Join in Preparations for the Coronation Here!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Archived Threads
Alric al`Gysevin

Knight of Zantarni
Zantarni NPC
Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:34 am
Pacing back and forth in front of the academy, Alric looks tense as he issues out orders to those working to prepare for the festivities. He looks up at the newcomers and tries to cover his annoyance with a smile.

“So you have finally made your way here, have you? Those citizens with proper decorum have been here since dawn, happy to contribute to the Coronation Celebration. However, since this is a happy occasion I will overlook your tardiness and grant you the opportunity to show your thanks to the Royals with the various menial tasks that still need to be completed.”

Alric unrolls the scroll he had been previously clutching within his hand and then quickly scans the parchment for something appropriate.

“Ahah! I need you to fetch me some food for the Kitchen as well as more silk which is needed for decoration of the ball room.” After tucking away the parchment, Alric notices a confused expression on your face.

He sighs before speaking again:
“How silly of me! Of course you would not know where to find such basic items. Let’s see...

The head chef says he needs some Turkey legs for one of his famous recipes.” Alric sniffs a little at the mention of the cook. "I'm not sure how he does it. By all accounts, the man is a Lazy Cook, but somehow manages to create some of the most succulent meals.” Alric shakes his head and sighs,”In either case, we need that turkey.”

“As for apples, don't waste your time running around Town. You know where the orchard's supply house is!”

“I understand that someone of your standing has never had the chance to touch silk. So let me tell you that silk is a very delicate material. We will only employ the very best artisans to handle this material! Perhaps you can Hook up with such a one in the Artists Quarters. Just make sure you don't Needle any of them -- They take unkindly to that sort of behavior!”

“And one more thing, our musicians have misplaced some of their instruments. Fetch them a new Gemshorn and Lute while you are gone.”

“Now off with you! I have much more important matters to deal with.”

----
Edit:"It has also come to my attention that there may be those who are not comfortable in the more descriptive aspect of this topic when wanting to ask for more clues. May I direct you to this Event Quest Help thread here if you would like to ask for help without roleplaying. Of course, as long as you are able to bring in these items I do not mind whether you type normally or roleplay the questions."

Last edited by Alric al`Gysevin on Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Amurita

Knight of Zantarni
Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:47 pm
Sir Alric! I want to thank you for helping organize this event. Yorick knows we need the help. Please let us Knights know if there's anything more that needs to be done :3
Alric al`Gysevin

Knight of Zantarni
Zantarni NPC
Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:11 pm
Alric gives Amurita a bow and puts on a charming smile.

"Why you give me too much credit Lady Amurita! Of course it is my great honour to organize the festivities.

Please, continue on with whatever work you may have and I will take care of things here."

Knight of Zantarni
Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:01 am
Oh, I can't think of anyone better to prepare for the coronation than you Sir Alric! I may be distracted with other things, but I think I'll stick around the thread to help anyone that needs more directions for the tasks you've given them.
Alric al`Gysevin

Knight of Zantarni
Zantarni NPC
Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:12 am
"Why you are way too generous with your time Lady Amurita. I have been completely busy with the preparations myself to find anyone that needs help. But I am sure if more direction was needed they would come and ask."

Knight of Zantarni
Zantarni NPC
Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:16 am
“Alric! I knew I would find you in the centre of all this commotion.”

Bernadette hurriedly hobbles toward the Academy with what she hopes is a smile on her face, but what can only be more appropriately described as a sneer.

Knight of Zantarni
Zantarni NPC
Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:18 am
“Anything but the witch!” Alric mutters under his breath. He could not hide his grimace at the sight of the old woman.
“What are you doing out here among the civilized? I thought you would be busy tending to your, oh so precious turnips.”

Knight of Zantarni
Zantarni NPC
Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:21 am
“Foolish boy. On any other day I would call a pox upon you, but the Spirits say that can wait for now. Instead they told me to bring you this.”

Bernadette put downs the baskets of turnips she was carrying and looks at Alric expectantly. After a few moments of silence she assumes her usual scowl. “Children these days. No manners.”

