Lyht+Pheonix 1x1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> 1x1 RPs [Nov.'19]
Wed May 11, 2011 12:40 pm
Alliyah chewed the food in her mouth, and swallowed it before speaking. "There's a cave in the forest, right on the edge of the mountains. That's where our... treasure is." Alliyah had to stop herself from saying target, but she caught herself. In a way, she wasn't lying. Their target was treasure. Wasn't it?
"Once we find the treasure, we'll head to the planet of Ioclose." Alliyah finished. She stuffed her mouth with pancakes, finally finishing her breakfast. She let out a huge sigh of relief. "That was good..." She said, smiling in delight. Her stomach was now full, and she was ready to take on the monster. The monster was said to be huge, skinny, but very fast. Hunters had gone for it before, but only few returned. This is going to be fun!

Phoenix listened to Alliyah talk. When she paused before she said treasure in a wierd way, Phoenix wondered. Did she mean to do that? Or was there another word that she was going to say, but messed up. Phoenix gave Alliyah a strange look, then shrugged, figuring that it meant nothing. She went back to eating her breakfast fruits. This is so exciting, I can't wait! Was going through Phoenix's head a million times over. It was true, she was very excited... but she was kind of nerveous. What happens if they lost there way? What happens if they never make it out of the forest... ever?

Tue May 17, 2011 7:47 am
Zephyr listened to Alliyah quietly, though he was clearly still skeptical of what she said. Something seemed off about the whole thing, but he was not really sure what. The things she was saying seemed more or less legitimate. It had to do with the way she said them.
But how bad could it really be? Clearly she was covering up something. However, it couldn't really be all that bad, could it? So far, the crew seemed not to have anything against them, and that was the worst thing he could think of; this was all some sort of con. Maybe it was just something about the type of treasure, as in it was not treasure in the traditional sense. That made no difference to them; they were here for the adventure. Any treasure acquired in their journey was just a bonus.

"Great!" Blade replied, mouth full of food once more. "No point in waiting around, I guess." He added after he had swallowed. Blade was somewhat like these two newbies in that respect; he really got into the whole adventure aspect of things. He certainly enjoyed treasure, and it did motivate him to some degree, but the journey was the main thing to him; the goal itself was just the end of it. His eyes quickly scanned the other three at the table, narrowed slightly as he thought a bit, something somewhat rare for him. He hoped these two really would be helpful in the defeating of this monster. They looked strong, but he wondered if they needed a bit more training battle-wise.
Oh well; they would find out later. It wasn't like they were leading them to their deaths or anything, even if they weren't all that great in combat. It was rather likely that they could make it out alive. They had done that a few times already, anyway; this was why they were trying to get help from the outside. Blade sure hoped that this could be the end of the thing. They had been trying to get in there and get rid of the creature for months now, and already had a good ten attempts behind them. Maybe this would be the one...
Tue May 17, 2011 9:03 pm
Phoenix looked over at Zephyr, and noticed he had the same facial expression as herself. She wondered... She had just had a question to ask to Alliyah, a very important question that could change the way that they looked at the mission and possibly the ship and their crew, but she forgot it the second she thought it up. Oh well... she'll remember it sooner or later, hopefully. Phoenix was finally finished with her breakfast. "Okay, let's go!" Phoenix said energetically, and she jumped to her feet.

"Woah, take it easy there." Alliyah said to Phoenix, which made Phoenix stop in mid-stride towards the door. "First of all, we need to make sure everyone's prepared." Alliyah said.
"To the mountains is about a day and a half away, so we'll need to go prepared." Alliyah added, also finishing her breakfast then. "I've got all the food and the shelter we need in my backpack," Alliyah indicated to the small hiking pack strapped around her shoulders, laying comfortably on her back, "but we need weapons for all of us... There's monsters in that forest."

