Hello and how are you today?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
Scarz

Defender of the Realm
Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:42 pm
Nico is the first cat who actually came to me when I come home and talks to me. . .in many ways he acts more dog-like, definitely one of those one-of-a-kind cats and so very special.

My pitbull, Tank" I lost before I found Nico, and Nico have similar characteristics.

Tank when he wanted something special would come over and lay hi head on my lap and look up at me with his beautiful eyes until I paid attention to him. . .hew was the sweetest dog and I miss him.

Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:56 pm
I'm a bit exhausted tonight, pain levels are flaring and I don't particularly want to sleep. On a happier note though, I have re-remembered my login details, yet again Embarassed after many years of sporadic activity, so hoping to potter about some more in this lovely land. Smile
Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:42 pm
Hey Sproggie - it's good to see you again! You do realize that if you can't remember your login details and you're not able to reset your password on your own (or it's more than just a password issue), you can email me (admin@zantarni.com), right? Confused Just make the subject line something non-spammy so I recognize it as a legit email Yes
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:03 pm
Scarz wrote:

Tank when he wanted something special would come over and lay hi head on my lap and look up at me with his beautiful eyes until I paid attention to him. . .hew was the sweetest dog and I miss him.

I remember you talking about him before. It's hard to lose any animal but the really special ones are especially tough to lose. I still miss Ray Ray even if he did roll his eyes at me like a human would when I did something he deemed stupid or embarrassing. XD He did it every time I danced. Laughing

Hi, sproggie. It's nice to see you. Very Happy I hope you finally got some pain free rest.

*drops some pretty flowers off on the castle doorstep for Queen Blaze, rings the doorbell, and runs away to hide and watch in the bushes*

Defender of the Realm
Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:36 am
I agree when you lose a special one, it definitely tough. . .one thing I really like about Nico is that he too has some of Tank's characteristics. They both love to go out and roll around in the dust (I have never had a cat that did that before) and they both love going out in the rain (again, never had a cat that did that before, too)

*chuckles* and I almost forgot, as soon as anyone female comes into my room, they both would leave me and head straight to the lady for attention *shakes head*

Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:12 pm
*rolls through*

I am exhausted. But only have to make it through 2 full days (plus about an hour) of work until I get a 4 day weekend! Wooo!

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:48 pm
Scarz wrote:
I agree when you lose a special one, it definitely tough. . .one thing I really like about Nico is that he too has some of Tank's characteristics. They both love to go out and roll around in the dust (I have never had a cat that did that before) and they both love going out in the rain (again, never had a cat that did that before, too)

*chuckles* and I almost forgot, as soon as anyone female comes into my room, they both would leave me and head straight to the lady for attention *shakes head*

Awww. I'm sure that makes you feel like Tank is still close. Very Happy Have you ever watched a thrush take a dust bath? They look more like fish swimming in water than birds. XD

They like women, huh? XD My last dog, Chase, preferred men. It always made me so mad. Laughing

Hi, Kaderin. Congrats on the long weekend. Very Happy What are your plans?
Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:56 pm
Mostly just sleep and working on crafts/making masks probably, but also one of my friends and I (and Derpy, my dragon baby) are thinking of taking a day-trip to a ghost town also.

Defender of the Realm
Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:24 pm
Rayven wrote:
Scarz wrote:

Awww. I'm sure that makes you feel like Tank is still close. Very Happy Have you ever watched a thrush take a dust bath? They look more like fish swimming in water than birds. XD

They like women, huh? XD My last dog, Chase, preferred men. It always made me so mad. Laughing

I definitely feel like Tank is still close, sometimes it feels like he is laying in bed with me.

I have never seen a thrush take a dust bath, but watching the grackles in the birdbath is hilarious, water goes everywhere and the males seem to take special pleasure in showing off for the ladies.

It is nice to know that you had a similar experience with Chase, it is funny how our little furry friends play those games with our heads *chuckles*

Lady Kaderin, I have a friend who is making masks, I love the homemade masks so much better the pre-made ones from China. . .they offer more filtering and can be cleaned daily, unfortunately, they prefer we wear those "paper ones" at work. . .

