Knitter's Paradise
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, , 3, 4, 5  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Artists' Quarter [Nov.'19]
Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:32 pm
There have been so many projects that I've wanted to start cause I'm sick of looking at my current one. (Though I can see the end of it so it's not as bad) I refuse to do so though. I end up with knitter's guilt/remorse or something. I know if I start something new, it will be that much harder to pick up the current WiP. I like to try and work on only one thing at a time. But! I'm technically done with the knitting aspect of this project, so now I should be free to start other things.
Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:31 pm
My scarf is coming along. It's a little longer then Ellie's torso now so about 11 inches... Not too bad for 2 days of work and it is helping me with tension and some of the issues I had with my previous WIP.. I'm hoping that I can finish within the next week and get a good start on Ellie's blanket or the throw... I haven't decide which I want to retry just yet....

Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:36 pm
I don't know if I have unfinished projects in other hobbies.
I probably do, but I have a really bad memory, and if I haven't touched it in a few months, there's a good chance I have no recollection of it.

With knitting and crocheting, I try not to have more than four wips going at a time.
Two 'serious' ones. Like one for car trips and such that require little to no thought and one for home that requires some deal of concentration [usually following a chart or has something different going on every few rows]. and the other two tend to have sewing involved and I'm just avoiding it, aha.
Right now I have five [and a sixth pending. I'm waiting to buy another skein of yarn in a different color]. And only one [for now] involves sewing.

I just get bored if I try to stick with one project [even though I know I could get it done so much faster if I just stayed faithful to it].

That's awesome progress for two days of work!
/has done barely anything the past two days aside from blocking a blanket and knitting a newborn hat.

Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:49 am

So this is what I've been working on for the past 2 months or so. I saw a purse with a spider on it ages ago and decided to make it for my mother. Then I changed how the purse worked up, but kept the spider pattern. Just finished construction of the bag yesterday. I then did duplicate stitch over the spider to make it red.
Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:43 pm
flash must be what makes it look pink... >_<

I have a lot of time where I have no option but to sit. I mean I suppose I CAN walk around it's just uncomfortable so I'm either on the computer at those times or knitting... And yesterday I spent most of that time knitting because I was organizing my office and getting on the computer would result in complete distraction because I lose track of time online, what feels like 20-30 minutes winds up being a couple of hours...

Big image is big

This is my current project. Since I am nixing my blankets to perfect my stitches first...

Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:29 am
It's looking really good! Any idea who is gonna use it when your done?
Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:25 am
Both projects look awesome!
/even though I am afraid of spiders.
aha.

Um. Jazz, before you take apart the blankets, do you know that stitches get perfected after washing the finished piece? The soaking makes stitches even and bloom.
I only ask because I hope you aren't killing yourself over imperfect stitches before completing the something.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:42 am
I am making mistakes when I go from a knit to a purl and I was having MAJOR issues with starting new rows because my last stitch was ALWAYS loose. I will keep the washing aspect in mind when I start them again though Smile

I've nixed the blankets a billion times because I am crazy but I am actually doing it wrong. BUT I've learn quite a few AWESOME things from this project since I told myself I COULD NOT be a perfectionist. I could go back and fix something if I REALLY messed up but no completely unraveling it like I've done to the blankets.

So far I have learned how to unravel just one row or up to so far a 3 row mistake that resulted in a weird hole that even Burande couldn't figure out.... And also how to pick up a stitch that I've dropped and unraveled Smile that is my best accomplishment so far. I'm pretty proud of it. I've also started tightening up my stitches which is evident in that the base of the scarf has more girth to it and I no longer have issues starting new rows. Smile The scarf is close to two feet maybe even 3 now Smile

@Burande, since it is kind of, newbie work I was probably going to hang on to it. I figure it would be interesting to wear am multicolored purple/green toned scarf with my acrylic grape colored cleaves and my dark teal wool and bamboo beret. Razz

Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:56 pm
Ah, I see.
I was having problems with my edges on my recent project.
My right edge was looser than my left. So now I'm pulling tighttight on the right first four stitches and being looseloose on the last four stitches.
Hopefully I won't have to frog and restart again.

Congrats on learning to pick up dropped stitches! It's fun, right?

Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:57 pm
It is nice to know though I restarted my blanket and got quite a few rows in then while trying to back track I dropped 5-6 stitches that unraveled several rows! I'm very sad because I don't know how to fix it (at least not without a crochet hook which I'm not sure where those are right now.) So the blanket just sits there and I sit here wishing I could work on it without frogging it Sad

Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:36 pm
Were you able to find a crochet hook to fix it? If not, you could slip the dropped stitches unto locking stitch markers and tink [unknit] back the six row if you don't feel comfortable with frogging back to the point of them and then returning the stitches back onto the needles. You don't have to start over.

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:10 am
-has been meaning to post this-

I find it pretty rare to see really nice knitted stuffed animals. I keep an eye out for them though.

Link

Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:16 am
Hansi Singh is amazing. You should see all of her knitted toys, they're awesome!

Queen of the Realm
Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:17 am
Not an animal, but a doll that I knitted....

Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:17 pm
Blaze:: That's adorable!!

Giraffe progress!

[Since the photo I attached its tail and a leg].

edit::
I finished the giraffe yesterday and today I finished a sewing needle book that I started in July.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, , 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5