Fri May 20, 2011 5:19 pm
Zephyr, as usual, remained silent. His eyes moved between the other teens as they talked, though his gaze mostly stayed on his sister. He felt a little worried about her apparent excitement. Although he was somewhat excited too, she seemed so ready to get in there and... do whatever it was that these two were dragging them into. Maybe he was just being paranoid or something, but he felt like she wasn't thinking it through well enough.
But perhaps that was just how it was, and that was why they were so great for each other. She challenged him to leave his comfort zone and he was there to assess the danger and protect them both from it. That sounded about right. He should just go with this, that what it meant. He knew his abilities, and he trusted that they were enough to keep her out of harm's way. That was enough insurance to settle his fears.
Finishing off the last of the food he had served himself, he was about to stand with Phoenix when Alliyah spoke. Eyes darting over to her, he again just listened. He furrowed his brow at the mention of monsters. He had been expecting something like this. At least she was coming forward with it. And at least she was clearly good with planning ahead.

"Yeah..." Blade grinned widely. "That's the spirit!" He shoved the last rather huge bite on his plate into his mouth. "I like this one already! Got a nice fire in her." He jumped up too, giving Phoenix a playful wink, which of course earned him a sharp glare from Zephyr.
Despite his energetic reply to Phoenix's eagerness, Blade was able to stand still and be quiet long enough to listen to what Alliyah had to say. She was right, as usual, though he was anxious to get off the ship again. Even if it meant danger, he wanted something more to do than the usual stuff around here.
Sat May 21, 2011 1:42 pm
Phoenix blushed when Blade gave her that wink, but when Alliyah said what she had said, Phoenix suddenly remembered what her question was.
"Oh yeah!" She said outloud, getting wierd faces from the crew, "What kind of treasure are we trying to find anyways?" Phoenix asked Alliyah. The look that showed up on Alliyah's face was worrying...

Alliyah had a blank expression on her face. How was she supposed to answer that?
"You'll see." Alliyah said, and burried her face in the rest of her food. Oh boy... what will happen next? Alliyah thought to herself.

Phoenix thought about all that was said. They needed weapons for the monsters in the forest, that was a no-brainer. But when Alliyah thought about what to say when she said, 'treasure', and just now when she said 'You'll see.' made her wonder... and just a bit worried.
"Is the treasure particularlly... dangerous?" Phoenix asked Alliyah, wondering what she was going to say next.

Sun May 22, 2011 3:20 am
Eyes still shirting around between each of the others, Zephyr wasn't sure if he should stand yet or not. It seemed that Alliyah was in no rush and the other two was just particularly eager to get on with everything. For now, he decided to just remain seated. He could just jump up as soon as Alliyah did.
Zephyr couldn't help but be a little pleased that Phoenix was questioning this a little more. Her questions were exactly what he had been thinking this whole time, though he hadn't bothered to ask. That was normal for him and he often regretted not asking. He was about to agree that he, too, was a little curious and skeptical about all of it but another voice cut in before he could even get his mouth open.

"Well I personally have never been on a treasure hunt that didn't have some kind of danger." Blade decided to let Alliyah finish her meal while he tried his hand at avoiding direct answers. "So I guess you could say that it's dangerous. But you won't have to worry about anything. Like we showed you back there yesterday, we're pretty good fighters. Plus, now we have you two as well, and I'm hoping you're pretty good too?" A shrug accompanied the unsure comment. "Well, I already know that he'll be able to protect you." Blade rolled his eyes a little as he jabbed his thumb in Zephyr's direction. He also rubbed his chin, not that his face still hurt, but just to remind everyone how he knew.
"I think we'll make a great team." He continued. "Especially if you guys really can do that neat trick that you did on my face. We're practically invincible with that!" His enthusiasm was rather convincing. Even Zephyr stopped scowling at him since he knew that he was right about at least some of that.
Sun May 22, 2011 3:33 am
Phoenix listened to what Blade had to say. He was right. Nothing could stop them, right? "Yeah! We're pretty good with a blade... Those mermaids were tough though..." Phoenix said. She put her hands on the back of the chair. "Ooo... can we go yet, please?" Phoenix begged Alliyah. Somehow, what Blade said made her more comfortable, which made her more anxious, which made her impatient. She might sound a bit rude, but she was ready to face what was out there. She was very ready. Phoenix looked over at Zephyr, putting a hand on his shoulder. "C'mon, let's go get our weapons." Phoenix said to him, starting towards the door.

