Pokemon Go....Go!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Entertainment [Nov.'19]

Pokemon Go...do you play it?
Yes
77%
 77%  [ 21 ]
No
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
Sitting on the fence about it
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Uhhhh, what's a Pokemon?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 27

bohemian

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:48 pm
Ok, I know nothing about the Pokemon world and now we have this Pokemon Go which has EVERYONE and their cat freaking out. So, discuss the pros, cons...whatevers about this thing. Convince someone (aka me) who has never played Pokemon to get this game and go play it.

I was going to post this in the scholar's forum, but I figured it's a game that people would want to discuss and here is the best place to do that. Yes
Riley: Bo, the Goat Whisperer. XD
Blaze: Bo, you're just chaotic... Razz Heart
9695/10000
WishingMoon

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:38 pm
As a person who can't play it I want others to go and play it for me so I can live vicariously through you.

Knight of Zantarni
Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:46 pm
Oh my gosh, the madness. XD

The other day, hubby had practice with his band and since it's school holidays now in NZ, the band members brought their kids along.

At one point, all the kids (there were about five or six of them) were outside in the pouring rain, hunting for Pokémon.

It's craaaaaaazy. XD

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:28 pm
Wait...since when do you live in NZ Lillie?! Shocked We're practically neighbors now!
Riley: Bo, the Goat Whisperer. XD
Blaze: Bo, you're just chaotic... Razz Heart
9695/10000
Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:59 pm
I find it funny that I can play it on my iPhone 4S, when it's said to only work on iPhone 5 and up. xD
Still, a common issue for many, not just me, appears to get the "GPS Signal Not Found" when using the phone's 3G net. xD I hope they fix this soon. :3
LillieRose

Knight of Zantarni
Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:14 pm
It's going to be a year in August since I moved to NZ. :3

Yep, we are definitely neighbours now. XD

Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:33 pm
My boyfriend and I have been playing it for the last seven days. I honestly have to say that it gets us up and out of the house and walking a lot more often. As well as we have made a lot of new friends because of now chatting wth people that we and them otherwise normally would have just walked past each other without saying a word. occasionally we'll hand the phone to my daughter as well so that she can try to catch some pokémon too., she just loves it.

But I have seen it get a lot of people with social anxiety disorders and depression out of the house and interacting with other people. I've even read about the fact that it has also gotten people with agoraphobia up and out of the house which is something that is hard for them, just because they want the pokémon on their phone.

Queen of the Realm
Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:28 am
... went to a local park today and there were several groups of people there (ages 8 through probably 30), phones in hand, walking, bicycling, or even driving (this scared me to see!) around, catching pokemon. It was a little weird to discover that the local park is apparently a hotbed for pokemon.
Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:29 pm
Woop, woop, new phone ordered! Very Happy A Samsung Galaxy S7. <3 Now I can soon play Pokémon GO. The clerk said it will be here in less than a week. :3
Mom will get my old phone. ^^
Scarz

Defender of the Realm
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:57 pm
There is a public park located by Wet N Wild here and there are people at that park playing Pokemon Go to the wee hours every day. . .it is a bit insane, but it is getting some people out of the house and walking about outside.

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:04 pm
Haha, I have to say I really enjoy playing it. I started playing at the tail end of the week it came out in the States, but I haven't been able to play as much lately. It's definitely something that's gotten me up and walking around though.

One other thing I've noticed is that a lot of the local businesses around me have Pokestops in them, which is drawing in a lot more business. <3

Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:24 am
I agree Dusty, so many businesses around her are getting a lot more people making purchases here as well.

There have been a lot of events, or meet up events going on around where I live as well. where a couple thousand people show up and just chat, catch Pokemon and have a good time. we'll be going to one here on Sunday, and then another one on Tuesday. Smile my daughter is going to love the Tuesday one since it will be at our local library where we can all chill out and watch the first Pokemon movie while catching Pokemon. xD

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:18 pm
That's really awesome! I'm glad it's not just something local to me! Heart

Oh, cool! I'm looking forward to being back up the mountain. XD I'm hoping I can go to some meet ups once I'm settled back in. Will and I are staying with his parents right now, and while I'm sure there are lots of meetups going on I don't have a way to get there. XD But I'll get my car back mid next month. Heart
I hope you guys have fun at the meetups and catch some great pokemon!

Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:51 pm
I made a new friend yesterday, we were out all day. Been out today as well, just taking a small break now, then it's back downtown and camp between two Pokéstops, put up lures.. Then go around and start over, maybe claim some gyms. :3 I am Team Mystic, what about you guys? Very Happy Found any rarer Pokémon?
From eggs, I've gotten; Sandshrew, Charmander, Magmar, Magnemite and 2 Weedle.
Rarer, (who I think is rarer) I've caught: Lapras, Onix, Jigglypuff, Rhyhorn, Jynx, Tangela, Mankey.
Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:23 am
@ Dusty: yea it's really taken the world over xD

oh being in the mountains sounds really nice Smile
The Sunday meet up was nice, but not nearly as productive as it was as the first one we went too lol. but either way, it was really nice, my best thing I got there was a high cp Pikachu. Still looking forward tot he one at the library here though tomorrow. Very Happy

@RinLin: It's always nice to make new friends, we've been doing that a lot lately with the locals that come down to the park near our house. Smile
Been a couple days since we took any gyms out because we ran out of potions, might get some tonight though since I got a fair amount when I was trying to get a good amount of pokéballs the other night before yesterday's event. I'm also on Team Mystic Yes
Oh the best I've gotten from eggs so far, are a couple of Aerodactyls, a scyther, and a Pikachu. also a couple magicarps xD they are a bit harder to get out here in the desert with exception of a few places they spawn often. Other than that though catching, some of the rare ones out here that I got are are, caterpie, sparrow, tangla, charmander, bulbasaur, squirtle, jigglypuff, ivysaur and charmeloen.

We get a lot of fire and ground types out here Yes
Oh and I've almost caught a chansey xD but it ran away from me like twice lol.

What level is everyone on here? I just hit level 24 two days ago Very Happy
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7