Lyht+Pheonix 1x1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> 1x1 RPs [Nov.'19]
Sun May 16, 2010 6:16 pm
((Haha, I've done that many times myself^^;))

Phoenix looked ahead of her. There were many bushes, as if they were blocking off something. Phoenix looked around, to see if anything was near to see this, but it was only her brother and her. "What's this?" Phoenix said outloud, walking up to the tall wall of bushes. She could see berries growing from their limbs, but she didn't care about that now. She wanted to know what was behind that wall. She could hear water falling from behind it, and she felt a sort of coolness coming from it. "What do you think is behind this?" Phoenix asked, trying to find a niche in the bushes to sneek a peek of what's behind them. Finally she found a nice whole to peek through. She looked through, and was surprised to see what she saw. She saw a huge mountain of rock and water, the water fall down it in a huge streaming blanket. The water landed in a pond around the mountain. Phoenix looked back at her brother. "Zephyr, you have to see this!" She said, scooting over to the side to let her brother see through the hole.

Mon May 17, 2010 5:35 pm
{{~*Ooh, I love your avatar. ow o*~}}

Coming to a stop beside his sister, Zephyr only shrugged in reply. There was a slight difference in the air there, which was refreshing. He felt like he could breathe a little better, at least.
"Hm..." Zephyr hummed slightly as she looked through. Head tilted to the side slightly in curiosity, he stepped forward to take a look. Just getting his face that close felt nice, the air obviously a good bit cooler on the other side of the wall. It took a good deal of self-control to resist ripping open the hole a little more and jumping through. The pond especially was inviting. The thought of nice, cool water against every part of his skin made him shiver a little bit.
"Do you think we can get through it...?" He wondered aloud. It seemed to just be made up of leaves and thin branches, but there was always the possibility of some other kind of fence or something as well. Even the risk of thorns in the bushes was enough to make him hesitate. For that reason at least, he figured they should cut open a door in it with their weapons rather than push through with their arms.
Mon May 17, 2010 8:52 pm
Phoenix was now gripping her sword. It was gleaming silver, the handle also gleaming silver with green emeralds embedded into it. Phoenix started hacking away at the bushes, slashing away at it's leaves and limbs... Her weapon was nice, long, and thin. It was nice and balanced for herself, because it was made for her. The village blacksmiths are wonderful at making weapons. It wasn't a cheap sword. But their inheritance with their parents paid for it. They were a rich family, but now it was no more.
Hacking away at the bush made her realize that she herself was doing little damage. She wasn't really a strong opponent. She was more quick; agile; defensive. She was very quick on her toes, but when it came to strength, she would fail quickly. But that's why her brother was there. One of them alone was weak and fragile, but when they were together they were unstoppable.

Tue May 18, 2010 11:32 am
Watching her closely, Zephyr grimaced a little at the way she went at it. Sometimes he had to remind himself that Phoenix was stronger than she looked. She didn't need her brother protecting her from every little thing like he wanted to do.
Slowly pulling his own sword out of its sheath, he stepped toward the wall of leaves slowly. At first he left his sword by his side as he contemplated exactly how he should approach it. His sword was long and flat, and fairly heavy, so it would be suitable for this job. He was a fairly balanced sort of fighter, though his style leaned more toward strength and speed than agility or tactics. He had yet to put it to the test on a real battlefield, but even just in friendly sparring, he was fairly reckless. Of course, that also had something to do with how intensely he hated to lose.
Careful about the angle he held his sword at as to not accidentally hit his sister, Zephyr took a few, slow swings at the plants. The brush had obviously had a good deal of time to grow and get tangled up in itself, so getting through was something of a challenge, even for his powerful blade. The fact that Phoenix had already given it some damage helped though. Now all he really had to worry about is if there was anything on the other side that they couldn't see through the hole.
Wed May 19, 2010 3:01 am
Finally, together, Phoenix and Zephyr saw the other side of the bush. There was nothing behind the bush, nothing but the sounds and the sights of the waterfall. Phoenix stepped through the hole, quickly sheething her sword, and stared at awe at the magnificence of the waterfall. It was very tall, very big. She'd never had known this was in the rainforest if she hadn't have gone on this adventure. It was all, truly beautiful.
"Wow..." She said, looking from the top of the waterfall to the bottom of the waterfall, which ended in a round pond around it. Some species of flowers and plants grew along side this pond. They'd obviously been growing for a long, long time, because there were a lot of them and they were very tall and full-grown.
Phoenix smiled. "This is amasing!" She said in awe, stepping towards the pond.