Alliyah chuckled slightly to herself, but then got up as well. "I guess it can't be helped." She muttered to herself. "Alright. Let's get our things ready, then let's meet up on the deck. We can take the bridge down and walk to the cave." Alliyah said to all of them, hoping that all of them listened. Alliyah started for her room as well.

Sun May 22, 2011 4:53 pm
His eyes were on Blade as he spoke. Although he agreed with most of what the other boy was saying, he was still not sure that he trusted him, or anyone on this ship, for that matter. Unfortunately, he was going to have to trust them for now, and just hope that it all worked out.
"Well we can't just heal any wound at any time..." He pointed out with a small shrug. It did take a certain amount of energy to use their talent. Plus, the more serious the wound, the harder it was to heal. Despite this, it was clear that this was one of the only faults he found in what Blade had said.
Looking over at his sister again, he nodded and stood. "Mmkay." He grunted in reply as he followed closely behind her, careful to catch what Alliyah said as they left. Once they were away from the other two, he felt a bit more comfortable at least as far as saying things went.
"I'm a little skeptical of this treasure we're going after." Zephyr admitted to her slowly. As they reached the door, he sped ahead to open it for them. "But we did come out here asking for adventure..." He added quietly. So far, he had little regret about leaving. Even if they had already nearly been killed, it was more exciting than home.

Watching as they left, Blade still grinned. He could feel the excitement swelling up in him already, and they hadn't even left the ship yet. "Alright, see you then!" Blade called back at her as he ran off. Taking all the back passages and little-used hallways, he quickly made his way to his room. It didn't take him long to gather up all he thought he would need; just his sword and his boots and an extra dagger and his signature goggles.
He then raced back out to the deck, half-expecting to find the others already there. Apparently he had been going faster than he had thought though; he was the first to arrive.
Sun May 22, 2011 5:13 pm
Phoenix nodded to what Zephyr had said. "Yeah... what happens if the treasure is... Well, I don't know, guarded by a monster?... What happens if you aren't able to beat it?" Phoenix said outloud. A lot of thoughts were going through her head right now, but she was still happy to be getting on with the journey. Phoenix walked out the door, heading for the elevator. Once there, the door emited them inside. Phoenix pushed the up button, and away they went. "Oh well. It'll be fun, dont you think so?" Phoenix said, jumping a little. "I've always loved to hike... as if I did it enough..." Phoenix mumbled the last part to herself. She really didn't go hiking a lot, but she did when her instructor would have them go out into the woods about a mile away from the village, and have them set up a tent and everything. It's not like they couldn't go back to the village at the end of the day... they were only 20 feet into the forest anyways (It's a mile there, but who said that it was a mile into the forest?)

Alliyah walked to her own room, taking the stairs there. Once she got to her room, she got the other things she needed, like her sword and her handgun, and headed for the deck. She wasn't surprised to see that Blade was the first one on the deck. "Wow... you're here early..." Alliyah said sarcastically, and chuckled.

Tue May 24, 2011 5:13 pm
Zephyr shrugged as she voiced his earlier thoughts. "Then we'll just have to run." He said with quiet confidence. If it was too late by the time they tried to run, well... there were reasons he didn't continue onto that out loud. He hated to be so pessimistic especially when it came to safety.
Scooting quickly onto the elevator with her, he shrugged slightly, digesting what she said silently for a moment before answering. "Yeah, it'll be fun..." Fun might not have been exactly what he would call it, but perhaps it would be in the end. Although he couldn't shake the feeling that something bad was going to happen, maybe there would be some elements of fun in the expedition.

