. She sat down on the floor, saying, "And, if you don't mind, could you get more edible food? I've had stale bread for days." She ripped off a bit, and popped it into her mouth. I guess it's just food, either way. It's all going to the same place. Sarah didn't think like a normal girl. No, she never did. She was never prim and proper and the like. She was never treated like a normal girl. She was not like the other girls she always watched walking down the street. The other normal girls go shopping at another normal stall, shopping for another normal dress that they can wear on another normal day. A shirt was a shirt, pants were pants, shoes were shoes (if she had any). Her mind worked in so many different ways. But now she was coming to think that maybe things might change. Maybe they could live in a normal home now, get fed normal food, have normal clothes. Maybe all that would change.

Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:52 pm
Su'en placed his sister back on the ground. Not even reprimanding her for her small outburst. Stealing wasn't right and the thought of her doing it just to fill her stomach sickened him every day. From daybreak to the fall of night. It made him feel helpless and worthless as a big brother, but this would change. This job would give them both everything they yearned for. No hunger, no cold and maybe a place they could finally call their home. He couldn't help himself, he laughed out loud at his cute sister being ecstatic and happy for him. He wanted to answer her questions. He tried to, opening his mouth to speak. But Sarah rambled on like she always did. Looking at her, he wanted to crush her close and hold her like he always did when they were younger. Su'en kept looking at her for a while, marveling at the person she had become. Or rather had stayed.
When she mentioned the goddess, that she wanted to meet the deity and didn't mind sleeping for eternity, his smile faltered. It was a joke. A slight slip of words. He knew it was, but it still stung. Did she know how much he would miss her? Loved her. And that such a statement hurt him deep in his core. He couldn't live without his sister. Wouldn't know what to do with his life. Taking care of her has always been his first priority.
Su'en kept silent, her last two questions barely registering in his mind. He crouched down next to Sarah and placed himself on the ground. His back resting against an old wooden crate that could barely take his weight. "Sarah..." He said softly. "You shouldn't joke about stuff like that, you know? Leaving me alone in this dump. I wouldn't know what to do with myself." Then placed his head on Sarah's shoulder, leaning against her. His arm brushing hers, his legs folded in front of him. He stared at the piece of stolen bread in Sarah's hands. "You know I'm trying right? Doing the best I can?" Su'en cleared the lump that was starting to form in his throat. He wasn't going to cry. Men didn't cry. That was what his father always said. So he started again, answering one of her questions. "I'll see what I can do tomorrow. I bet you're allowed in the temple with me. Just don't cause any trouble." He said mockingly. "Maybe the goddess will be there and sees every move you make." He prodded her in the side, then quickly kissed the side of her head before standing. "You never know, maybe the priestesses might want you as one of their own." He winked at her, then moved to walk back to the dump they'd call their home for a little while longer. Halting and waiting for his sister to tag along. Thinking about what he just said. Sarah, as priestess. He could protect her forever.

Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:44 pm
Sarah let her brother lean against her, and listened to what he had to say. What he said... made her sad. She knew somewhere inside her that her brother cared deeply for her. It just made her want to cry, for how much he cared for her. It was nice of him. Every day of their life he came to her rescue when she was in trouble... But where was she? When he got into trouble, Sarah wasn't there. No, her brother settled every one of her problems, and his. It was just so... What's the word... Unfair. She can't help him, she's just too small to help a man's problems.
"I-I'm sorry, I shouldn't've said that..." But then she heard him speaking about her becoming a priestess. Her? Becoming a priestess? Preposterous. A girl like her, becoming priestess. She almost bursted out laughing. "What makes you think I could become a priestess?" Sarah inquired. She stood up with her brother. "A priestess would stay all day in the temple, praying and doing her duties."
Then suddenly she bursted out, saying, "I want more than this life! I want to see things that no one has dared to see! I want to see mountains, Su'en, M-O-U-N-T-A-I-N-S! I want to see forests, jungles. I want to see open plains of wildflowers and grasses.... I want to see princess' castles. I want to go out there, and see sights never seen before. I just... I feel like there's something out there... Waiting, for me! Being a priestess... Isn't the thrill ride I was looking for." She ended her huge speech, and looked at her brother. She knew it. Even if he hadn't reacted yet, she knew it, she had done it. Broken his heart, she had.
"B-but... If you really want me to become a priestess... I will. To make you happy.[/b]"
Sarah followed him, almost forgetting she was flinging bits and pieces of her bread in her dramatic speech. She took another bite of the bread, and almost innocently said to her brother, "Do you want some?" and looked up at him with those amazing blue eyes, her freckles as brown as ever, cluttering up her nose.

Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:00 pm
Su'en didn't even notice his sister's words. Not answering her question of astonishment. Engrossed in his own thoughts, because he had finally found a way out and no one was going to stop him. No one. He stood there for a second or two more. Then his sister's words sank in. Broke through the small moment of bliss he had created in his own mind. Su'en blinked. Did she just say mountains? He swiveled his head around and looked at Sarah. No. Stared at Sarah. She was joking right? His jaw almost dropped to the ground. Almost, though he couldn't stop his eyes bulging from their sockets. He slowly blinked. Seeing if they wouldn't pop out with the small movement. They didn't, but they were as dry as the Sahara desert. He moistened his eyes again, then frowned at Sarah who was looking at him with... trepidation? Regret? What did she think he would do? Yell at her? He kept looking at her and decided that wasn't it.
Her next words uttered with hesitation, cut through his soul. Su'en turned his head back to face the road ahead. He couldn't look into Sarah's eyes as she uttered her apology. Words that would soothe him in her eyes. He softly murmured her last sentence to the open space in front of him. "To make me happy. Me..." Then ran his fingers through his hair.
He went back to his original thoughts. Before his sister had exclaimed her worldly dreams. Would this mean that he would force her to become something she didn't want to be? No way. Happiness that's what he wanted for her. And if that would mean changing his plans he would do it. For her. Even though he didn't like it. Didn't like it at all.
He frowned harder and started to walk. He needed to find a solution. Could he make this all work?
"No, thanks. Eat the bread, Sarah. I'm good till tomorrow." Su'en said, waving his hand absently in the air. Then he turned to look at Sarah. Startled when her piercing gaze rested on his face. Assessing him with knowledge. "You know...You could still become a priestess." He bit his lip, knowing that he would probably regret what he was about to say. "I...I know how you can be both. Be the adventurer AND a priestess of Sin."
Su'en took a step closer to Sarah and pulled her close, wrapping his arms around her. Then spoke with his head lowered next to her head. "You can be one of the women of the order who..." He thought for a second. "...a priestess who maintains the social bonds between the order of Sin and the royalty. The wealthy people of Sumeria." He swallowed audibly. "You can travel from temple to temple. Visit those palaces and places you probably have dreamed about." Su'en tightened his hold on her. "Just promise me that you'll take me with, if you choose to be one of those... Those special ones." He was about to tear up. Was this really a good idea? His sister wouldn't become a woman of the night. Not exactly, but she wouldn't be able to keep her innocence either. Something that he swore to protect. He rubbed his cheek on her head and sighed. He didn't have to worry about this. Not yet.

Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:19 am
((Sorry for the short post XD))

Sarah kept her feelings inside. When he asked her a question she just nodded. To tell the truth, Sarah didn't want to live in this life, in this shell so to speak. She wanted a real life, out there, somewhere spectacular, and she knew she would never get it here. Why can't she get what she wanted anyways? Maybe she should just sneak out of the city.
Bling. Then she got an idea. Why not? Why not just leave the city? It would be easy, especially because she's of lower class. Besides... Who would miss her? Her brother would, that was for sure.
She didn't speak for a while. She just stood there, for a while, with her brother's arms around her. She could feel his warmth surrounding her.
"Brother..." Sarah finally spoke up, "How would you feel... If I just left someday?" She asked. She knew it was a very serious question she had just said aloud. She wanted to know his answer though. She knew almost immediatly what his answer was. Actually, it was one she knew all along. All along. From the moment when their parents died, and left them for the mice, the poverty, the starvation, that moment when he looked at her, she knew that no matter what he would protect her. He would go with her wherever she went.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> 1x1 RPs [Nov.'19] All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1