Old Cartoons
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 5, 6, 7  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Entertainment [Nov.'19]
Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:15 pm
David the Gnome... I couldn't for the life of me remember what it was called! >_< So thanks to those posting before me who listed it, 'cause it was definitely one of my all-time favorites.

Then there's:

The Smurfs
Gargoyles
Tom and Jerry
Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Elmer Fudd, (and later, the entire Loony Toons cast)
Tiny Toons >.>
Animaniacs
Tale's Spin
Garfield
Pink Panther
Biker Mice from Mars (one of my personal favorites of the time)
Rocky and Bullwinkle
Rocko's Modern Life
Captain Planet
Johnny Quest
Where in the World is Carmen Sandiago! (anyone else still remember the song..?)
Inspector Gadget
Popeye
TMNT
Scooby Doo
The Jetsons
The Flinstones
Superman
Batman
Spiderman
JLA
Ren and Stimpy
Doug
Duck Tales

Then there was something with these two kids and Death... Bill and Mindy's Morbid Life? I can't remember what it was called >_<;

And many, many more which totally escape me at the moment.

To all of you wistfully comparing these excellent works of animated art to today's cartoons... I agree. I totally agree. And it's not just the quality of the cartoons in terms of content that's deteriorated, the animation itself has suffered too, imo.

*sigh*
Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:50 pm
I myself am Old School, mine ranges from Doug, Ren and Stimpy, Rocko, Super Mario Bros Super Show, Alvin and The Chipmunks, TMNT, Captain Planet, David The Gnome, and much..much more Cool
Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:52 pm
Gah, the person above me listed most of what I was going to say >_<

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes
Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego
EEK! the Cat
Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers
My Little Ponies
CareBears

My favorites were Inspector Gadget, David the Gnome and Doug. <3

Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:49 am
Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
I don't watch it myself in truth but I know the name

Yes, today cartoons... I mean there's some good ones. Transformers: Animated. Sure the animations style was different but it wasn't BAD and it had a STORY

Secret Saturdays. Done, specifically in the spirit of the old 60s action cartoons like Johny Quest. The animation is tops, the voices aren't annoying, the jokes are funny.

Huntik. an Itallian cartoon dubbed for CW4Kids. Also another one with good animation and story. The only reason I wake up before noon now that TF:A is finished and Secret Saturdays' season is over.

Wolverine and the X-men is also a good cartoon

Sadly, it doesn't seem cartoons like this are given a real chance, as CN ran through the first and second seasons of TF:A and had us wait almost a year for season 3. Secret Saturdays only had the first 8 eps replayed forever, and then because of the summer, they were kicked off Friday nights for.. well Crud.

oh, speaking of Fridays. Batman: Brave and the Bold. Funny. Kind of the over-the-top, super-plans for everything "I'm the damn batman" type... with a 60s Superfriends animated camp... but in a good way. It just works.

Please poke the egg ^^;
Thank you *bow*
Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:12 am
all the cartoons you have listed are good but there are the black and white classics that are never shown anymore or if shown have been so edited that thye might as well not even show them. Betty Boop, Popeye Woody Woodpecker as well as the first Mickey Mouse ones. Then there's Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Wally the Walrus. And so many others I used to watch growing up.
Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:06 am
Little Lulu.
Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:13 am
My favortie old caroons are the Betty Boop ones I always liked her, I have been collecting them whenever I come across them in dvd form.
Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:06 am
I love the really old cartoons the black and white mickey mouse ones and the ones with goofy doing all kinds of crazy things like the excersise ones..

I loved the old smurfs cartoon I watched it all the time growing up.. I see it now ever so often.. I loved handy smurf and papa smurf and little smurf ett.. I have the little figures from when I was younger too.

I watched rainbow brite growing up and loved those little furry things I cant think of their names now.. And she rode on a white horse with them.. And the mean little grey hairy thing.. lol.

Thunder Cats was a good one along with, HeMan Masters of the Universe.. Jem and the ROCKERS! I had a Jem doll her little ear rings would glow.. when you flipped the switch on her back.. with the pink hair.. I think she played music.. I had the little dance stage where you sit her on it and move a switch back and forth for her to move like she was dancing lol.

And Woody Woodpecker show was a favorite.. I remember watching it in the mornings before school or if our busses ran early and we didn't want to eat in the breakfast we could watch cartoons.. I always went for the cartoons.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:25 pm
Freakazoid, The original Pokemon, Dexter's Laboratory, Johnny Bravo, Cow and Chicken, I Am Weasel, Time Squad, The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, Megas XLR, Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends, Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi, Squirrel Boy, Aaahh!!! Real Monsters, The Angry Beavers, Catscratch, Catdog, Mr. Meaty, KaBlam!, Animaniacs, All That, The Amanda Show.

It's a very long list of shows, I miss them all Crying or Very sad
Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:52 am
God, so many good shows gone. Loved watching rugrats, Dexter's Laboratory, Animaniacs, Loony Toons, and so many others.

Does anyone remember the show Legend of the Hidden Temple? I always wanted to be on that show growing up.
Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:51 pm
Doug, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Recess, Arthur (yes, everybody watched the aardvark), Pepper Ann, Little Lulu (remakes on HBO Family), Crashbox, and Histeria.
Tue May 24, 2011 8:08 pm
Good gracious! So many! Here is my contribution~

Sailor Moon (It was a cartoon in my eyes...)
Ren and Stimpy
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Inspector Gadget
Grim Adventures of Bill and Mindy
Superman
Batman
Doug
Powerpuff Girls
Tom and Jerry
Animaniacs
My Little Ponies
Care Bears
Woody Woodpecker
Little Lulu
HiHi Puffy AmiYumi
Dexter's Laboratory
Bugs Bunny and Tweety Show
Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:35 pm
Sam & Max. Absolutely!
Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:23 am
Ren and Stimpy, definitely. I barely ever see it because it aired pretty early in my generation and I wasn't born. But I wish it was still on! I also love the Loony Tunes, but you can't see them except on Boomerang - that Cartoon Network faux - and no one has that channel anymore. Not everyone has Disney Channel and are busy watching Phineas and Ferb which is a ridiculous show with a ridiculous concept and frankly, it's getting kind of boring because you can always tell what's going to happen.
Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:28 am
The old ones that I don't see any more are Archie and the gang. Broom Hilda, Flintstones, the spin off with pebbles and Bam Bam. the Jetsons,
Page 6 of 7