Grinning as he saw Alliyah approach, Blade bobbed his head in a fervent nod. "You know me..." He chuckled, throwing her a playful punch. After a short pause, he decided to ask something that suddenly sprang to mind. "So what do you think of them so far?" He said, deciding that it was obvious who he spoke of. "Besides the obvious kind of stuff like how they were totally clueless about those mermaids yesterday."
Tue May 24, 2011 8:54 pm
Phoenix looked over at Zephyr. Run away? How were they expected to do that? Well, she knew how... But how was she supposed to leave the treasure behind? She couldn't just get scared and run away, no way. Now that they were in it, they were in it for good. No backing, or running, away now.
Phoenix listened to the sarcasm in his voice. "What, you don't think it will be?" Phoenix asked him with her hands on her hips. "Well, We'll just wait and see."
The elevator door opened, emitting them into the hallway. Phoenix quickly hastened down the hallway to their room. She opened the door. "Okay, now to look for a sword..." She said outloud, speaking to no one in particular, and started searching for a good blade.

Alliyah thought for a second on answering Blade's question. "I'm not sure yet." Is what she came up with. She really know how to judge them yet, she only just met them yesterday. "But, my guess is, when the time comes they'll know what to do. That's what I'm hoping anyways." She finished, but she began to wonder. Why put so much trust in these two? After all, they did almost get killed by those mermaids yesterday. Maybe she should lay off... Naw. They know this place inside and out. Probably, anyways. They could lead them to the monster.
"I'm just... a little worried. The monster in the region is supposed to be deadly. Well, not like the ones that we've fought already weren't, but this one is supposed to be particularly be tricky to beat." Alliyah said. She heard rumors about the monster the day before they docked here, whent hey stayed in Norath, the most technologically advanced planet in the galazy. She had heard this rumor coming from two gentlman at the billboard. The billboard was were monster hunters turned in their findings, and looked for new requests. The two gentlemen there were talking about that planet, and talking about the monster tthere, and how they nearly escaped death. It was a little bit of a downer. But, they had to take the job.

Fri May 27, 2011 8:43 am
Gray eyes trained on his sister, Zephyr kept a neutral frown on his face. "Well I don't know. She was just acting kind of weird about it is all. They never told us exactly what the treasure is..." He reminded her with a shrug. That still bothered him, but he had settled with it for now. Maybe they could squeeze something out of them on this hike. Even if he didn't want to talk to him, it seemed like Blade might be a more likely source. He was so talkative and seemed less together than Alliyah.
Once back in the room, Zephyr immediately went for his things. He left the stuff that he knew would not be useful which were all still stuffed in his back pack, just grabbing his sword and sheath and such. The closet seemed to be laden with various trinkets, weapons, and other useful gear, so he decided to have a look, though he wasn't sure that he needed anything else. He had always been just fine with just his one blade, though that had just been back at home where he hardly used even his sword.
Even still, he found some extra things that would be nice to have, just in case. He found a nice belt with plenty of slots and pouches to put things in, which he fastened around his waist. Also, he found an extra weapon; a knife with a smaller leg holster which he strapped on just above his knee.
Feeling that he was well enough prepared, he went back out to the room and leaned against the wall next to the door while he waited for Phoenix.

