Knitter's Paradise
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3, 4, 5
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Artists' Quarter [Nov.'19]
Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:19 pm
Thanks!! Heart

It can depend. I'm still a newbie at it, so I'm slower.
On nights when I'm trying to zone out and wind down for bed I make a decent amount of progress.

Here's some of my finished yarn and the time it took me to complete [roughly since there'd be a day or two or more that I didn't pick up my spindle]:

A month and a day.

------

Two month and eight days. Though this had a really long hiatus so I could spin the green posted above.

------

And this is my first spinning project. It took a month. The photo shows progression of skill in that one month.

------

And so far, that's all the yarn I've completed as of yet. I'm not too in a rush to get too fast [well, I do but, ya know..] Just getting better is my focus at the moment.

It's like any new skill though, the more you learn, the more better and proficient you become.
I know some spindlers that can whip up an obscene amount of yarn is a super short amount of time, but they've been doing it for years.

And wheel spinning is a lot faster too, but a spinning wheel is far more expensive than stick with a weight on one end.

Laughing

Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:40 pm
I would be!! XD

That's really fantastic though, and I suspect much cheaer than buying the yarn yourself. And those images are lovely, the last one in particular. It really shows how far your proficiency has come along!

Do you do photography on the side? If not, you should consider starting up!

Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:51 pm
The savings depends. Like where you're buying the wool fluff from and wether or not it's being sold by an indie dyer, but yeah, still a bit cheaper than a yarn I'd get at a fancy yarn store.

BUT! I can spin it and sell it for more than a commercially made yarn.
Like all hobbies though, it can get expensive fast since ALL THE SHINIES!

That was an awesome compliment, thank you! One day, one day.. maybe. So far photography is just another hobby I enjoy doing.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5