Knight of Zantarni
Zantarni NPC
Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:25 am
Alric cocks an eyebrow at the unwanted gift.

“You must be getting soft in your old age. Although this...gift is appreciated, I am not partial to turnips and-”

Knight of Zantarni
Zantarni NPC
Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:26 am
Bernadette jabs Alric with her cane as she interrupts him.

“Me give you a gift? Hardly! The Spirits have directed me to bring these turnips for use in the celebrations.”

“But even more importantly, who doesn’t like turnips!” Bernadette cries out as she shakes her cane in anger.

Knight of Zantarni
Zantarni NPC
Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:28 am
“Wretched woman, keep your cane to yourself. Actually, for that matter keep your turnips to yourself! These turnips barely deem sufficient for peasants, let alone nobles.”

Waving off the old woman, Alric turns back toward the preparations.

Knight of Zantarni
Zantarni NPC
Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:30 am
“Foolish child! The Spirits will not stand for such insults!” Bernadette yells to Alric’s retreating figure. Grabbing her baskets of turnips she heads in the direction of her home.
Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:44 am
Fae gapes at the figure before her, forgetting to be polite in her awe. While she has met with those of the upper crust before, on occasion, this is the first time that she's been ordered about.

Perhaps as a result of getting far too much lip from her mule, Fae isn't phased much. This is her first time to be here for the coronation and well ... that excitement overtakes any irritation at being treated as a commoner.

She bows her head at the rebuke for her lateness, and then listens intently to her orders.

"Sir! Yes sir!" She does a quick salute, then scurries off to do his bidding.

Knight of Zantarni
Zantarni NPC
Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:58 am
Meldrick sat under the large oak tree, listening to goings on surrounding the preparations for the Coronation Celebration. Hearing the exchange between Alric and Bernadette, he just shook his head and spoke to Loriel as she flitted about, "One would have thought that Alric would have known better than to insult Bernadette or the Spirits." shaking his head again as he rose, "Alric's arrogance may have gotten him in real trouble this time."

He turned to head back towards Edingtol's Gates, when a line he had heard a long time ago came unbidden to his thoughts

"Round about the cauldron go;
In the poison'd entrails throw.
Toad, that under cold stone
Days and nights has thirty-one
Swelter'd venom sleeping got,
Boil thou first i' the charmed pot.

Double, double, toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and cauldron bubble. . ."

Sit back and I'll tell you tales of Faeries and dragons.
Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:28 pm
All the comotion from the Corination had drawn the attention of Keres. This was her first Corination event and she didn't want to be seen as lazy. Nor did she want her mules to be looked down on for lazing about.

So on her way to the academy she went past Sage Nightshade and Nepin'Riths usual hang out, and yelled into them, "Come Now! make use of yourselves you two! Out here and come with me. We have important things to prepare for! And i will not have you mucking about."

Keres waitied only long enough for the two of them to come out to her and passed them both a wet cloth to wipe of the aparent dirt on them from working in the mines and doing what they have been as well. "Come now." She says calmy. "we will have things that we need to do, for now we need to get to the academy."

So it was that the three of them walked to the academy to recive their orders. On the way they saw WildFae, but for only a moment as she was rushing off with her orders. As they arive they see Sir Meldrick looking a bit lost in thought, but they all nod as they pass by him and they aproach Sir Alric and greet him, to recieve the same directions that lady WildFae had recived.

Accepting of her tasks she nods and turns to Sage and to nepinrith and tells them this, "Sage, you are in charge of gathering the silk. Once you have retrieved it I want you to bring it back here and them report to me. Nepin'Rith, you are tasked with obtaining the lute and the gemshorn. you know where to get those. When you obtain them, same as Sage bring them back here and then report to me. I will go out and Gather the apples the turkey. I will return back here when I am done, for the next set of instructions. Also, do get dressed in something nicer after you report back to me."

Sage and Nepin'Rith in both nodded and said, "yes Mistress!" nepinrith Slitheref off to get the musical instuments, and Sage took to flight to find the the quickest way to get to the silk. Keres troted off to get changed into her nicer cloths and to grab the food items for the Event.

Last edited by keres corvax on Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Archived Threads All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7