Hey, what's wrong? (Dorothy84 and liz795)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, , 3, 4, 5  Next
Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:39 am
"It's fine. So, you figured out what I am now," Alistair says in a serious tone, looking down now. "There's a reason I'm suppressing it. It could be very dangerous if I accidentally lost control. People would probably accept you more than they would accept me, possibly even trying to attack me out of fear."
Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:52 am
"Then that is why you must unleash it." Noemi was serious too. "If it is dangerous to lose control, then you must learn to temper it." She smiled. "I can help." She took his hands in hers. "If people found out that my family was made of demons they would simply make their own assumptions and lash out in fear. It doesn't matter what power I hold so long as the word 'demon' is associated with destruction and death." She hesitantly reached a gentle hand to Alistair's face, resting it on the side of his jaw and pulling his gaze up to meet hers. "You do not look at me with fear, so I will not let you look at yourself in fear. I love you, Alistair." Her other hand still squeezed his. "Won't you let me help you?"
Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:56 am
Alistair tries to look away. "I'm not sure how you could help me. There is a major risk with with my powers. Almost anywhere it'll cause destruction, so I'm not even sure where I could train. Also, the training itself would attract attention. Plus, I don't think our kinds work well together..."
Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:03 am
Noemi raised an eyebrow. "Please tell me what's happening with you, Alistair." She said, concerned. "There is a hidden room in this cave, if you need it. My family has used it for training with the earth, pushing rocks about with great force. It is large, open and barren of plants and wildlife. Would that help?"
Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:08 am
"Maybe. I think it would be better if there were no plants around. They would be destroyed by me if they were," Alistair responded. He didn't really want to say that his kind would destroyed all her kind love. He wasn't sure if she would still want to help, or even be near him, if she learned about it.
Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:18 am
Noemi wasn't ready to back down just yet. "Alistair... What is it you refuse to tell me about your power?" Her look began to sadden, again. He didn't trust her. She had offered her deepest darkest secrets to him and still he refused to open his heart in return. The more she thought about it... she was rushing to conclusions. He was resisting his own powers. He feared himself. She smiled at him again. "No... it's alright. You don't have to tell me. But when you do want to talk, when you feel ready to accept what you have become and come to me or even my other family members for help, I will be there to listen and support you. I love you, Alistair, and no matter what happens to you I will stand by you. Please understand that."
Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:24 am
"I understand. Thank you for that," he says, smiling back. "I'm just... ugh. It's so hard to say it..." He seemed to have so many fixed feelings about this. He decided to go a certain way with telling her. "Is there specific type of demons you and your family dislike?"
Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:33 am
"Only those who would dare to destroy mother nature's balancing act." Her expression was neutral, like she was reading facts from a text book. "Those who would throw curses around or raise the dead, or those who would deliberately kill, torture or destroy the homes of people or animals alike. Of course, every member of my family has a unique ability. I live harmoniously with the plants and trees of the forest, my brother with the beasts and critters, my father with the winds, and mother with fungi, rot and natural death. All elements are connected to nature in one way or another."

"Why?" She tilted her head. "Do you think our powers will clash?"
Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:37 am
"Well, my powers are more connected with destruction. I could destroy a town and hurt many people if I wanted to, which I don't. If not watched over, it could get out of control easily, and could take a long time to stop. I'm sure our powers wouldn't work together..."
Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:54 am
"Hmmm..." Noemi had a hand on her chin. "Destructive, you say." She looked down to a corner of the room where a large stone with a strange symbol on it was now revealed, the plants and roots around it moving away. She came down to a lower branch which slowly, gently swayed and bent downwards, allowing her to reach the ground quickly and smoothly. She approached the large round stone from the side and began trying to push it. "NRRGH!" She wasn't really known for her physical strength, even in demon form. "RRRGH!!" She pushed again, though the stone did not budge. She stepped back and panted. "Please be patient with me..." She smiled up at Alistair, then returned to the stone. "HRRRRGH!!" She stopped. "That's it! I give up! Floria?" She called to the tree, and a huge root that had been laying out of the ground near the stone reached over and easily rolled the door out of the way, revealing an ancient stone staircase. "Ah, there we are! Won't you join me, Alistair?"
Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:59 am
"Sure, I guess," Alistair says, jumping off the branch he was on. He walked over to where the stone was. "Is this the way to the training room you were talking about? If so, why are you coming with me? I don't want you to get hurt or scared or anything," he said, saddened by thoughts of what might happen if he lost control and she was there at the time, or what may happen when she sees what he can do.
Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:20 am
Noemi was strangely cheery. "Actually, this one is a bit different than the one I had explained before." She seemed almost excited. "This way!" She rushed down the stairs, a blue glow coming off of her dress and skin to light the way. When she reached the bottom, she stepped aside and pulled a large lever on the ground which lit several torches all around the room.

The entire thing was almost barren, except for the strange structure way at the back. It was built out of very strong materials, and looked like a tall box that could hold several people in it.

Noemi ran to the box and stepped inside. "Stay there. I want to show you this. I hope it still works... Now where is that lever...?" She searched the inside of the box for a moment until she found it, just behind and to the side of where she stood. "Ah, here we are!" She pulled it, and the entrance to the box closed and sealed itself using parts from great beasts and insects. Then the large dragon hide that made a square on the top half of the door pulled away, revealing a see through indestructible material straight our of a wilderbeast carcass. With this see through membrane in place, Alistair would have noticed Noemi, safely sealed inside, struggling with another lever, her feet on the wall to give her more pull. When it finally gave the seal on the Wilderbeast shell gave, allowing it to open slightly and make speach possible. Noemi fell to the ground in a heap, but waved that she was alright.

She picked herself up and brushed herself off. "Well? What do you think? Sealable for safety, see through for viewing and nearly completely indestructible!" She knocked on the wall. "This cave was made eons ago as a safe haven for demons of all kinds to help them discover the inner strengths of their own individual selves, as well as their allies and friends." Being born a demon, she was rather knowledgeable about the subject, and proud of it. "You can try it here. You will not hurt me. At least not while I'm in this structure."
Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:27 am
Alistair stares at the dragon-like thing, confused as to what it was or how it worked. Soon his shock was over. "Alright I guess. Now, I'm not sure exactly how to use my powers, having no time to test them since," he admitted to her, hoping that using his powers would be the same or at least similar to her using her powers. He wasn't that sure it would be, but he thought it would be more helpful that way.
Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:32 am
"We all have a first time." Noemi assured him. "Just let it out. Focus on that feeling of power inside of you and release it, let it pour forward." She struggled with another lever which eventually sealed the entrance to the room. "I'm going to seal this container now, ok? You can do it, just relax..." She smiled at him and pulled the lever to seal the shell again, making her safe for the time being. She waited and wathced carefully.
Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:37 am
Alistair nodded, then tried focusing on finding his power. It was weird for him with how he tried suppressing it, but soon he found it, and started preparing to use it. Soon small flames started to appeared, that soon grow bigger. Alistair looks at the flames sadly, now reassured that his powers were the ones he feared he had. He nervously looked up at Noemi to see her reaction, fearing the worst.
Page 3 of 5