It's been a long time
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:49 pm
Hanahime-That's true. I just wish I could remember more about books. Even if I love it I tend to forget the details after a while.

I used to have some standing dolls.

Tam-XD True. Octopi are creepy looking things, but I bet it would be fun to watch them get into mischief.
Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:28 am
I have a pretty good memory so I remember at least one thing from most of the books I've read.

The two that have to stand since they are attached to a base are Japanese. Very pretty. Wish I had cases to keep them in so they wouldn't collect so much dust.
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:25 pm
I guess I do too, but I wish I could remember more.

I have a bunch of pretties in boxes because I have nowhere to display them right now. I need a glass case too, but I don't know where I'd put it if I had one. We need to get a bigger place. I've seen some Japanese dolls recently at estate sales. One of these days I'm going to buy one. They are really pretty.
Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:19 am
And I can tell a story I've read years later. Don't envy me, I can't always do it on command. LOL

What's your other doll, Hime?

Rayven, if you ever see one with a full porcelain body that is jointed at the shoulders and hips, think of me if it's not too expensive? This kind is usually small, and they look like children.

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:56 pm
Tam-No problem. I'll see what I can find. Very Happy
Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:08 pm
Oh, remember to ask about YOUR doll over in your tavern? I don't wanna hog Hime's thread.

Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:33 am
Hog my thread all you want. I forget about it most often.

my third doll is a Disney collectible Jasmine doll. the only porcelain pieces are those that can be seen so her legs covered by her pants are cloth but her feet are porcelain since you can see them. I'll post a picture later of them if I remember.
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:31 pm
I forgot to reply here last night. thunk

Tam-Ok I asked in my thread. XD

Hanahime-It's very kind of you to say we can hog your thread. XD I'm just very glad that we've gotten to talk to you lately. Very Happy

She sounds really pretty. I don't have many Disney things. I'd like to get a small collection eventually when I have room. I have such fond memories of Disney movies and characters.
Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:09 pm
Aww, thanks, Hime! And yes. She does sound pretty. When I was a kid I was fascinated by dolls with that construction. I was a strange kid. *says the woman still fascinated by doll construction*

https://trrrpt.imgur.com/all/ You can see various of my dolls here, and I count the avatars and game characters as dolls too. lol You probably have to cut and paste to see the pictures.

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:03 pm
Tam I love the one with elf ears and purple hair! Very Happy
Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:41 pm
*looks at the page*

Elf ears and purple hair? OH! You mean the little RL doll hugging her own doll?

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:51 pm
Yeah (I had to look). XD I didn't even notice that she had a little doll of her own because it's so tiny. So cute! Very Happy
Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:01 am
I may as well let you two keep it alive for when I wander away so it's here when I come back.

I got her as a gift when I was a little girl before I appreciated her so she's a little beat up since I took her hair down then rebraided it since it's not Jasmine without the braid. I removed the rubber band that kept jewelry on her. I was rather obsessed with jasmine when little so I got that doll. and I forgot pictures. I can get on of the Jasmine one at least since it is a collector item but the other two will have to be taken by me.

Tama: I watch videos on doll repaints and seeing how they do some of the modifications on the dolls is pretty cool.
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:41 pm
True. XD

That is a beautiful doll! Hanahime it's ok that your Jasmine was well-loved. XD I know my stuffed animals were. Lol I even have one of my Mom's old dolls. It is not very pretty at this point, but, to be fair, she was never the most attractive doll to begin with. XD
Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:09 pm
Rayven, that's Anna. She's a 25cm Obitsu with the soft body with medium bust. The little doll I made myself using the lampwork glass bead with eyes that someone sent me. It's a lot like the dolls I used to make up patterns for when I was a little kid, and it turned out just the right size for Anna to hold. My friend Den painted Anna's face and made her wig.

Hime, love just makes dolls better. Your Jasmine is beautiful, and I bet the bit of wear makes her even more so. I have a well loved child Jasmine standing on my kitchen counter, waiting for the day that she can be mailed to my friend Den, who loves the 18 inch dolls, and who also likes Jasmine a lot. She's thinking of maybe making child Jasmine an outfit that is more authentic to her area and time period. I had forgotten about Jasmine's bare belly, so I can see that your doll has even more interesting construction than most porcelains! Are her eyes painted or inset?

I watch the doll repaint videos too, some of them. XD Though it bothers me when I see someone grab a rarer MH that I know people are looking for, cut off its ears, and then paint it to look like a human. I won't watch those videos.

Buahaha, we are the custodians of Hime's place.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 5 of 16