SCAMMING ATTEMPT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Announcement Archive
Paganbeer
View user's profile
Send private message

Knight of Zantarni
Reply with quote
Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:55 am
Tejibear wrote:

Fehvy wrote:
And, please refrain from cursing. Even if you add numbers to it, I'm sure it's still against the rules. This is PG-13.

The movie Airplane, while I'm a bit foggy on the language, included many drug references and full frontal nudity and its rated PG.
Just know a rating like that doesn't do much, you need to specify what's right and wrong as everyone's morals are different and setting an age barrier doesn't set what should be done.

Esmerla wrote:
# Do not use foul language.
Note: There is a filter. Trying to circumvent the filter is not allowed.
# Do not post any details and/or pictures that go above a PG-13 level.


That is taken directly from the Zandex. PG-13 or not, using numbers in a word you know the filter doesn't allow is against the rules. This is not a movie.



And to make what he said less offensive:
"
  • The site's security sucks.
  • While Gaia might ban you unfairly they catch everyone who bots and abuses their systems. (Look at the Skullz high scores if you don't believe this site's security is bad. It also took over 3 months to get banned for that.)
  • You're medieval theme is just moronic.
  • Hacking this site is far more fun than playing on the site.
  • We extended an offer to previous admin, Scarz I believe, to help the site's security but he ignored us.
  • This is is really just a Gaia copycat, and a poor one at that. (He then shows that this site's Meta tag keywords include Gaiaonline and Neopets, thus showing you're trying to profit off of those site's popularity. He then states that this site is a modded phpBB2 which wasn't modified well.)"
    Hope that clears up what he was saying.

    Also I feel this should be added, we can do much more than simple scams and cheap little score modifies, if we WANTED to do serious damage we could've taken down this site already. So please, don't try to throw baseless threats at us.

    Forgive any typos, run-ons, nonsensical words, or sentences. I'm very tired.



Big buffalo ch0d wrote:
Well what about the freakin idiots who play it. "Im a knight lets have a sword fight! wooo yayyy" Why dont you get off your lazy f4cking **** and get a fking life!?


Sorry, Tejibear, you didn't manage to make that less offensive. I just have a question...why are you guys here? You really seem to have a mad on for the place. Why stay if you dislike it so much?
_________________
Reply with quote
Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:10 am
i agree with pagan.
many of us here love the medieval theme. and obviously if you dont like it just L-E-A-V-E
you guys are obviously the newbs because you guys think that saying that stuff will hurt us in any way. you are both a couple of trolls who need to get lives
the knights dont go around waving swords saying weeeeee!! they actually patrol the site and make it a fun nice place.
_________________
Bloop
Reply with quote
Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:37 pm
Paganbeer wrote:
That is taken directly from the Zandex. PG-13 or not, using numbers in a word you know the filter doesn't allow is against the rules. This is not a movie.

Oh wow I'd have never guessed this isn't a movie. You guys use the movie rating system to describe your site, I give you a movie example. That's all there is to it.

Paganbeer wrote:
Sorry, Tejibear, you didn't manage to make that less offensive. I just have a question...why are you guys here? You really seem to have a mad on for the place. Why stay if you dislike it so much?

Well then my apologizes if my blunt criticisms aren't nice. However they are all based on fact. Well aside from the medieval theme thing... but that's because we don't RP... because we don't try to hide ourselves behind a veil of a false persona. Honestly if I really wanted to bother with it I could probably make RP boards I post in quite active, however I've decided to stop living in a make-believe world and move on into the real world. Well that and when I talk to a person I want to meet a person... not a character.

Asami wrote:
i agree with pagan.
many of us here love the medieval theme. and obviously if you dont like it just L-E-A-V-E
you guys are obviously the newbs because you guys think that saying that stuff will hurt us in any way. you are both a couple of trolls who need to get lives
the knights dont go around waving swords saying weeeeee!! they actually patrol the site and make it a fun nice place.

