Metal Mines
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Archived Threads
the thespian

Knight of Zantarni
Zantarni NPC
Role:
Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:06 am
[Metal Mines]
You feel a bit disoriented after you step through the portal. You reach out to grab onto something to steady yourself and feel your hand grab onto the cold smooth wall.

Suddenly you hear a loud rumbling bang that makes you jump.

“Where was that?!” You exclaim after you pull yourself together.

“Look and see!” The Leprechaun says gleefully as he points to the valley below.

You see several people dressed in black with either silver or golden highlights. You hear a smaller bang this time as a man lifts a huge mallet and tempers the metal on his forge. Then the loud crash you heard earlier happens again when another man shoots what looks like lightning into a forge.

You back away slowly.

"Impressive, ain't it?"

You nod and then brace yourself. "I guess I should ask them if they've seen any centaurs around here."

The Leprechaun raises his hand to stop you. "I dun think that will be necessary." He motions to the wall you grabbed on earlier and you see that it opens to a shaft leading downwards.

“A mine? So that’s why you said it would be dark.” You take a few steps toward the opening and grab the torch that is hanging in the sconce. “Let’s get going then.”

“You go on ahead,” the Leprechaun replies, “I’m sure ya can handle this one one yer own.”

You raise an eyebrow at the Leprechaun’s suggestion. “Afraid the centaur will be mad at you?”

The Leprechaun chuckles in reply. “That and I have other things I need to take care of. Dun worry, I’ll keep an eye on you.”

In a blink of an eye, the leprechaun disappears. You’re a bit startled, but you do know leprechauns are magical creatures so you aren’t too surprised. You reach into your pocket and tightly grasp the clover within it. As long as you still have this, the leprechaun will still have to go through with this deal.

You slowly enter the mine, careful not to trip on the rubble and stray tools that litter the ground. It seemed like this mine had not seen much activity for a while. As you walk deeper into the mines, you begin to hear something faint. As you strain to hear the sound gets louder and louder as you wonder just where it is coming from. The acoustics down here make the slightest sound echo all around you. Holding your torch up, you begin to sway it back and forth as you slowly turn around and try to see where this sound is coming from. As you back up, you bump into something soft.

“Oh!” It exclaims.

You quickly turn around to see a petite female centaur before you. You let out a sigh of relief. “Are you one of Ulixon’s friends?”

“I lost it!” she exclaims, as she frantically looks back and forth. “How could I lose it? Where could it be?”

“What did you lose?”

“It’s so important. I knew I couldn’t lose it. How can I go back without it?”

“Calm down…” you say as you carefully put a hand on her shoulder. “Concentrate only on my voice. Can you tell me what your name is?”

You can feel the centaur trembling, but as she begins to concentrate, she begins to be calm down. “M-my name? What is my…no, wait, I remember! It’s Aystral! That’s who I am…and I came here to…why am I here?”

“To help the people of the hoof?”

“...yes…yes, that! We needed ores...metal to help repair our weapons and armor.” Aystral moves toward a pile of ores nearby, but then pauses. “But there’s something else! I was supposed to…it told me, it told me that I had to keep it to remember, but I forgot anyway. How could I lose it?!”

“It’s okay Aystral. I’ll help you find it.”

“You will?”

You nod and give her a reassuring smile. “So where was the last place you remember seeing it?”

“I-I know I had it when I arrived. Then I started digging…did I lose it back there? Or was it ahead? No, it must be around here!”

You try to keep the centaur calm, as you carefully help her pick through the ores.

the thespian

Knight of Zantarni
Zantarni NPC
Role:
Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:06 am

When you finally find the token, you place it in Aystral’s hands. The girl suddenly calms down and seems to brighten.

“I remember now…” she says, “we wanted to help our people. We needed food, but we also need to repair our broken weapons and armor. Ulixor lead us. That is, Olivor and I. He had always been so brave.
When we found the tiny fae, he said he could help us. Olivor went to find food, and then I went for the ores. The fae, it warned us not to forget, not to lose anything. But I forgot anyways. I’m glad you found me when you did.”

You reach for the clover in your pocket and show it to her. “Does this look familiar to you?”

Aystral seemed confused. “That is a common clover, is it not? My memory is good enough to recognize that.”

“Well, yes it is but…the Leprechaun, the fae creature you saw. Did it have any interest in clovers?”

“I think it had a clover on its hat? As an accessory, maybe? I am not sure.”

You smile. “That’s fine, don’t worry about it. Why don’t we head back now.”

Aystral gently touches your wrist. “Before we go, can we-”

“-gather ores?” you finish.

Aystral nods.

“I thought you’d say that.” You look at the ores scattered around the abandoned mine and think of how happy the dwarves of Caernaur would be to see this metal mine.

-Go back to the portal-
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Archived Threads All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1