Other websites similar to Zantarni
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:30 pm
Hairdressers! XD That was so cute. I never thought of it like that. Probably because if my hairdresser tangled my hair all up like Snowflake did I'd fire them. XD It doesn't help that my hair tangles super easy. The first time I went on a speed boat I didn't know I should completely secure my hair down. Lesson learned! It was so bad. It took like 2 hours to brush out, and I lost quite a bit of hair. Lol

You're so lucky you have a baby to carry around. Chase doesn't like to be carried, and it's just as well since he weighs 46 pounds. I can't carry him for too long. XD It's hard not to worry about our babies. Ever since my last dog died of congestive heart failure I worry about every little thing. I can't handle losing another one anytime soon so I probably overdo it a bit with the worrying.
Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:31 pm
My hair when it was long tangled pretty easily but I didn't want to upset my kitties so I left my hair the way they left it. I'm used to hair falling out since my hair comes out quite often because of stress so I guess that helped me handle tangles better.

Symphony has always been a big baby. Hubs carries her around more since at times it's too much for me. And she weighs no more than 5lbs. >.> He carried her a bit in the house in the cold bag his mom gave him when he went over to her place and got some groceries with her. She just sat there and did nothing. He was so happy. I swear at this rate we are gonna end up with a baby carrier that you put on your chest with a kitty in it just so he can carry her in the house... lol

I handle animals passing differently since I was a kid. My family taught me young to ignore stuff like that so my brain lets me cry on and off for a few mins during one day and then nothing after that day. Not healthy I know but don't know any other way to do it.

Well seems Night thought it was a good idea to not be a sweet innocent kitty anymore yesterday. ; ; My innocent baby girl had her first kitty special time. Damn her! : : She's almost a year old, next month will be and I figured we'd be safe with her since she is a runt and went this long without it. Hubs is stressing with her heart being too much for her to handle this even though she barely has her special moments during the day. I think she is fine (I have too much faith in her). So he's most likely going to try to get her fixed soon because of her lil heart. Which is understandable since Symphony threw up during the end of her special time. I figured it might of been it since she never does that and this is a huge first for her. Ugh kitties are so delicate, poor girls.

Ugh a Eldarya event and it involves playing there games or going through the areas to find somethings. Which cost their currency. I won't be doing that. Oh well. I just hope their event items aren't things that I like alot.

Now to go listen to a kitty who you can barley hear meow normally, barley hear still in her special time. Poor baby girl. But she does love her snuggles with her though during this time, Symphony on the other hand would rather I wasn't in the house during those times.....

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:41 pm
Awww. I don't think Snowflake would have noticed if I brushed my hair. Lol At the rate I'm going I don't think I'm going to have any hair by the time I'm 60. Rolling Eyes

I think a baby carrier would be adorable! XD I've seen people do it with their little dogs.

Everyone grieves in their own way. As long as you're comfortable with it, and you feel like you got it out of your system, I'm sure it's fine. I handle death well unless it's an animal. I haven't had to test this theory yet, but I suspect I won't handle people well either if I'm close to them. Luckily I haven't had that happen yet. I've had grandparents, aunts, and uncles pass away, but I was not close to them. I was just mildly bummed out for a day or two. However, I can go to anyone's funeral and cry. I find them sad, and I may also be feeling everyone else's emotions too. I don't even like to go to funerals because I really don't like to cry in public.

Poor thing. Being a runt was probably why she was late, but it wasn't enough to keep her from having one altogether. If her heart has some issues it may not be safe for her to be put under anesthesia. The vet will be able to tell you whether fixing her would do more harm than good. Hopefully she doesn't have any other stress while she's going through this. It's a good thing she'll let you snuggle her right now. It may help keep her calm.
Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:17 pm
I know I'll have hair by the time I'm 80. Both grandparents that raised me had hair and it was still thick by that age. My grandma even had specks of auburn still in her gray hair. My grandpa had black thrown in his gray hair. I could tell black was his natural color since he's the oldest member of the family with skin color. I took after my grandma who's Norwegian, he's a mix with native american blood in him. Plus growing up I was told I had grandpa's hair. I had to have it thinned out growing up with it being so thick.

lol

I went to one funeral in my life. Hub's aunt. It was weird as heck. Social anxiety and it being my first one was rather odd. Looking at her from a distance creeped me out big time. Found out hubs wanted to leave not just because his claustrophobia was kicking in but he was getting creeped out from it as well.

I should let hubs know that about her not being safe to get fixed. I never thought of her heart having issues during the surgery. Thanks for saying that. My mind hasn't been around too much lately. I think my anemia kicked in. And I also think I should start doing research on it right away. I have a feeling the place we found for low income homes might not care or actually take her heart into consideration. >.> I better start that research right away. I really appreciate you mentioning it Rayven, thank you. *hugs*

Woot one more day til I can finally buy that darn incubator!!

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:39 pm
Wow! You're lucky. There's so many things to worry about it's a shame I have to worry about going bald too. :/ My hair is very fine to begin with anyway.

Yeah they're not pleasant, and most people don't look the same. I did go to one funeral where the lady looked great. It just looked like she was sleeping, but that is not common. I don't know how that even happened. Exceptional makeup artist maybe?

*hugs* You're very welcome Saiyouri. I would hope that they would care. You could go talk to them, and see what they think. You could also evaluate whether or not you think they're taking you seriously. I just thought that I would mention it because it's better safe than sorry. When my Mom went to have surgery they wouldn't do it on her because they discovered she had pulmonary hypertension. After that she went to a cardiologist, but he said hers isn't that bad and that she would have been fine. I hate it when doctors aren't on the same page. It makes you wonder which one actually knows what they're talking about. :/
Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:04 pm
Aww *hugs* I'm sure you could rock a bald head!

