Help? Devestated need awareness pic done!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> Freebie Shops [Nov.'19]
Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:40 am
Hello... Today was a horrible day for me. My baby pomeranian puppy who was 13 weeks old was killed. My 10 yrs old wasnt paying attention and she ran under the recliner to get her ball that the kids were throwing. My son jumped in the chair not thinking about it and it came down crushing her skull instantly. I loved her so much i am so devistated and depressed right now. She was so amazing and wonderful i dont want her loss to be in vain. I would like to get an awareness picture made with a recliner and i wanted it to say "Recliners kill pets! Dont be a victim. In memory of molly..."

If anyone can help me with this i would be so greatful. I dont know how to do it or i would do it myself. Please let me know if you are willing to help as i would like to start posting it asap. My baby girl deserved better than whats happened to her. This is a good way to focus my grief.

Last edited by Irishrain on Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scarz

Defender of the Realm
Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:24 am
My deepest sympathies, milady. I had a friend lose a kitten to a recliner in an accident very similar to that. They definitely are dangerous and more people need to be aware of it.
Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:59 pm
Thank you sir scarz. Last night was one of the toughest nights i have ever been through. I feel as though my child has died! I am so grief stricken from her loss. It makes me angry and physically ill. I have not been placing blame because i dont want my son to have to know he killed her due to negligence. But i cant help still being so angry about it. I want to lash out and scream and unleash the terror of devistation. Becuase she was so amazing. Everyone that met her was so taken by her and so in awe. She pranced she didnt walk, She did tricks by dancing and hopping. She made gutteral squeals of delite, she would nibble on your ears and make grunting sounds like she was nursing! But above all else she was ALWAYS happy. She smiled! She had a very special spirit. One that was to good to stay here. I am also angry about that with god. I dont understand why he took her away from me when she brought me so much internal joy. I am so proud of her, she was evrything anyone could have ever wanted in a pet. Bar none.
Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:02 am
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss Irish...
*hugs*

My experience wasn't quite as sudden and tragic as yours, but I recently lost my beloved ferret, Stealie Sunshine, and I felt for him the way you described how you felt for her, like he was the most amazing pet and friend that anyone could ever have... He was elderly when he passed, so it was different, but it was not a peaceful death, so in that sense it was sort of the same...
But yeah, I'm so very sorry to hear about that, and I hope that you find what you are looking for with the art... I wish I could make you something myself, but I really don't think I know how to make something like this...

Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:55 am
I have been looking on how to do it and i just cant figure it out! I am so frustrated with it. I want this so bad for her. I am trying to heal but its making it harder because its taking so long to get some help. Not that i am complaining i am just heart broken and i need this image done so bad. I hope someone can come through for me soon.
Scarz

Defender of the Realm
Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:05 am
I am not sure if this is what thou art looking for Milady. . .I am no artist, I hope this will help until an artist answers your plea.

Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:50 pm
THANK YOU SO FLIPPEN MUCH! That is EXACTLY what i needed. I am in tears right now seeing this. It means more than you could know to me. THank you so much more than i can even express. <3
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:42 am
-hugs Irish- I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.
While this is a terribly sad event, there is a small bit of goodness that came from it. I was using my recliner last night (which I never use) and when I went to close it, this thread came to mind. I made sure I knew where the kitten was before I closed it. -hugs again- I hope that the banner will make others aware too.
Scarz

Defender of the Realm
Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:01 am
I am glad you like it, milady, it was an honor to do this for you and for Molly.
Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:29 am
@Riley Thank you for letting me know you remembered this post and checked. Again i am crying and a mess. I just cannot deal with this at all. I posted the crap out of that pic all over Facebook and myspace. Alot of my friends where so glad to see someone had helped me. (thank you again a million times over Sir scarz) My husband started to cry when he saw it too. He also said thank you. I know i may sound dramatic and what not but no one can possibly know how it feels to pull your most beleoved pet from underneath a recliner wither her whole face an head caved in. Jaw ascue,... images that will NEVER fade from my memory. I really wish i had something to take this pain away. My mom said i needed to see my Doctor to get help for this. I said it was better today but its not. Its not better. Its not ok! i dont understnad why.

Sorry i am ranting and venting so much i cant help it. I have no one to talk to about it and when i talked to my mom i couldnt do anything more than cry. I need to get a rock and paint her name on it because we buried her in my moms yard with a few other pets that died from old age. I think thats why this is so hard for me. Not only because i loved her and she was amazing and young.. but because of the way she died. My last thoughts and images of her. I feel like i am all alone.
Scarz

Defender of the Realm
Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:51 am
Milady, I must tell thee, thou art not alone. . .I googled "pets killed by recliner" and there are so many others who have also suffered the loss of a loved one.

I truly hope that the warning helps and I am so glad to hear that Lady Riley thought of this thread as she got off the recliner last night. This really is something that people should be aware of.

I know that what you have seen cannot be unseen and your Mom may be right about seeing your Doctor to get help; remembering Molly prancing about, doing her tricks and nibbling on your ear. . .remembering her special spirit and her smile, those things may also help.

Have you ever heard of The Rainbow Bridge?

Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:43 pm
You did a nice job of the pic Sir Scarz... Yes

Irish, if you would like this message shared, I could post it on Facebook for others to see... Yes

And I've heard of the Rainbow Bridge, it brings me to tears every time...
Crying or Very sad

Defender of the Realm
Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:45 pm
Me, too, Lady Shugga. . .me, too.

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:31 am
I know what it's like to have those images in your head. I used to work at a veterinary hospital and I could tell you some stories about what I saw while working there. That is one of the hardest things to deal with. It's okay that it's not better today. It's only natural to feel like this. Our pets usually become our furry children and when they are gone, it is devastating. There isn't any shame in seeing a doctor for help with the grieving process.

I think the painted rock is a good idea. When my pets pass, I usually end up making banners for them on my laptop. I find the process a little calming and in a way, it helps me with saying good-bye. It also helps me to remember that while my pets were with me, I gave them a warm home and a loving touch. And when they saw me every day, they were so very happy. I guess what I'm trying to say is, remember the good memories and times you and Molly shared.
Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:48 am
Irish, I feel your pain about the images you cannot get out of your head... I haven't spoken about this much because its just so hard, but when my Stealie passed, it wasn't an easy death at all... He had violent seizures and screamed in pain, it was unbearable for me to see... I still see and hear that on occasion, but I assure you, it will start to fade away after awhile and it won't be so much on your mind... The best thing to do I've found is when I think like that, I force myself to think of something sweet or adorable or funny that he did, because those thoughts and memories are more powerful really, because they brought me so much joy when he was here... Yes
Page 1 of 2