NaNoWriMo 2017
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Wordsmith's Nook [Nov.'19]
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:26 pm
National Novel Writing Month is almost here!
50k words in 30 days! Who else is participating?!
You can also make your own goal instead of the 50k; I did that one year when school was kicking my butt.

For all you fellow writers out there:

When you make a character, do you make a bio or profile sheet to keep track of their personalities and quirks?

What drives your antagonist? What is his or her ultimate goal?

Tell me about your favorite character that you've created.

Have you ever done NaNoWriMo before?

How do you combat writer's block?

Are there any songs or other music that you use for inspiration?

Do any of your characters have theme songs?

Anything story writing related!
Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:14 pm
I've been doing Nanowrimo this month and find my novel almost done already. It seems short. :/ Must find a new project to do as well so I can write 50k.

I do use a profile sheet for all my characters for novels and rps. Even if I don't have something at the start, I feel uncommitted if I don't eventually make one. I'd hate to forget my ideas later.

My current story doesn't have a true antagonist which is why it is probably so short. If anything, the two main guys of my romance are each others antagonist as they don't know how to properly be lovers.

Favorite character? I can't even. Just...there's too much!! *flails on the floor*

I have been doing nano in november since 2009 and started doing the camps in april and july a few years after that. I've done probably around 20 projects???

I combat writers block by...crying. *shot* Ah, really I try to goad rp partners and people who have read my stuff to say I'm awesome so I feel less bummed. Mostly my block comes from my own unease than lack of inspiration.
This month has been hitting me hard. I'd love to hear other people's ways of recovering their interest in writing something~

~~LINK~~
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:40 pm
Another NaNoWriMo successfully completed!
Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:16 pm
awww, you succeeded? I forewent a farewell drinking party with my friends in order to write last night, but I slacked too much ever since I finished my story a week early so I wasn't able to reach 50k. I only got to 46k or something.

~~LINK~~
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:14 pm
That's still really good though Yes
Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:57 pm
Yeah and I'm glad I finished both my main project and the short story that's part of the same universe I started on October. I even started the second novel for the series. It's just the first time in november I haven't reached 50k.

~~LINK~~
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:50 pm
When I was in nursing school, I didn't have time to do a full NaNo, so that year I made a 10k. I think is awesome just to write stories, so any progress is a win for me Very Happy I'm hoping to get this one published at some point in my life. I just need to finish it.
Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:43 pm
haha yeah. I've done smaller goals during April and July, but my life has never been so busy I couldn't write 50k. I've done writing without a project when I was tight on time so I didn't have to think so much. My stories from this month will definitely have to get edited a lot, but I could probably publish them.

Have you published anything before?

~~LINK~~
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:08 pm
*lost track of the thread* O.o

Nope, not yet. When I first started writing this story, it wasn't much, but I kept working on it and I got the thought into my head. It seems doable to me Very Happy
Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:36 pm
lol.

I would really like to publish. I've got a short story I'll be ready to send in to the Writers of the Future contest soon. I've been editing it for a while.

~~LINK~~
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:53 pm
The only think I'm not looking forward to, is that I'll have to write a sequel. I left the first book off with a big cliff hanger. I don't really have a full idea for a second book yet :/
Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:46 pm
Ooh, that is troublesome, but you'll have time to figure that out while you're trying to publish?

I don't have that problem since I have a lot of complete material that just isn't publish ready. I should work on that lol...

~~LINK~~
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:38 am
I'm sure inspiration will hit me at some point. Since the first one isn't even finished yet, I probably shouldn't stress about the second one.

Do you use any kind of writing software? Or do you just use Word?
Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:21 pm
That's true. Take stuff in order before ya stress.

I've started using Scrivener, but mostly I just use a regular word processor. My last nano piece was my first time using Scrivener.

~~LINK~~
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Wordsmith's Nook [Nov.'19] All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1