Thu May 20, 2010 1:27 pm
Keeping his eyes locked on the wall--or the hole, now--Zephyr held his sword lower, but didn't put it away yet. The place certainly was quite incredible, and he wasn't even really sure how to react. It seemed peaceful enough.
"Yeah..." He breathed, stepping in after her and slowly putting his sword away. However, he kept his hand on it, not completely comfortable just yet. The air certainly felt better though, the water from the falls spraying into the air to create a refreshing mist. The rest of the place had been fairly wet too, but here it was wet and cool instead of muggy and hot.
Following her towards the edge of the water, Zephyr scanned his surroundings with his eyes, taking in every detail of the place. There weren't many apparent ways to get in or out of there except for the door that they had made. It was also possible that there were ways hidden behind the foliage that they couldn't see though. It looked rather untouched by humanity, unless there were people very much comfortable with nature and intent on not disturbing it.
"Kinda weird, huh? This place hidden back in here..." He said as he let his gaze drop down to the water. It looked rather cool and inviting, so blue and clear like that.
Sat May 22, 2010 4:58 pm
Phoenix suddenly got a bad idea. "I think we should get out of here..." Phoenix started, listening to the sounds of the forest. She could sense something, danger, near the water. Phoenix started for the water. She had her hand on the hilt of her sword, ready to take it out at any moment. This place seemed so peaceful, yet, it seemed like there was something more. And, there was a deadly silence, except for the waterfall. What could happen? Phoenix looked down into the water. She could see her reflection in the clear blue water.
Nothing happened. But, something had to happen. It was strange for something not to happen. She looked at the waterfall, then back at the pond. A ripple or two more, and something stirred in the water. Phoenix's eyes widened. What should she do? Should she get away from the pond, or stay where she was at? But she couldn't move anyways. She was frozen in place, looking at the water. What was in there?

((I was thinking that a huge monster was in the water... your turn to make up something :D))

Sun May 23, 2010 4:49 pm
{{~*xP Alright, I shall tryy...*~}}

Looking over at his sister, Zephyr frowned deeply. She looked a little pale, and he couldn't help but feel like this place was a little too nice himself.
"Yeah... maybe we should..." He said slowly, putting his hand on her shoulder and pushing her away from the pool as he noticed the unnatural movements of the waves. There was something in there, and he was fairly certain that it wasn't just a little fish...
The wake grew closer and closer to the edge, but by the time he thought to get away, it was too late. A slimy, black, webbed hand shot out from under the surface, grabbing onto his ankle. It gave a sharp tug, making him slip hard onto the ground on his butt. It started to pull him into the water, but by now he was thinking clear enough to react. With one, swift movement, he pulled his sword out and swung it by his foot, clipping the hand cleanly. The skin of it was evidently rather hard, since it didn't seem to cut into the flesh at all. It did make it let go though, allowing Zephyr the chance to wiggle away.
However, by the time he'd done this, another hand had slipped out of the pond, similar to the first except in colour; this one was bright red. It seemed a little lost in direction at first, but a split second later, it locked onto Phoenix's leg. Again, it gave a hard tug in attempt to pull its victim under the clear water.

{{~*They're like... evil merpeople. XD Way cooler than a kraken in my book.
There's two of them, so you can control one of them if you want. Doesn't matter. ^^ If you do, feel free to make up the gender of it. We could have them able to come out of the water too maybe, though not for far since their lack of legs would obviously be problematic. >,>*~}}
Sun May 23, 2010 5:07 pm
((Alrighty then :D))

Phoenix watched as her brother made no mark on the hand that almost succeeded in draging him under, and watched him free himself. Phoenix felt a hard tug on her leg, and she fell over. She screamed, the hand tugging her ever so closer to the pond. She quickly got out her sword and swung at the hand. Of course, she wasn't as strong as her brother though. All it did was stop pulling her in for a few seconds, and start pulling her in again. Curse her lack of strength. Phoenix swiped again at the hand, but it did the same thing. She swung again, and again, and by the time the hand became looser she was almost into the water. She wiggled free of the hand's grip, and backed up quickly next to her brother, hurriedly getting up onto her feet.
Suddenly, the bodies of the evil dooers came up from the water. They were both obviously girls. They had a pretty face, long blonde hair, and light gray-ish eyes. They were both skinny, you could practially see their ribs. They were very pretty indeed, they'd make any boy running. Infact... these things... she thought she heard a story about them... Oh yeah, weren't these things called "Water Nymphs"? They tried to lure people into the water, either by force or looks. But it wasn't enough to penetrate Phoenix, because she was a girl. But she had no idea what they would do to Zephyr...

((Tudah! :D
How's that? xD))