Might of been one great makeup artist.

I know all too well how dumb doctors can be. Hubs went in. They had him scheduled for 5 different tests. Gave him a prescription for an acid pill without doing a test to see if he even would benefit from one... Like seriously do your job right. I went to see 3 doctors about my ulcer, with really bad side effects from it. I didn't get something until I had a test done to find out I had one. I swear the doctors he sees are really just trying to rake the insurance company for as much money as possible. I talked to him about his appointment he last had, he canceled the tests and is keeping the one for the doctor to find out why she is going overboard. And to find out that at that appointment the numerous doctors he's seen, never did one put in his chart that he has heart issues....... That is like on of the most important things to mention. I swear degrees are handed out like candy. ; ;

I got the pet and now working on finding the item I need to finish up the chapter. No idea how to do that since I have to do explorations for it. Which rather confuses me. I even got a new pet from the first exploration.... Ugh.

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:04 pm
*hugs* Thanks, but I'm not so sure. XD I guess I'll have to figure something out when the time comes.

I think that was a big part of it. Yes

Ugh! That's so frustrating. I think you're right. They may have the ability to pass all of the tests, but most of them are missing some key qualities. Compassion, good bedside manner, troubleshooting abilities, and lack of greed just to name a few. Honestly, I like and trust the veterinarians at the vets office I go to more than I do most people doctors I've been to. That's sad. I wish I could go to them when I have an issue. XD

Defender of the Realm
Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:45 pm
I have found that I have more confidence in Nurse Practioner's than I do regular MD's. . .they seem to take their work more seriously and actually listen when I describe any problems and schedule tests "before" prescribing unnecessary medications. . .

I am no fan of funerals, although Irish Wakes are something else. . .the only real funeral I remember is from a very long time ago and I remember being told to "kiss" my grandfather good-bye. . .*shivers*, not a very fond memory.

Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:41 pm
I'm getting more and more grateful for my doctor and health care peeps as I read.

Grats on the pet, Saiyouri! And yeah, to finish that, you have to do more wandering around. You can proly find a playthrough on YouTube.

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:45 pm
Sir Scarz I will agree with that. The few "doctors" that I have liked were nurse practitioners.

Sometimes I've felt like it's partly my fault. I wasn't always assertive enough with doctors. I tried to rectify that later with my nurse practitioner. If she suggested I do something, that I knew I'd never do or didn't think was necessary, I would just tell her it probably wasn't going to happen or that I didn't want to. She took it well. XD

Awww. I'm sorry you were made to do that. I imagine that was not pleasant. I've never even been able to make myself touch their hand let alone give them a kiss goodbye. Animals, while very sad, don't bother me to touch. I've never been to an Irish Wake. I think I remember hearing or reading a few things about them years ago. I've forgotten now.

Defender of the Realm
Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:43 am
It was a very unpleasant experience. . .

As to an Irish wake, there is a lot of food and drink and stories about the deceased, good and bad. . .more of a celebration of their life than the solemness of their death.

Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:15 pm
Rayven- HAHA I liked vets more than most doctors. I swear since I moved to Ohio I just refuse to give anyone a chance. I have thought a couple I saw here were good but realized in the end that it wasn't good treatment and they weren't listening to me at all. I just wished more listened.

*hugs*

Sir Scarz- Irish Wakes sound amazing, wished my family did that. I think I wouldn't have as much issues with death if they did that with my great grandma passing. I spent my entire life hating her for abandoning me. Not something a child that grew into an adult should do. I think I finally got over it though. I don't seem to have as much resentment over her anyone, and I always loved her during that entire time.

I had one nurse practitioner, sadly she didn't pay attention to the whole I couldn't eat anything but boiled chicken and potatoes when I had my ulcer, otherwise she wasn't too bad at all. Ohio the one I had I can't speak well of her at all. I swear practically everyone here is just bad.

Tam-There is one video on youtube I found that helps alot. I got the food I needed and now just have to do the running around that you speak of. I have 3 mannaa left.. Ugh it's uneven and I kinda hate it. I just hope after these months I can finally finish the thing.

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:14 pm
Scarz wrote:
As to an Irish wake, there is a lot of food and drink and stories about the deceased, good and bad. . .more of a celebration of their life than the solemness of their death.

That sounds great! That's actually what I want done for me, but on a very small scale. My world is very small. I only have a handful of people that give a darn about me. That's the main reason I don't want a funeral. I don't want a bunch of people that didn't even talk to me while I was alive coming to my funeral, and pretending to care when it's too late. Anyone going to my funeral, besides the handful I mentioned, would only be there to be a looky-loo. I'll pass on that.

Saiyouri-Me too. Not all vets are good though. I hate the ones up here in the city, but the country vets I spoke of are awesome. The ones up here in the city have the same mentality of the people doctors.

How is Night doing? Hopefully she'll be back to herself soon.
Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:30 pm
You can do it, Saiyouri!

Iris wake? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7Bsb-8pxG8

Scarz

Defender of the Realm
Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:37 pm
Our Youtube connection is wonky. . .

The Night Pat Murphy Died - Great Big Sea

Finnegans Wake - The Irish Rovers

an actual Irish Wake under the title "An Irish funeral." and another under the title "Mr. Brightside: A tribute to Ger 'Farmer' Foley"

A celebration of Life. . .I want to go out to a rousing chorus of the Rolling Stones "Sympathy for the Devil"

Page 59 of 66