Housecleaning bots & spammers / Banned? {Read this}
Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:38 pm

General announcement / FYI -

I have been doing some housecleaning of bots and spammers that have found our site... which means that I've been doing some fairly serious IP Blocking and Banning (this morning in particular).

**IF YOU FIND YOURSELF suddenly BLOCKED or BANNED, just contact me at either Admin@ or Blazestorm@ Zantarni and we'll sort it out. I'm tired of chasing down spammers and bots, and although I don't think I caught any of our valid players in my blocking and banning spree, there's always the possibility that I did. If so, I apologize. Just email me with info I can use to verify your identity and validate your account (account name, email address associated with it, etc.)

Thanks.
bohemian

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:43 pm
Saw this on facebook. Yes

I'm surprised that I hadn't noticed any scammers or bots posting...unless they were doing other sneaky things that I couldn't see. Confused

But it is great to know that you are always on top of this issue. Yes

Long live the Blaze! Luffles
Rayven: *gets hit in the face with some underwear* Wow Bo sure likes to get naked! XD
Riley: Bo, the Goat Whisperer. XD
9018/10000
QueenBlaze

Knight of Zantarni
Queen Blaze (mule)
Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:50 pm
They've been doing other sneaky things that you guys haven't been seeing...

BUT...
    ... if you see a name on the "who's online" list that almost seems like it could be a valid username, followed by a number (Cartayaes50, Riedees30, etc.), please let me or Scarz know immediately (include the username).

... if you run in to a profile page that is often not in English (they mostly seem to be Slavic, although sometimes it's English), and mostly blank except for perhaps a paragraph that contains an off-site link, please let us know immediately (& do not click the link! Who knows what's on the other side of it!?!)

bohemian wrote:
... it is great to know that you are always on top of this issue. Yes

Long live the Blaze! Luffles

LOL. Thanks. I try. But I'm definitely not the only one who has been dealing with and trying to stem off this mess. Heart

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:07 pm
Bo shall keep her eyes open. Yes
Rayven: *gets hit in the face with some underwear* Wow Bo sure likes to get naked! XD
Riley: Bo, the Goat Whisperer. XD
9018/10000
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:02 am
Thanks for letting us know. Pesky scammers. Mad

I checked my mule accounts too and they are also ok. I shall keep my eyes open too. Yes

Queen of the Realm
Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:34 am
Your accounts should not be in any danger. These people (bots, really) are just trying to post links to their spam sites ...

Thank you for keeping your eyes open, but please don't worry about it too much. Having to chase down these random links and accounts is just a nuisance more than anything Yes
TurtleSensei

Long-term Citizen
Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:09 am
oh whoa. that is crazy. I am sorry i'm not on here much! I love you guys though!

Queen of the Realm
Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:53 pm
It's annoying, Turtle, but it happens.
We love & miss you too! Good to see you popping by - although briefly! Yes
TurtleSensei

Long-term Citizen
Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:07 am
Thanks Blaze! I've had to focus on other avi sites. Not making much money since I'm on disability now, and my husband had to stop working to be my caregiver. We're working on getting him paid for that, but until then, I'm doing art commissions to make ends meet and he's doing freelance writing work. So I've been focusing on art groups on Reddit and avi sites that allow me to sell for IRL money at the moment.

I do need to come on here more often to just chat though! I miss so many of you.

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:26 pm
It's good to see you Turtle! Very Happy

Queen of the Realm
Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:28 pm

UPDATE: I am continuing my battle against the spammers, and am having to do a little more guess-work now that the obvious ones are gone... so again, if you find yourself suddenly banned or blocked, just email me at Blazestorm@ or Admin@ Zantarni and I'll get you reinstated ASAP.

And, just for my own sanity, do we have any players coming from Poland, Ukraine, Korea, Ecuador, Cambodia, Russia, Romania, or South Africa ...?? Confused (Please feel free to PM me if you do come from one of these areas and don't want to post it here; my knowing that we have players from some of these places would be helpful in this "battle", however)
TurtleSensei

Long-term Citizen
Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:39 am
Rayven wrote:
It's good to see you Turtle! Very Happy

good to see you too!!
Page 1 of 1