Sun May 23, 2010 5:44 pm
{{~*That's great~ ;D*~}}

Gripping his sword with both hands now, Zephyr jumped to his feet quickly. He looked around quickly, a little dizzy and not sure what to do now. Once he realized that Phoenix was in trouble too, he started to lunge towards her, but by the time he reacted, she had already dealt with it herself.
Grabbing Phoenix's arm firmly, he pulled her away from the pond and almost started running. Before he could, he heard some different sort of splashing though, and his head snapped up in time to see the slightly-scaley females in the water. At first, he hesitated purely from curiosity, but then something snapped in him.
Obviously a mistake, he looked right into the eyes of one of them. It had only been a glance, but once his eyes were on hers, he couldn't pull them away. He himself hardly even knew what was happening, but her grey eyes had him under their spell. The creature's wet, black lips turned up in a victorious smirk as she smoothly sneaked closer to the edge of the water, her movements making it hard to believe that she was even in water.
Sun May 23, 2010 9:19 pm
Phoenix fearfully looked over at Zephyr. It was like he was in a trance. "Zephyr? Zephyr, snap out of it!" Phoenix said to him. She watched in horror as he continued to look at the water nymph. Phoenix looked over at the water nymph, but noticed something odd. It was like... they changed. They weren't pretty at all. They changed in appearance and everything! They were quite hideous actually. But she guessed that wasn't the same thing with her brother. She must've broken the spell on herself, not the same with her brother.
Phoenix couldn't move at all. She was frozen in place, unable to feel the ground beneath her. She was scared, she didn't know what to do. Her brother was now under their trance, who knows what they'll do to him? One thing she knew for sure, she couldn't do anything about it. She was to... weak.
A tear ran down her cheek. It was pain to her that she couldn't do anything about this. Nothing. She just watched and waited, waited for an opening.

Mon May 24, 2010 2:48 am
His vision was starting to get blurry now. Well, the vision around her face, at least. He could still see her perfectly fine. Just everything around it was hazy and smokey and blurry and colourful...
Distantly, he thought he heard someone say his name. It was distorted though, like in a dream. Really, all the noises were like that now. The waterfall sounded the same as it had when they'd been on the other side of the wall. When his fingers went limp and his sword clattered to the ground, the sound of that was also strange. It was almost as if her were in some weird bubble that wasn't even apart of the rest of the world.

"Come to me, darling..." She purred, and this time he could hear it very clearly. Too clearly, in fact. It made him slightly uncomfortable that it felt like they were the only two people that even existed.
However, he still started to walk towards her anyway. She continued to come towards him as well, pulling herself out of the water sleekly and sitting on the edge. His knees felt like they might give out at any minute, but he continued to slowly inch towards her...
Mon May 24, 2010 8:57 pm
Phoenix was standing in the same spot she had been, and for a few more seconds of helplessly watching her brother walk step by step over to the water nymph, she came to realise that she had to do something. Had to.
"Zephyr..." Phoenix said weakly, walking towards her brother. "Zephyr! Zephyr, stop it!" Phoenix yelled his name louder, with a new spark of courage everytime she said it. She grabbed onto his arm, and started tugging him backwards. "Zephyr!" She yelled one more time. She could tell that the water nymph was not happy about what Phoenix was doing. The water nymph looked angry, but then looked gentle again, urging her brother to come to her.
The other water nymph didn't look happy either. She was doing... something with her hands. She was moving them gracefully in the water, speaking a different language. At one point, her hands started to glow. But Phoenix didn't notice it. "Zephyr!" She cried, tugging at his arm.

Tue May 25, 2010 2:06 am
There it was again; someone off in the distance calling to him. Half of him really wanted to find that person for some reason that the other half of him couldn't understand. Why would he want anyone else when he could be with this woman anyway? She was gorgeous, and she wanted him. She wanted him. Of all people...
Again, she beckoned to him with her hand, and even somehow, with her face? Or maybe it was her mind...?
He wasn't sure. All he knew was that he felt the compulsion to get over there and in the water with her. His knees felt continually weak, which only made the pull get even stronger. He sort of felt like he might be trying to intentionally make his knees weak though, even if he consciously wanted to go to her. However, the more he thought about simply the idea of it, the more it actually hurt. He wasn't sure why that was happening either, but he decided that he didn't like pain.
The shaking of his shoulder helped to snap him out of it ever-so-slightly. "Phe..." He breathed, shaking his head slightly and blinking in a confused manner. As soon as he started to try to pull his eyes off of the nymph though, the spell came back at him full-force. Not to mention it hurt like heck when he tried to get out of her gaze. The glimmer that he had helped him to want to break out of it more though. He just tried to focus on the image of his sister in his mind. It was a little hard when everything in his mind was as foggy as the vision around the beautiful face of the creature. It hurt more and more, but he subconsciously knew that he needed to do this. He couldn't even remember why, but he somehow knew that it was worth the pain.
However, he was now only about a foot away from being in the reach of the creature's arms again. Only a few more steps and she'd be able to pull him under...
Tue May 25, 2010 2:46 am
A spark light up within Phoenix when he started to speak her name, trying to come back, but her smile soon faded when he was again walking towards the nymph. "Zephyr?!" She said, now knowing that tugging his arm was not going to help anything. It helped a little bit, but it did nothing. She needed to do something more... Phoenix thought of something quickly, and jumped in front of her brother. "Zephyr, stop!" She cried with all her might, barring her brother's path. She tried to block his vision of the nymph. Phoenix put her hands on her brother's shoulders. "Look at me! Look at me." She said, shaking him. She hoped this worked... otherwise, nothing would. It would all be over. He was a few feet away from the water. She was almost in the water herself, but she had enough room to stand between him and the nymph.
Please... Please, come back... Phoenix was thinking all the time. Please... She almost burst into tears. She couldn't think about losing her brother, not one second. She couldn't. It was... too hard.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> 1x1 RPs [Nov.'19] All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11