Hello and how are you today?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:56 pm
Riley-You're so brave. I would NOT want to be a nurse right now. No

I hope things continue to get better for you. Maybe some time off and relaxation is just what the two of you need.

Bo-Congrats on the new laptop, Bo!

Tam-Yeah, I forgot about neighbors. They're a pain too. XD

Sir Scarz-Yay! I'm glad your first day back went well. Very Happy Just make sure they don't forget to pay you. XD

Defender of the Realm
Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:16 pm
I have survived my 2nd day back at work. . .Yay! but my I still can't use my ID card to "punch" in or out, so I keep advising my manager of the problem, luckily, they have 2 weeks to fix it (they did approve my first day's hours).

We are still getting smoke from the California fires, but we had a cold snap yesterday (the high was 85 F) to Vegas that is Spring Time *chuckles*

Established Citizen
Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:35 pm
Rayven, I'm afraid mine have me a little gun shy right now. I have GOT to calm down.

Scarz wrote:
Lady Tam, I have known a couple people that said something similar to the typical questions they ask. . .

LMBO But it's truuuuuu.

And I'm so glad I don't live in Vegas. I'd melt.

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:02 pm
Those forest fires are terrible. Crying or Very sad I don't know how people live like that. And those pictures of orange and red are positively apocalyptic-looking.

What am I going to do with both of you? 85 is not cold and it's not all that hot either. XD

Defender of the Realm
Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:07 pm
Lady Tam, I have noticed that since I started to wear the mask for most of my shift (except when I eat or drink) I have the runny nose and sore throat thing going by the end of the shift, so thank goodness they don't ask us the questions on the way out *chuckles*

On a happier note, I have survived the first week back at work (off on Sat/Fri), although still having problems with the time clock. . ."they" are working it out. . .I am checking my timecard (through workforce every day), so far they have posted the hours for the first two days, I will check later tonight to see if all 3 days show up *chuckles*

Lady bo has a new laptop. . .uh, oh!!
Shocked

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:36 am
Rayven wrote:
Riley-You're so brave. I would NOT want to be a nurse right now. No

I hope things continue to get better for you. Maybe some time off and relaxation is just what the two of you need.

I'm just glad that California didn't end up like what New York went through. Though, the ER director said they're expecting a winter surge. We'll see what that look likes if and when it happens.

Today was meh, but I'll take it. I think the smoke was getting to me more today.

Sir Scarz - I don't have the runny nose/sore throat, but I do break out in a mild rash every so often because our masks don't breathe well and my face sweats :/ But what annoys me the most....I wear glasses. And most of the time, I can't see anything because they're fogged up.
Scarz

Defender of the Realm
Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:34 pm
Lady Riley, you are truly on my hero list. The 3 weeks that I spent in the hospital, definitely opened my eyes as to what nurses and other staff go through. I talked to many, plus my room was near the floor desk, what they were going through with some patients who weren't Covid patients was unbelievable. . .I think most liked dealing with me as I appreciated everything they did for me, it seems many patients didn't or don't.

I heard a few of them also complain about "maskne" and fogged glasses. . .You would think they could come up with something to help that. One of my coworker's daughter works in a quick-care and complains about the same thing.

Continue to take care and stay safe.

The smoke isn't as bad this morning as it has been, it appears the whole West Coast is on fire. . .

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:09 pm
I'm glad I don't have to wear a mask all the time, I'm having a hard enough time with adult acne. I have more trouble now than I did when I was a teenager. Rolling Eyes

It's hard to have a runny nose and wear a mask. I keep sucking my mask up to my nose when I sniffle. XD

Established Citizen
Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:59 pm
Yes. Riley rocks. But I already thought that.

I'm glad I don't wind up with the sore throat. I get a tickle in my throat, though. And I've noticed breakouts on my face. *shakes head* And yeah. The fog. ARGGH. Way to bring on panic attacks or make me forget how to think.

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:03 am
I'm excited today. I have soooo much to do but we're going camping tomorrow! Woop The only bad thing is that the weather is turning cooler so I doubt I'll get much swimming in. Sad Maybe I can still manage to hunt for crawdads.

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:03 am
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!! *runs around buck nekkid in celebration of the SECOND new laptop working like a freaking dream* Woop Woop Woop Woop Woop

NOW Bo can bug Blaze...but probably next week after Bo finishes playing catch up. XD
Riley: Bo, the Goat Whisperer. XD
Blaze: Bo, you're just chaotic... Razz Heart
9580/10000
Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:03 pm
Confused Hrmmm...

Well I'm glad somebody is sorted out, technologically speaking. I, however, am not - although it has rebooted since, my desktop (which is nearly as ancient as Zantarni) threw a fatal hard disk error a couple of days ago. I've been scrambling since, trying to find and install software on my laptop so I can be functional and get things done for you guys! But, of course, anything I'm installing is either different software altogether, or at the very least, newer versions of the software I'm used to, so I have several learning curves to manage very quickly. Plus having/not having all my files, bookmarks, userIDs and passwords, etc. up-to-date on the laptop. It has been a little chaotic - lol!

Otherwise, it has been overcast and mostly rainy & quite humid here the last few days so getting outside and some fresh air (necessary physical and sanity breaks) has been a bit of a challenge...

And I've been trying to set up a couple of things for you guys ... and life... at least as we currently know it.

So I've been... busy?? LOL! XD

Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:45 pm
Awww, Queen Blaze. I'm sorry you're having difficulties. I hope things get easier for you. Heart

I'm doing great but I'm exhausted. It was a lot of work getting the camper here.

Queen of the Realm
Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:17 pm
Thank you, Rayven. I'm doing ok - just more concerned that these little technological setbacks will affect the plans for October since they're impacting my time-line to prepare - especially when I'm trying to get a couple other things set up.
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:11 am
I see. Well, don't worry about that. We'll all understand if things are late. Heart

My bed/kitchen table is not comfortable. XD I think I can make it for a week though.
Page 37 of 39