One, we didn't try to harm you through words. At no point did we make a verbal attack on anyone. We attacked the system the site is using.
Two, the "Knights" (Screw it I'm just going to say moderators.) do their job, however they do it quite poorly. Rawrrr, my original account, got banned maaaaaaaany months after I did anything banworthy. I'm quite convinced that it would've gone unnoticed had we not done it again. Then I made a second account which did nothing wrong, banned because of the IP. So I got my, well in your terms, first account frozen then about a week or so later I got IP banned.
^Due to this comment I will probably be banned quite soon, don't fret as I'll be back with another account to answer any questions.
And finally three, call us all the names you want. We're just simple men who attempted to help you guys out and when you refused our offer we decided to withdraw that offer and instead show you why such an offer was put in place.

Now then come on and flame us some more then, I can start getting more personal if you guys want. I mean its only fair that the more you direct verbal attack on me that more I should attack back.
Just know all I'm doing is defending myself and everyone else started flaming me. So if you moderators want to do your job correctly you would impartially judge the situation and warn those who were in the wrong.
Blazestorm
View user's profile
Send private message

Queen of the Realm
Reply with quote
Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:35 pm

*applauds Knights and players alike*

I am happy to have the confirmation of community, trust and cooperation that we share at Zantarni that this little 'situation' has brought out, but can not emphasize it enough:

Zantarni staff will NEVER, Ever ask for your user information or password - in any form!



The ONLY exception to that statement is, of course, the official site sign-in, and you should always check the URL in the browser before entering your information!


Also, (as I'm sure you realize) we won't be going around granting Knighthood and Administrator status to random people without an official announcement and without all the "pieces" in place (name color change on the online list, title under avatars, etc.).


If you suspect "foul play" or encounter something suspicious on Zantarni -including any attempt to collect player information- it should be immediately reported to a Knight or Administrator.

Please DO NOT engage 'suspicious' persons with PMs, comments, posts, etc.



Both the Tejibear and Big buffalo ch0d accounts have been banned, by the way.
Reply with quote
Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:48 pm
Thank you, Lady Blaze. You are always on top of things and always great with your royal duties. Heart

Don't forget to mention that upon looking at the URL, be sure there are no double letters, that there isn't numbers in replace of the letters, etc. as well. I've been keylogged via GaiaOnline before and didn't notice it til the last minute that the url actually read "gaiiaonline.com" instead of "gaiaonline.com" but due to my fast thinking, I quickly changed my password and the hackers were not able to access my account.

_________________
Reply with quote
Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:07 pm
Last night I thought about replying to all of their points in factual detail... But then I thought to myself: "Self, they're trolls. They may not be actively attacking anyone, but they are refuting things that don't need refuting to the people on this site, laying bait for someone, anyone to come argue with them."

So I didn't reply. That's the only real way to deal with anyone trolling any board. If you don't reply, all they are is a voice on the wind, and just as easy to ignore.

Mind you, I really wanted to reply to many of their points, as I disagree with most of them. Too bad I've been trolled by better, and learned from it.

If they're really and truly exactly who and what they say they are, they'll be back in some form, and may even try causing havoc, "just because". I guess we'll all have to wait and see if they were blowing smoke or not, eh?

I wanted to ask something of the people checking this thread...
Does it seem odd to any of you that since right after the site's management changed, we've had more odd issues coming up? I'm aware of at least the scammer this thread was started about, a cyber-bot, and now trolls. I know they've always been out there in the 'net, but they haven't really been an issue to us, here in Zantarni. So why now?

Is anyone else aware of anything else like what I'm talking about happening? It could be the same person or people just messing around with us, or it could be multiple individuals drawn or directed towards us.

Bah. Depressing thought. We need happier thoughts! COOKIES FOR EVERYONE! *opens rift in reality, catches one of the cookies now raining over the forum and munches*
_________________
Please see my profile for more details on this character and her history.
Blazestorm
View user's profile
Send private message

Queen of the Realm
Reply with quote
Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:21 pm
Excellent points, Fehvy! Thank you for mentioning those little tricks. Yes

Thank you for showing restraint, Kieren. You "going toe to toe" with them wouldn't have done anything other than waste your time. Concerning the timing of this "annoyance", it doesn't matter. This happened when Alex first took over ownership of Zan too. LOL!

