Hello and how are you today?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Back to Forum -> Citizens' Halls
UtterlyWeird
View user's profile
Send private message

Established Citizen
Reply with quote
Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:10 pm
I'd be grateful for coherent tomorrow. 6_9
_________________
I am Tam. Tam I am, I like green eggs but I don't like ham.

Reply with quote
Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:18 pm
Awww being sick for Christmas is awful! Hope you feel better soon!

In other news, I'm gonna write a 2 weeks notice resignation note/letter over Christmas weekend and am a bundle of nerves right now because I'll have to have a meeting with the boss on Monday to discuss it and hopefully work it out where I can keep one of my jobs there while quitting the one I want to. XP
It makes me incredibly anxious especially from a financial point, but will be so much better for my mental health.
_________________
UtterlyWeird
View user's profile
Send private message

Established Citizen
Reply with quote
Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:39 pm
Thanks, Kaderin. I'm praying for you.
_________________
I am Tam. Tam I am, I like green eggs but I don't like ham.

Blazestorm
View user's profile
Send private message

Queen of the Realm
Reply with quote
Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:22 pm

Happy St. Yorick's Day, everyone.
I hope everyone has a relaxing and enjoyable holiday.
Heart

silverygit
View user's profile
Send private message

Long-term Citizen
Reply with quote
Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:04 pm
To be 100% honest it sucks that I respect the government's restrictions, but I have received an outpour of love from my inner and outer circles <3 So I am okay.

I don't think I'll be able to collect enough candy canes to actually have all the holidays items, but at least I'll get a few.

I hope you are all having a not too depressing holidays!
_________________
Rayven
View user's profile
Send private message

Dedicated Citizen
Reply with quote
Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:59 pm
Tam-Are you any better yet?







Kaderin Triste wrote:

In other news, I'm gonna write a 2 weeks notice resignation note/letter over Christmas weekend and am a bundle of nerves right now because I'll have to have a meeting with the boss on Monday to discuss it and hopefully work it out where I can keep one of my jobs there while quitting the one I want to. XP
It makes me incredibly anxious especially from a financial point, but will be so much better for my mental health.







I'll pray for you too, Kaderin. I'm sure it will work out. Very Happy You gotta do, what you gotta do.







Happy St. Yorick's Day, Queen Blaze!







Silvery-I'm glad you're making it through the holidays. Just let us know what you need from the event items if you don't get all of them. Very Happy
_________________
silverygit
View user's profile
Send private message

Long-term Citizen
Reply with quote
Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:21 pm
Rayven wrote:
Tam-Are you any better yet?

Kaderin Triste wrote:

In other news, I'm gonna write a 2 weeks notice resignation note/letter over Christmas weekend and am a bundle of nerves right now because I'll have to have a meeting with the boss on Monday to discuss it and hopefully work it out where I can keep one of my jobs there while quitting the one I want to. XP
It makes me incredibly anxious especially from a financial point, but will be so much better for my mental health.


I'll pray for you too, Kaderin. I'm sure it will work out. Very Happy You gotta do, what you gotta do.

Happy St. Yorick's Day, Queen Blaze!

Silvery-I'm glad you're making it through the holidays. Just let us know what you need from the event items if you don't get all of them. Very Happy


Thank you <3 well I have a bunch of items I can exchange for them :3 if any is of interest hehe I made a thread in the castle's bazaar. Smile
_________________
Rayven
View user's profile
Send private message

Dedicated Citizen
Reply with quote
Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:59 pm
silverygit wrote:

Thank you <3 well I have a bunch of items I can exchange for them :3 if any is of interest hehe I made a thread in the castle's bazaar. Smile






No problem. Very Happy I saw that but I would rather just give you the items. I'd hate to take something older from you for new items.

We still have some time before the event will be over. Would you be willing to send me a list of what you still need when the event has only a couple of days left? Or you could just post it in the the Event Helper thread. I might check in with you between now and then too.
_________________
Reply with quote
Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:19 pm
Thanks for the positive wishes everyone! I have on my hands a very short, to the point resignation letter. Just have to wait until Monday to deliver it and hope that she allows me to keep my front desk position (which I was never actually hired for tbh, it just sort of got tacked onto my job duties).
She seems pretty level-headed and hiring for 1 position is easier than for 2 positions, so I doubt it'll be an issue, but my stomach is still tied up in knots. I haven't actually quit a job in like 12-13 years. (I generally just work until the businesses close and everyone gets laid off it seems tbh...>.>)
_________________
Rayven
View user's profile
Send private message

Dedicated Citizen
Reply with quote
Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:36 pm
I hope she'll take the fact that you're reliable into account. I'm sure she will. Very Happy
_________________
Reply with quote
Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:35 am
Idk. She, like the other main boss I've had at this job, probably doesn't consider me that reliable. At least in some aspects, though those pretty much all have to do with the job I'm quitting so... *shrug*
I guess we'll see.
If she decides to drop me from both jobs, well...I have a month to find a new part time job then.

Update in case anyone is wondering:

Had brief meeting with the boss today regarding my resignation. She was really chill and glad to keep me on as front desk staff and was just genuinely happy that I was doing what was in my own best interest/what was healthier for me. So as of January 8th, I will no longer be a janitor!
_________________
Rayven
View user's profile
Send private message

Dedicated Citizen
Reply with quote
Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:17 pm
Congrats, Kaderin! Very Happy I'm glad it went well for you.

My dad was a janitor at a school for several years after he retired from the job he had most of his life. I think he liked certain aspects of it but it was stressful for him too. Mostly because they kept tacking on more things to do and he didn't have time to do the ones he already had.
_________________
Reply with quote
Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:51 pm
Yeah, that was one of my major complaints with it too. They kept changing around the tasks and adding more without adding more time for me to get things done and then getting upset when I'd miss/skip stuff.
There were other issues too, but that was definitely a big one.
_________________
Rayven
View user's profile
Send private message

Dedicated Citizen
Reply with quote
Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:19 am
I can imagine. Well, you don't have to worry about it much longer. Very Happy

Are you going to need another part time job or can you make it on just the other two?
_________________
Reply with quote
Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:48 pm
Not sure yet tbh.
If my hours stay the same at Joann, I'll just be able to scrape by with the 2. But between now and around August is when labor tends to be lower so everyone's hours are usually lower in the spring/summer. HOWEVER not having to get up early in the morning means I'll be more likely to stay late when people don't show up for their shifts and pick up extra shifts when I can. *shrug*

And if I need extra hours, my friend's sister runs a daycare and will let me help out (because unlike the other helper she has, I actually get on the floor and interact with the kids).
_________________
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Back to Forum -> Citizens' Halls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 43 of 45

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2019 Zantarni / Zantarni Entertainment
Terms of Service
Members login here.

New members register here.
 
zantarni banner