Listening as she answered, Blade nodded as she spoke. He hoped that they would pull through as well, though he wasn't sure what he thought of their skill level yet. Yes, they hadn't been doing so well against those mermaids, but he hadn't done so hot the first few times he fought against them either. Maybe they just hadn't encountered many of them in the past. Plus, mermaids were tricky ones. One wrong move and they easily got the upper hand. Especially if you were a male; Blade knew how that little hypnotizing thing felt and knew that it could be the end of anybody who was out there all by themselves.
"Yeah. Well, are you worried for your own safety or just worried that one of them is gonna die right off?" It seemed like a silly and out-there question, but this was usual for Blade. Yes, Blade had been that little kid who always asked "Why?" as soon as you answered his previous question.
Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:57 pm
Phoenix looked at where Zepher was getting his weapons from, so she looked in her closet. She had lost her sword from the battle with the mermaids, so she needed a new weapon. She found there was a sword, and a dagger only in her closet, so she tied the holster of the sword onto her belt, then the dagger. Also upon looking, she found a compass, but it was a very wierd compass. It wasn't pointing north... which was strange. Why not take it with? She gathered up as much things as she could, and put them into a backpack she also found in the closet (by now, Phoenix was thinking 'Wow, these closets have everything!'). Once Phoenix was done packing, she went with her brother to the deck.
They were there after getting lost in the hallways for a while. They finally found it though.
"We're here!" Phoenix said, rushing up to Blade and Alliyah, who seemed, by the look on their faces, to have waited there for a while. "Sorry... we got lost a couple of times...." Phoenix panted after walking all around the ship.

Before Phoenix and Zepher showed up on the deck (long before that actually), Alliyah pondered on the question Blade asked. "I don't know. A little of both, maybe." Alliyah finally said, and it was definatly the truth. She didn't know what she was feeling like at that moment. All she knew was that this was going to be interesting.
"There you are." Alliyah said, half annoyed at hoow long it took for them to make it here. "Nevermind." She said after what Phoenix said, which was typical, "Let's get going." Alliyah lead the way to a little rope ladder that hung from the side of the huge ship. They were going to have to climb down that....

Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:19 am
The long walk got a bit frustrating after a while. Zephyr wasn't sure that he could handle getting so lost all the time. Hopefully it would get better as time went on. That was, assuming that they were actually going to stay with these people for that long.
Once they finally got onto the deck, Zephyr let out a soft sigh of relief. It seemed just plain silly that they had so much trouble finding the most obvious part of the ship, but there were just so many hallways and staircases and doors and rooms that it all got rather confusing. But they had finally made it though and that was what mattered for the time being. If the other two were annoyed at their lateness then they would just have to get them a guide next time.

Blade only nodded at her reply, arms folded across his chest as he thought about the trek they were about to embark on. Hopefully this would turn out better than their past attempts to get past this beast. He wanted to get this over with and most of all, he didn't want to have to see someone get killed. That was something no one should have to go through.
But enough of those kinds of thoughts. He was getting a bit bored by the time Zephyr and Phoenix finally showed up. "Yes, let's go!" He agreed eagerly, following Alliyah quickly. Blade took the initiative to get on the ladder first. After you did this a few times, heights didn't really bother you so much anymore. Blade had done this too many times to count and hadn't had a problem with it in years.
Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:43 pm
Phoenix looked down the ladder, and shuddered. She had never had to climb down anything this long before. She loved climbing trees and buildings, don't get me wrong, but climbing this wasn't the same. But, that's what the adventure had in store for them, so why not? It's not like she was going to fall......... right?
Phoenix gulped, and she started to descend down the ladder, one carefull little step after the other. Sometimes she would miss a step, which made her heart go in circles in her chest, but then she would find the right spot and keep climbing down. Phoenix finally made it down the ladder. She had mastered the rope! She was glad about that indeed. She did a sign of victory, saying in a small but strong voice, "I did it! Ha ha!" If that was just the ladder, just think about what they had in store for them. Phoenix was a little excited, and a little afraid at the same time. Who knows what was out there?

Alliyah watched Blade climb down the ladder, then watched poor little Phoenix actually conquer it. By the look on her face as she was preparing for the journey down the ladder, and when she actually started, she looked like she was afraid out of her mind. Alliyah then said to Zephyr, "Your turn." with a little smirk on her face. She wanted him to go first, so that she could take the rear and go down last.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> 1x1 RPs [Nov.'19] All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11