83%
 83%  [ 26 ]
Bad
16%
 16%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 31

Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:05 am
    Introduction
      Hello! My name is Fehvy and I've been studying to be a pixelist since January 2010. I love all forms of artwork and pixel art took to my fancy and I just had to learn how to do it. Since I started, it was extremely irritating and I was quite horrible at it, but after so many tutorials, helpful tips and tricks, I think I am not all that bad! I'm not the greatest pixelist in the world (although I kind of wish I were), but I still am learning!

Zantarni Edits
      Listed below are some edits of current items.

Yorick's Wings

Fur and silk dress

Phoenix Gown

Artificial Wings

Peace Dresses

April DI

Zantarni Emotes
      Listed below are the emotes that I have done for Zantarni.

Released
        Ninja Luffles Tasty Zoned Wah! Razzzz eBil Barf Ghost Woop Yawn

Unreleased

Animated Icons
      Listed below are the gem, ticket and coin icons that I have animated.

Suggestions?
      I do go and read the Feedback sub-forum all the time. If you guys would like to make any suggestions, feel free to post it here or private message me. I love to receive feedback!

Last edited by Fehvy on Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:08 am; edited 55 times in total
Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:20 am
Looks good so far, 'cept maybe one eyebrow should be a little lower than the other or like, tilted?

Blackburn Mercenary Co.

Thanks for clicking! ;3
Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:24 am
Yeah, I thought so just after I posted and sat there looking at it. I'm just doing baby steps. I'm really not all that great at pixels, so I'm testing my patients with him, lol. This is 2 day's work for me, har.
Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:25 am
can u make his skin look more rinkled?
My Two Favoritest People EVERR!
<3♥<3♥<3♥<3♥<3♥<3♥<3♥

I'm Really A Guy! :3
Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:28 am
Mystik wrote:

Yeah, that's going to be my next step once I get things settled down. I needed a test subject to try out because I been studying more about how to do pixels, so I decided to use him. I think I may have chosen a difficult one, hehe. But yeah, eventually I'm going to add in wrinkles like it shows of him in the picture.
Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:30 am
Fehvy wrote:
Mystik wrote:

Yeah, that's going to be my next step once I get things settled down. I needed a test subject to try out because I been studying more about how to do pixels, so I decided to use him. I think I may have chosen a difficult one, hehe. But yeah, eventually I'm going to add in wrinkles like it shows of him in the picture.

yeah otherwise he looks like a balding gray haired 45 year old man but in reality im sure hes like 60-70 haha
My Two Favoritest People EVERR!
<3♥<3♥<3♥<3♥<3♥<3♥<3♥

I'm Really A Guy! :3
Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:23 pm
Mystik wrote:
Fehvy wrote:
Mystik wrote:

yeah otherwise he looks like a balding gray haired 45 year old man but in reality im sure hes like 60-70 haha

Ha, yeah. I'm glad that he's looking out decently so far. Thanks for you guy's opinions and suggestions!
I'm also going to be getting his cane in there eventually as well.

Edited: I'm going to put all the updated pictures in the first post from Oldest to Newest to show you guys what I've been working on.
Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:36 pm
I know it would be difficult, but his jaw line should be sharper, more angular. The avatar faces are fairly round, but it just doesn't suit him.

It's looking amazing so far though.
Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:37 pm
Sif Deschain wrote:
I know it would be difficult, but his jaw line should be sharper, more angular. The avatar faces are fairly round, but it just doesn't suit him.

It's looking amazing so far though.

You know, this is weird. My husband was just telling me this before you posted, hehe. I'll add it to the list!
Thanks.
Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:42 pm
Fehvy wrote:

You know, this is weird. My husband was just telling me this before you posted, hehe. I'll add it to the list!
Thanks.

Now that is odd. D: Scary in a funny way. XD

You're quite welcome. I can't wait to see if finished. I love watching artists' progess.
Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:11 pm
Update has been made. Correction for the shading and I have lowered his left eyebrow (right side looking at him).
Cane has been added.
Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:21 pm
Comments: I love the idea of you making an NPC and, by the looks of it, you are doing a phenomenal job! Keep up the great work!

Advice: (what little I can offer that is)

1. Wrinkles -- They seem a little to dark. Maybe go a couple of shades lighter. Because to me, they look kinda like dirt smudges. Adding wrinkles to an avatar is hard work and you did a great job the first time Smile

EDIT: have them going on around the cheek as well, like under the eyes and such.

2. Clothing -- I know that this is a WIP but there needs to be more detail. creases and shading mostly.

3. overall -- I believe you did a great job on getting the dimensions right while making the clothing! Making clothing from scratch can be complicated, depending on the complexity. Just keep up the great work and your little past time could turn into something better! Smile

Aggie, I love you with my whole butt. I'd say "heart," but my butt is bigger.
Heart
Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:17 am
Angelic Goddess wrote:
1. Wrinkles -- They seem a little to dark. Maybe go a couple of shades lighter. Because to me, they look kinda like dirt smudges. Adding wrinkles to an avatar is hard work and you did a great job the first time Smile

EDIT: have them going on around the cheek as well, like under the eyes and such.

Yeah, I thought they were a bit dark myself, but I just have them like that until I can mess with the different color shadings. It just seems like any lighter I go, it blends too well with the skin. I tried working with under the eyes and they don't turn out just well. I'll continue messing with it to see if I can get them.

Angelic Goddess wrote:
2. Clothing -- I know that this is a WIP but there needs to be more detail. creases and shading mostly.

Agreed, I'm not very good at clothing and still working. Only reason why I didn't put a lot of creases into it because it looks smooth while he is wearing it. I'm going to go look at the recent pixel pants to see if I can't learn from those to do my own pants.
Seems to me as if there's something to the shirt that I'm missing as well..

Angelic Goddess wrote:
3. overall -- I believe you did a great job on getting the dimensions right while making the clothing! Making clothing from scratch can be complicated, depending on the complexity. Just keep up the great work and your little past time could turn into something better! Smile

Thanks! Very Happy
I'm also planning on trying to work with the Donation shop owner and the Hairdresser as well. I been wanting to learn how to do pixel art really well and hopefully I can be pretty good.

Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:06 am
This is coming out great so far!

Maybe sometime you'll give him that Dowager's hump he's got? XD

Blackburn Mercenary Co.

Thanks for clicking! ;3
Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:10 am
hum it looks ok but yah the wrinkles look like dirty lol ohh make babies!!!! omg us girls could be parents ahhh lol
Page 1 of 3