Meh - I'm tired of this theme
25%
 25%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 12

Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:56 pm

Well hello once more, everyone!

Another month has come and gone, and once more it's time to introduce Zantarni's limited-edition item sets (DIs), including the last of our astrologically themed item sets - Taurus!

So, without further ado, please "meet"...

Arrow Green Taurus

Taurus Green Belt
      Taurus Green Horns
      Taurus Green Tail
      Taurus Green Top
      Taurus Green Wings
      Taurus Green Wrap

Arrow Brown Taurus

Taurus Brown Belt
      Taurus Brown Horns
      Taurus Brown Tail
      Taurus Brown Top
      Taurus Brown Wings
      Taurus Brown Wrap

Arrow Unicorn Horns

Moon Unicorn Horn
      Dark Unicorn Horn
      Pale Unicorn Horn
      Green Unicorn Horn
      Tan Unicorn Horn

So tell me - did you enjoy having a theme that spanned several months? Is there something you'd like to see us do along these lines going forward? We are currently discussing options in the Staff Room - to continue with a multi-month theme, whether or not to have a theme but perhaps make it seasonal or quarterly instead of annual, what theme or themes to pursue... so if you have an idea, or something that you'd like to see, now would be a pretty good time to chime in! Wink

Oh - don't forget to visit the Gem Shop before running to the DI Shop to get this month's items ... the two Taurus sets and the Unicorn horns! Yes

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:21 pm
I enjoyed the theme very much. I could go either way with continuing themes or not.

I'm still hoping for a Día de los Muertos DI set/theme XD
Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:46 pm
Themes are good. I just wasn't interested in this one because I don't do horoscope.

Anybody got a green or tan unicorn horn to sell for Zg?

bohemian

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:55 pm
Hit up Sir Scarz in his shop Weird.

I think a little Taurus pet would have gone well with the set.
Rayven: *gets hit in the face with some underwear* Wow Bo sure likes to get naked! XD
7675/10000
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:42 pm
I think if we have themes they should only be quarterly at most. Themes don't leave much room for variety. I do think a monthly theme for the sets is good. I don't really have any ideas at the moment other than the ones I posted in the suggestion thread.
Tue May 01, 2018 2:35 am
It was interesting giving a zodiac theme a spin. Did we finish the whole year worth? I am not quite sure, and we should if we didn't.

It can be nice to explore a larger interconnected theme or set now and then. Things can be predictable if it is done too much, though.

Tue May 01, 2018 9:28 am
I still wanna see June theme sets am sorry I love this theme there a great idea. But the 3rd set always be a bit different like you did here with horns.

Queen of the Realm
Tue May 01, 2018 12:26 pm
Thanks for the feedback guys. I tend to agree that the themes can be both fun, but limiting and/or predictable, and am personally leaning towards the quarterly/seasonal themes, if we continue with them. Is there anything along these lines that you'd like to see? (and yes, we'll take another look at the item suggestion thread again)

Yes, we have made it a full year through the astrological themes... we started last June with the "Pearled" and "Treasured" sets {DI announcement}, followed by the "Ruby" and "Crab" sets {announcement} in July, and all the others after that. In some ways, it went by rather quickly, didn't it?

Dedicated Citizen
Tue May 01, 2018 4:06 pm
I guess it did in a way. It took me a little while to even realize there was a theme. XD

I forgot to say that I like Riley's idea. Yes

Hmmmm...ideas. It's a little bit hard to give ideas sometimes because of the whole fantasy/medieval site theme. Don't get me wrong, I love fantasy and medieval. Medieval doesn't leave much room for interpretation though, but fantasy does. I personally think anything we do is fantasy because we dress up pixel dolls and consider them to be a pixel version of ourselves. XD Anyway, not all of these may fit into what the staff envisions for the site, but I'm just going to throw them out there.

Box of crayons. Maybe focus on one color at a time, or even incorporate crayons if it's not a copyright issue.

Moments in time. We already do this to a certain degree, but I thought maybe we could start at like cavemen and work our way up. We could even do different time periods in different cultures.

Flower garden. Different flowers incorporated into clothing, pets, etc.

Hobbies. Reading, writing, painting, etc.

Music. Musical note backgrounds and pets, flutes, harps, etc. We could pretend to be a bard.

A day in the life of a Zantarnian. Waking up, breakfast, lunch, dinner, bedtime, bath time, etc. For bath time we could have a robe or a towel around us, a towel on top of our heads, and a rubber ducky.

That's all I have for now. My brain hurts. XD

Queen of the Realm
Tue May 01, 2018 4:51 pm
Rayven wrote:
My brain hurts. XD

I'm not surprised - that's quite the list of good suggestions, Rayven! Yes XD

Dedicated Citizen
Tue May 01, 2018 8:33 pm
Thanks Queen Blaze. I had just woke up too. Usually my brain doesn't even start to function until after lunch. XD

The truth is I just love Zan. Sure, I have preferences just like everybody else, but even if I'm not particularly interested in a certain set/theme I appreciate the fact that somebody made them for us. I have no doubt it's hard work. Yes Good people, good clothes. What more could we ask for?! Very Happy

Dedicated Citizen
Sat May 05, 2018 4:17 am
I take it these aren't in the fitting room yet? Ninja

Also, I really like the colour theme idea. Focus on a certain colour, say green, and if you want to go with 3 sets, 3 different shades of green, either with similar items or different items completely. Give the artists a bit of freedom of design kinda thing. If that makes sense. Yes

And I kinda disagree about medieval not leaving much room for interpretation, you can focus on a specific period/location's fashion. Tudor fashion, Edwardian fashion, Elizabethan fashion...and yes, I know those are English periods, I just can't think of/know what other countries time periods are referred to lol.
Rayven: *gets hit in the face with some underwear* Wow Bo sure likes to get naked! XD
7675/10000
Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Sat May 05, 2018 12:32 pm
bohemian wrote:
I take it these aren't in the fitting room yet? Ninja

...ummm... check again.Ninja

LOL - they're there now. Sorry about that! I tend to get a little distracted doing all the stuff that needs doing when the DIs are released and don't often remember to go back and make sure everything is also available in the Fitting Room. One of the Knights usually runs around after me on DI day Embarassed, making sure that you guys can see and try everything on. Yes

All the new shinies are available in the Fitting Room now...

Dedicated Citizen
Sat May 05, 2018 2:47 pm
It's ok Queen Blaze. We know you have a lot on your brain. XD

Dedicated Citizen
Mon May 07, 2018 12:35 am
Lol I saw you online not long before you posted and knew you were on it already Blaze. Yes

It's very rare for me not to have checked them out in the fitting room almost as soon as they are out. But someone did have to check to make sure the Knights are doing their job. I guess now they are in for an extended stay in the dungeons. Laughing XD
7675/10000
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Back to Forum -> The City Hall All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2