Hurt so Good [B]Easter EI + April DIs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1958, 1959  Next
Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:11 am
oh nice. :]
haha yeah, i guess they probably would start to taste the same if you have them all the time. XD

Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:13 am
I think he doesn't like the white ones because the remind him of the generic , cheap, pasteurized, etc etc white eggs that one might get on subsidized food, such as at a school? He thinks they have less nutritional value than brown eggs. XD
But really if they were from your own chickens they would be the same as any other color egg. XD Husbands are just silly that way.....

The brown ones have a more home-grown feel for me i guess. Growing up my mom always had chickens in the back yard and they were rhode island reds, they gave fat brown yummy eggs. XD
But yeah, you do get spoiled when you have your own eggs to grab when you are cooking...i find i bake a lot more and make a lot more eggy goodies and stuff when they aren't so expensive to obtain. XD

Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:33 pm
They are silly! It was just surprising for me since I never once questioned the taste of eggs or that a particular color would remind someone of their value and taste.

It could be also from how the chickens are raised. Usually white eggs come from factories and bad environments for the hens, where as brown ones will usually come from local farmers who do raise the animals well.

But you can always tell which came from wear because they'll be poop stains on the shells LOL! That's how you know they're legit. Now with milk I can definitely taste, see and smell a difference between once I got on a true local farm and one that's manufactured. IMO it's worth to get from farms.

Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:59 pm
@ plaid- I can see why he would think like that.
yeah brown eggs seem more home grown to me too, maybe cause i don't see them in the store as much.

@ ivy- its funny how people think based on how they are raised.
eww i dont wanna think about my eggs with poop on them. XD

Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:04 pm
No no Boo not with poop. But after you wash the egg shell to get the poop and dirt off there's always brown stains on them. The eggs will be clean but never look it. We use dawn and warm water to get rid of bacteria and mess so when it's time to eat them we aren't getting sick nor eating anything other than egg.

Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:06 pm
haha i know. XD but its weird to think that it was ever on them.
but yeah I was going to say its not like your eating the shells either anyway.

Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:14 pm
I've recently came to love the egg whites when cooking. I'll use the yolk for some kind of extra meal or cook and feed my animals. The white I'll make into omelets or sweet dessert and it doesn't taste too sugary for me.

Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:17 pm
mmm.. o:
yeah me starting to use eggs in my cooking is the best thing I've ever done.

what animals do you have?

Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:58 pm
Yep, it all has to do with the quality of food and what the chickens eat. My mom always liked to feed hers grass clippings, she said it made the yolks nice and yellow. At that time her chickens lived in an enclosure and just ate whatever we threw in there for them. I think it would be neat to have them a little more free range. My husband was telling me about this thing he calls a "chicken tractor" where you have a coop enclosure on wheels and roll them about the yard when they have enough of one spot. I think it sounds like a neat idea, although where we live its a little uneven and rocky, so you would have to be careful that it wasn't uneven enough that they could escape. We would have to have the chickens close to our house as well, because there are other hazards such as mongoose and neighboring animals that we would have to watch out for.

Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:15 pm
I have two dogs, two ducks, 4 geese, and about 20+ chickens. We had a lot more animals than this but they all passed away due to old age. My family decided that we are not going to get any more pets after this group except for a few chickens to keep producing eggs.

Our hearts can only break for so long after the death of our loved furries and featheries.

Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:25 am
@ plaid- I was always afraid of animals getting to my ducks. :[

@ Ivy- aww nice! i used to have ducks, they were the best. :3
aww thats sad. :[

Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:24 pm
It is a wonderful experience though because almost all of our pets are rescues from bad environments. Those that don't want to leave stay here under our care and ownership. Those that want to leave are given to great and trusting homes.

WishingMoon

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:51 pm
You know the only reason eggs can get you sick is because of the way they are processed. Farm raised eggs don't even really need to be refrigerated.

So, poopy eggs all the way.

We use to have one of Plaid's "chicken tractor" type cages.

We also had chickens that laid green and blue eggs.

Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:07 pm
Farm raised don't need to be until you wash them since cleaning the eggs is really wiping off the layer that protect the eggs.

Poopy eggs is definitely the best you can get. LOL

We have an enclosure build because we ended up with over 40 chickens at one point and had to extend the pen. Also predators suddenly figured our house was their personal buffet.

I don't think I've ever seen a blue egg. Unless our green eggs are actually blue but the pigments look similar. Hmmmm

WishingMoon

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:44 pm
The color is very dull.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1958, 1959  Next
Page 1955 of 1959