is being a bisexual better that being straight?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, , 3, 4, 5  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> The Scholar's Room [Nov.'19]
Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:32 pm
I THINK BOTH IS OKAY
Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:14 pm
I don't think either of them are better. I mean being bisexual means you have a LOT more of a chance to meet someone because you aren't restricted to one gender, but it's not better in the way you are putting it.

Sevenspire will love you for ever and ever if you help him <3
Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:39 pm
Well, they both have their ups and downs. I'm Bisexual. I've fallen for my best friend before, but she was straight.
That really sucked.
Being bisexual, you really just have twice the chance of being rejected, and twice the chance of finding someone. That being said, I really don't think either one is really better.
Although, a lot of people at my school like to call me a ho because I'm bisexual Rolling Eyes They say that I'd have sex with anyone who breathes. Rolling Eyes
Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:21 pm
I hate when people are so closed-minded to assume bi- or pansexuality is akin to promiscuity. I'm pansexual, but that in no way means I **** everything with a pulse; it just means I don't take into consideration stupid superficial categories like race and gender when choosing a partner.

I get what you mean though; I would really hate to fall for a straight woman and have her reject me on the basis of my sex... but I guess it's not a lot different from all the other superficial rejection we've all suffered. It's a lot like being rejected because you're too fat or your hair is the wrong color. If you can't take the time to look beyond the surface, then it's your loss, isn't it?
Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:33 pm
I don't think that's the same at all. If it was as easy as "look beyond the surface", then there wouldn't be straight and gay and bisexual and whatnot people at all. I'm straight myself, and I'm simply not attracted to women. That's not a "stupid superficial category", I just don't have any sexual interest in females (much like I don't have any interest in dogs, cars, roses, children, trees, fish, whatever). They can still be awesome people, and in fact, pretty much everything is more important to me than looks, but that's something entirely different.

Considering your sexuality, I understand it's probably hard to imagine that other people have that kind of restrictions, but it's not like we choose to be that way. Calling it stupid is kind of insulting. =/

EDIT: If you truly want to get rid of any kind of categories, you must be able to feel exactly the same for everyone and everything in the world, and I don't believe that's something humans will ever be capable of.

Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:42 pm
I don't think one particular gender love better than another gender love. I think that love sould be treated equally. Heart
Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:21 am
I do not think that one is better than the other, you can find happiness with someone or get your heart broken either way when it comes to relationships and romance.

no matter what you perfer, someone is out there that will love you.

you can be straight and fall in love with a gay person and get rejected. you can be gay and fall for a straight person and get rejected. heck be bi and get rejected by both.

the chances for happiness and rejection are probably about the same i would say.
Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:44 am
yea i would have to agreewith Spiced

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:00 am
I don't think one is better than the other. I also don't think people have a choice. In the end you will wind up being what you are supposed to be.
Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:31 am
Mentally I think it's better to be bisexual, because if you're straight and attracted to someone that's the same sex, that could easily ruin your day.

Socially it is probably in most circles more benificial to be straight. It's stupid and bias, but that's the way the world skews currently.

Morally is a whole different cup of tea, because it depends on your beliefs and background. This I would consider in the same category as social to some extent. We learn morals from our social bacground.

I consider myself Bi, but I've never actually hada relationship with the same sex, I'm just not particular other than the fact that men's personalites more often appeal to me than women's (in an attraction sense.)
Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:04 am
I normally don't venture into other forums other then my beloved hero realm..Smile but I seen this question and thought I would comment.

Is Bi better then straight that would solely depend on each individuals sexual choice, You asked a person who is Bi they would probably tell you they have the best off both worlds. I don't think either is better then the other its solely each persons choice. You should have also include being gay is that better then the ones that are stated here. No its not again its choice. I have a saying and I say it quite often and right now it seems the right thing to say.."If we were all the same what a boring world we would live in"..
Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:59 pm
This gets mixed up with two separate things.

There is love and then there is lust.

Love should know no bounds.

Lust should not be forced on others.
Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:54 am
I definitely do not believe it to be "better". Why would it be, 'cause you can love more people?

I think it matters more that you find your "soulmate" if I may call it that way and gender shouldn't be an issue... :>

I'm only talking about love though, totally agree with the points FallenSeraph made up here.
Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:23 am
It doesn't really matter whether what sex is the person you love. Yes, there is some cases when the love is only one-sided but that also happens with heterosexual relationships.
Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:12 am
I am a person that believes love is love, regardless of gender.
I grew up with the same aspect, even when I was a young child.
Even though my family highly emphasized that "gays go to hell" I believed otherwise.

Each person is entitled to their own opinion, or sexual preference.
Bisexual people have a tendency to be a bit more relaxed with themselves, though.
Page 4 of 5