Pricing help?
Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:57 am
I want to open a shop but using art made in gimp. I would like to know what you think these would be worth selling worse

Large Bust Shots

Small full body

I don't have more samples because my skills with gimp had just recently gotten better so I only have two samples to show that at the moment. I am capable of large full body too though its just I lack a sample..
I'm a demon, an actual demon. A spirit puppeting a soulless body. Because of that please consider my feelings when talking of demons and refrain from saying any raciest comments like 'all demons are evil' and such.

DG

DG
Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:32 am
Fishweave, I'm not entirely sure what to suggest. Zoned

Something to consider, though, is the time it takes for you to complete a piece, as well as the amount of detail and effort you're willing to apply.

The small full body has a lot of detail, but the bust is plain in comparison. Sad so without more examples, it's kind of difficult to assess.

You may be better off asking for bribes first. Smile Heart After you get a few offers and collect some examples, then I'd set a base price based off of whatever people offer you. If you feel someone's offer is too low, you can always decline it. Smile It's your right as an artist. Heart

Good luck!! Very Happy Heart Heart Heart

and I hope that helped, ha ha. *is lame* Sigh
Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:22 am
You make a good point DG, I will do that then. I'll try to collect more samples before thinking of going for a stable price. Thank you for the help.
I'm a demon, an actual demon. A spirit puppeting a soulless body. Because of that please consider my feelings when talking of demons and refrain from saying any raciest comments like 'all demons are evil' and such.

DG

DG
Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:24 am
Glad I could be of assistance! Very Happy Heart
Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:25 am
DG! -glomps- Heart How's the arting going?

She put it nicely, Fish. Both samples are very different from eachother. I'd have lotsa requests for my oc's. Having those small details right would be key and that would take a lot more time than say a normal avatar. With most artist it does anyways. I'd offer quite a lot if you are up to do that in the small fullbody style with the same amount of detail. Less if it's a 'plain' avatar request.

So yeah, now for the actual amounts.
I always start off at 25k. People who ask less in a shop are given a tip or I visit their shop often, so they'll have a constant flow of income. So for the first I'd say 25k straight up. The lower 100k + tip cos I really do like that one. The wings and the tiny dots at the waist are a real eyecather to me. But it really has to be just as spiffy when it comes to details.

Furthermore, I really do think that you should get more samples. I know how good your art can be, but random people who venture in here don't ^^'

DG

DG
Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:31 am
Achaia has lots of OCs!! Very Happy Heart

It's okay. *____*; a lot of projects in the works, ha ha. Heart Heart Heart
Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:37 am
-pounces and snuggles- Heart
Why do I get the impression that you overwork yourself? I always see you going from one contest to another haha

DG

DG
Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:40 am
*Snuggle huggles* >u> 'cause I wanna spread the love! Heart

@u@; but yes, I am slightly overworked. Keeps me on my toes, though! XD Anditdoesn'thelpthatI'maninsomniac.
Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:47 am
Ehehe, well a bit of pressure is good. Don't make it too much, though Wink

DG

DG
Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:51 am
Love Heart Heart Heart okaaaaay. *Huggles*
Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:31 pm
Fishweave the second one is amazingful! Yes