New to Zan
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Andra

Pixelist
Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:09 pm
Hello everyone!
I’m not new to avatar sites, but I somehow never discovered this one over the years. So when I found out I’d completely missed an avatar site, I had to come check it out!
I’m still getting used to everything, but happy to be here and meet everyone!

I’m 30-something. No pronoun preference. From Chicagoland area.
I love art and doing crafts. I like anime, video games, tv/movies, reading (fiction). I collect stuffed animals and recently got back into Pokémon cards. … idk, feel free to ask me anything

Last edited by Andra on Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:26 pm
Welcome to Zantarni, Andra! I'm glad you found us! Please do not hesitate to ask questions, if you have them. We're very friendly... if a bit quiet sometimes Yes
UtterlyWeird

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:28 am
Andra, do you have the patience to live in a very quiet neighbourhood without trying to make it busy? Zan's pretty quiet, but still alive. Many people have come over the years with the thought of making it busy again, but they don't usually stay very long.

Oh, and I'm Tam. I'm strange, but harmless. Also old. My avatar character is UtterlyWeird, and she's strange but harmless too. LOL

I have dolls. For me, stuffed animals, action figures, game avatars, and pokemon cards all count as dolls (my friend who loves pokemon counts her cards that way, which is where I got it from).

Forgive me for the babbling. I got a tooth filled today, and might still be slightly numb in the brain. (excuse. I think I babble anyway)

Chrysothemis

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:42 am
>Pokemon Cards

My condolences to your wallet. My boyfriend dabbled in Pokemon before rejoining Yu-Gi-Oh, and oh boy, looking at the deck lists made my eyes cross...

But hey, welcome to Zan! I hope you enjoy it here. ^^ And if you ever see a Chrysothemis on another site, it's probably me, so feel free to give a wave!

Pixelist
Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:05 am
Just found the button for watching threads... XD

Thanks Blazestorm! I spent a lot of the day getting used to everything. I even have some exp. lol
I think this is going to be fun. Wink

Hello Tam. I'd love to find a quiet community. I usually post with my phone while I'm at work, so I get lost if the site is too quick. Zan might be just my speed.
I have a few actual dolls, but not very many. Mostly stuffed things because I like hugging them, or sitting on them. XD
I'm afraid I'm really terrible at remembering names so please don't take it personally if I forget yours. >.<

Hello Chrysothemis! I collect pokemon cards, but only because I think they're cute. I'm making a rainbow of them on my wall, because I don't play the game so I'm trying to think what to do with them.
Meldrick the Elder

Knight of Zantarni
Zantarni NPC
Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:10 am
The wizened old elf smiles as rises from his perch on the low, stone wall, his movements belied the fact that he was blind as he introduces himself.

"Hello and welcome to Zantarni, I am Meldrick the Elder, I am sorry I wasn't hear to greet you when you first posted as I was away visiting my friend Jayde, the Keeper of the Temple. . .I hope you take the time to read "The Rules of Zantarni", and The Zandex, which contains a lot of useful information."

"It is always good to 'see' new faces and to find out how they found there way here. I hope you enjoy your stay here in in the fair lands of Zantarni, Sir Andra.

Sit back and I'll tell you tales of Faeries and dragons.
Andra

Pixelist
Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:15 pm
Andra smiles warmly.
“Thank you very much for the wonderful welcome Meldrick the Elder. Rest assured I will read carefully over the provided material, and thank you greatly for sharing it. I’m delighted to have found my way to Zantarni, and am already making new friends it seems. I look forward to hearing from you again.”
UtterlyWeird

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:55 am
Yes. The thread watching button is important! LOL

I get lost in busy forums even on the computer.

LOL I count stuffies as dolls too. Wow. You have some big ones, huh? (going by the sitting on them comment, LOL) That's alright. I'm not great with names either. Would telling you I often go by Tam I am help?

Amurita

Knight of Zantarni
Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:39 am
Welcome to Zantarni Andra!

As others have already mentioned, we are a quiet place but a pretty friendly bunch. I'm sure you'll find a lot of people with similar interests (I mean, who doesn't like Pokemon, right Wink ), so feel free to jump into any of the threads and say hello Very Happy

Pixelist
Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:01 am
Tam, I think the thing that will help me remember best, it that your name is in your signature. I just have to remember to look. XD
Usually I just call people by some variation of their username because I see it so often it becomes the thing I associate most strongly with them. Sometimes avatar if they keep the same one or have a distinct style I can recognize. But since everything except usernames seem to change on avi sites, that’s the thing I look at most.

Hello Amurita. Wonderful to meet you!
I honestly get busy pretty often so I’m not a very active poster. But I really like it here already! Everyone has been extremely nice. ^^
I’m getting a little too into Pokémon lately, I spent all my spare money on a Pokémon Center order. >.<
UtterlyWeird

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:21 am
LOL Well, I admit I don't like pokemon.

But I don't not like them either, and if I were ever able to find the block set that makes ponyta I'd be screaming, because, PONY. I've got the tiny plush ... is it Galardin ponyta? The new fairy one. It sold out so fast that the tiny clip one was all I could get. LOL I named him Bill.

Anastasia

Creative Type
Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:31 pm
Greetings Andra! How has your first week here been? Is there anything you want to know that you haven't found an answer to yet? Is there anything that you'd like to see here in the future?

My name's Ana and I am one of the resident (returning olbie) lurkers, though I am available for chaos for the asking. Wink

Welcome!
Amurita

Knight of Zantarni
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:16 am
@Andra: No worries, I know a lot of us have been busy lately. The good thing with having a quieter site is that there isn't that much pressure to keep up with conversations.

Oh really, I've heard of pokemon centres in Japan and stuff but am not super familiar with them. What did you order if you don't mind me asking?

@Tam: :O

Hahah, it's ok. I grew up as a pokemon kid so they are very nostalgic for me, but when I talk to my nephew about new pokemon nowadays, there are just too much to keep up with. I have seen the new Galarian (?) ponyta and it is very cute. Pokemon has always been good at creating some super cute monsters.

Pixelist
Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:27 am
Tam: that sounds adorable though!
I love Bill! OnO

Thank you Ana! I’ve had a great first week. It’s been delightful to meet everyone. (I think literally everyone lol) So far I think I found everything I need to know in the FAQ, but I’ll ask if anything comes up. ^^

Amurita, I have social anxiety and sometimes if there is too much activity on a website I feel pressured to post and it makes me have anxiety about posting. I think a slower site will help with that and I’ll be generally more at ease. Avatar forums have actually helped me a lot with my social anxiety. It’s easier to talk through text when I can read it over 8 times before sending it.
I ordered a bunch of Pokémon plushies! Plushies are my comfort items, they make me happy

Knight of Zantarni
Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:31 am
Oh, I know exactly what you mean about the social anxiety. I prefer forums too, since you can take your time and review what you type. Talking/texting in real time can be a bit too much for me.

And oh, nice! Plushies, esp pokemon ones are always nice and cute.
Page 1 of 2