Everyone
, please just ignore this, should it continue, and if anyone discovers anything that seems truly out of place, please just PM a Knight (Mod) or Defender (Admin).

*happily grabs a cookie and saunters off, nibbling*

Reply with quote
Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:24 pm
That's why I didn't respond to them attacking me because they're just trying to see me fight them and it's an Epic Fail.

*tackles Kieren and munches on her cookies!* Yum!!!!

Edit:
*after having posted this, suddenly realizes Blaze is the post above! Stalk, stalk, stalk!!!*

_________________
Amurita
View user's profile
Send private message

Knight of Zantarni
Reply with quote
Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:26 pm
There was a cyber-bot? I got a pm before asking me to cyber, but I thought it might be a joke because...does anyone really speak 133T anymore or n00b for real? And I got no response from my reply either so I thought I'd just ignore it.

As for your question, it's probably just people wanting to mess with us for fun. It's inevitable. I remember seeing on Kinsaki that there were 'hackers' who had decided to show that the site had exploits so that they could 'learn'.

But considering that one guy said he had a previously banned account before, he probably just remembered one day about it and how long the banning took, mentioned it to his friend and decided that it would be fun to screw with us. But you're right though, it's just best to ignore trolls and let the staff deal with it.
_________________
Reply with quote
Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:34 pm
Eek! *ish tackleded*
*speaking from the tackle-cookie pile* Besides, it's fun to just be whatever you want to be on a site that isn't "real life". I'm pretty sure that most of us on Zantarni are adults with jobs, that pay taxes and bills, have daily stresses and need to decompress. It's fun to "try to hide ourselves behind a veil of a false persona"! *munches cookie, tickles Fehvy*
_________________
Please see my profile for more details on this character and her history.
WishingMoon
View user's profile
Send private message

Dedicated Citizen
Reply with quote
Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:20 pm
You know a good idea to avoid fake urls is to have the right urls book marked and go to those to log in.

Also I don't think anyone is really hiding behind a fake persona. Yes some do that. How ever the internet is another forum of communication, like writing letters, texting, and the phone. There is nothing un real about that.

People have themed, same theme as this site, fairs all the time. Is that less real? They are physically acting it out. Just like plays, movies, and like we did when we where kids. Its stupid to think we care about another opinions on what we love.

_________________
Moon's Youtube//Blog
Reply with quote
Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:46 am
i have to say i applaud kieren Smile
i myself am a troll but not on zanny of course ^^ so the only reason why i responded is because i know how to deal with trolls as i do about 50% of my day.. my whole family besides my mom is a bunch of trolls (we even troll each other in real life) so i know how trolls think.
basically if you confront them and they respond with something like he did then he of course is trollin. Smile the end Smile
_________________
Bloop
Reply with quote
Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:25 am
BAHAHAHAHA FAIL.
_________________
All your noms are belong to us.
Zinn wrote:
*Dances around. Butt-wiggles for Echo* FTW.
Reply with quote
Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:00 am
if people do not like it around here, perhaps they should just go back to playing the moronic BS headgames on gaia. i happen to like the laid back zantarni. i like the fact that most cannot get away with hacking your stuff away from you. i have been most fortunate that in almost 6 years on gaia that i have not been hacked. there have been many attempts. maybe it is because i am too smart to fall for their moronic attempts to coax me to cough up my password. who knows? i also like the way any cybersex attempts here are dealt with harshly and quickly. banhammers rule!! thanks to all mods & admins here on zantarni. you are doing a mighty fine job keeping this site safe & clean. i wish that i had a fat wad of money laying around that i could give to zantarni but sadly i do not. whenever i hit it big with the lottery, you guys will be among the 1st to know. Yes Yes Woop Woop Heart Heart
_________________
proud member of the spork squad!
]don't make me poke you with this spork! LOL
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Announcement Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2019 Zantarni / Zantarni Entertainment
Terms of Service
Members login here.

New members register here.
 
zantarni banner