is being a bisexual better that being straight?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, , 3, 4, 5  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> The Scholar's Room [Nov.'19]
Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:34 am
I don't think being either/or is better than the other. It's more about finding someone who will love you for you. Gay, straight, lesbian or bisexual, you are bound to find someone who is that person. You are just as likely to meet people who aren't interested in you no matter your preference.
Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:17 pm
Neither one is better. All that matters is that you love the person. Very Happy
Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:47 am
Being Bi is the same as being straight or Homosexual. Your gonna have your ups and downs. Your gonna love someone who doesn't love you back, however being Bi in my opinion leaves you with more options to finding "The One" whether they be straight and opposite gender or same gender or Bi and opposite gender or same gender. I am Bi by the way as is my Mate.

Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:59 am
Depends on your outlook. Optimist or Pessimist, or perhaps some deranged combination of both.

Also depends on whether you give a crap.
Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:35 pm
It's not better. It's not worse. It depends on the person.
Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:43 pm
Love is love. End of story.
Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:55 pm
your sexual orientation doesn't make you any better than anyone else.
Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:36 pm
I like being straight. I have never done anymore with a girl than kiss her (girls are good kissers). I could never imagine going anywhere else on a girl. I don't know it just seems a little odd to me. I don't think at least for a girl it is any better because a guy can give a girl pretty much the same things but with one extra added thing. as for men girls cannot do the same thing men do to other men so hey if they are into it then let it go. I definitely don't have anything against gays and bisexuals I have quite a few friends that participate in this life style and I think it is great that it is so much easier for them to come out of the closet now a days. Back in the olden days no one would dare admit it but know you can pretty much tell who is who and feel free to talk about who you are instead of hiding in a closet. So I guess for me no there is no extra benefits to being bisexual as opposed to being straight.
Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:46 am
One isn't automatically better than the other. You have the same chance of being rejected or finding your true love/s.
Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:57 pm
I know I'm just singing the same old tune, but I honestly don't see how one or the other is better or worse. For me, there are no legal issues attached. In Canada, same-sex marriage is legal, and at least where I live, you're accepted for whoever you are.

I'm not sure exactly who I am right now--still in that nice, awkward stage of adolescence--but I just don't care. No matter what I find myself to be in the future, I have no fears of acceptance. My family, or at least those who I am close to, will be fine with whoever I am. If I find myself wanting to marry someone of the same sex in the future, I'll be perfectly able to.
Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:19 am
I don't that either way is better or worse than the other.

Personally, I don't agree with being bisexual or gay, but that's just me and I wouldn't hold someone's sexuality against them should they like both males and females.

I myself am straight, and I was brought up in a family where it's not frowned upon to be gay, but it's not exactly accepted either. However, plenty of my close friends are either bisexual or gay and express their opinions about such things openly.

One of my (adopted) cousins, who was raised in a purely catholic family ended up becoming a lesbian and I saw how she felt when her family shunned her for how she happened to be. Something I found to be absolutely horrible, considering her parents adopted her and raised her her entire life but the instant they found out about her orientation they refused to accept her any longer. They eventually accepted her back into their family but the initial failure to be accepted caused irreperable damage to her relationship with her adoptive parents.

I completely disagree however with how society treats those that it finds to be gay. Shunning them and occassionally being scared for their lives due to the commonness of homophobia in many states and countries all over the world. I've seen many people both in life and television who are treated drastically different by society the instant their "preferences" come out. It just doesn't seem right to me.

Everyone should be treated equally as far as I'm concerned, regardless of their gender, race, age and orientation. It shouldn't be a question of whether coming out of the closet will ruin a carefully constructed life and people will treat them differently as a result of such.
Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:22 am
That's kind of like asking if it's better to have brown eyes or blue. You are what you are, with all of your qualities and attributes. What's important is to try to be the best YOU possible.
Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:07 am
I'm with a lot of people in this thread who say that neither of them is better than the other. Your preference is your preference and it's your choice to figure our which one is best suited for you.
If you are having a lot of trouble with being bisexual, than maybe it's a good choice to just be straight or even abstain from it all till you can handle it. Being unhappy with something could be a good hint that it's maybe not the right thing for you ^^' Not saying that one should give up easily, but yeah, if it's really too much to handle then try something else :3

Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:23 am
I am straight and never had any feelings for a woman whateoever or even been curious. However I can see the merits of being bisexual. You have double the chance of finding your soul mate I guess. I just would prefer mine to come in the male form please XD

There's that smirk... dang that is hot!
Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:44 pm
Or is it Lady Chaos? xD
Maybe a bisexual actually needs to scope out every fish in the sea instead of half of the sea Razz

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> The Scholar's Room [Nov.'19] All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, , 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5