A trip to a ghost town sounds like real fun. . .when i lived in Reno, we would do that sometimes on the weekends, we found some pretty cool places and things. . .I bet Derpy will love it, too!

Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:27 pm
Sir Scarz: I agree, I do like the homemade masks a lot better than the store bought ones too. Not only do they generally fit better, but they can also be customized and are way cuter.

Unfortunately, I had to do the adult thing and cancel/postpone the ghost town trip because my friend mentioned that he gave a coworker a ride a couple days ago and she was displaying symptoms of covid so until test results come back (and are negative) no hanging out.
:c
But at least I'll still have 4 days to relax by myself. I can catch up on reading, make some face masks for work, I got some fabrics that have a sort of Jackson Pollock-y type print to wear at the museum and then eventually want to buy some sewing themed ones for at JoAnn, but for now just have cats and care bears, and maybe finish some plushies and shawls and stuff that have been wips for too long.

Defender of the Realm
Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:24 pm
I am sorry to hear that you had to postpone your trip to the ghost town, but I hope you and your friend are all right.

My friend loves to use Disney themed material, although mine is a blue field full of stars. . .I have seen some really cute nes. One girl i know has a purple one with black cats on it, i have seen many made to look like different State flags and such, one lady at work had one with lips on it (because no one could see her lipstick *chuckles* ).

Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:47 pm
Well, idk about my friend yet, but I'm alright. The nice thing about being a massive introvert is that, except for work and groceries, I seldom leave the house anyway and I'm always really careful at work or when I'm not home. (And I haven't been around my friend since over a week before their potential exposure.)

Yeah, there have been a lot of really fun masks that I've seen too. We actually had some state fabrics (for the state I'm in) at the JoAnn I work at for a while, but they sold out before I could pick any up. It's kind of fun to see what people make.

Defender of the Realm
Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:07 pm
Prior to my medical emergency (non-covid), All I ever went to was the store, the pharmacy and work. . .I felt like I was under house arrest only without the ankle bracelet.

It is good to hear that you are all right, I get worried about the people at work because our company doesn't even let people know if anyone they came in contact with is being tested for covid. . .I work in such a small room, that any time anyone gets sick, it goes around the room quickly.

One of my friends went to a bar when they first opened and that bar was giving out Nevada State masks. . .to me the style and ingenuity of mask makers is incredible. . .one of the best things to come out of this pandemic.

Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:42 pm
I'm pretty lucky I guess. My bosses at both my jobs are pretty good about making sure we're sanitizing stuff on a regular basis and also are making sure that if someone does come in and has a risk of having or possibly contracting covid, they'll let us know andnwenhave procedures in place for if we get someone with a confirmed covid case in.
It's still scary though because so many people aren't getting tested so they could still be spreading it weeks before they ever show symptoms.

On a positive note: woohoo! Only 2 hours and 20 minutes until my mini staycation (I'd say vacation, but I'm not actually going anywhere) starts!

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:40 pm
My currently still 17 year old niece got a tattoo for her birthday in September. She couldn't have anyone with her, aside from the tattoo artist of course, so she had to look back to see her dad (my older brother) and our sister in the waiting area while she got it done. Dad aka Poppy to her was completely unimpressed and said as much to her when he found out about it. He proceeded to quiz me about why did she get it done and it must have been because my sister and I have tattoos and piercings and we must have talked her into getting it done and how the females in the family are weird, specifically my sister and I and now my youngest niece (according to the oldest niece, she isn't that stupid and isn't getting a tattoo or any other piercings), and he just kept ranting on and on about it. I just said to dad that it is her body and her choice. The only things that I discussed with her was that yes, it's going to hurt, but the pain is temporary. If you go into the experience focused solely on how much it might hurt, then you won't last past the first short line. I also discussed with her and her dad what the procedure is in the current climate and if she wanted to go with a specific artist or just go as a "walk in" but due to the current climate, still need to book for walk ins. And the guy who did my random lucky dip tattoo did her tattoo.

And now all this tattoo talk is making me want a new tattoo again lol.
Riley: Bo, the Goat Whisperer. XD
Blaze: Bo, you're just chaotic... Razz Heart
9520/10000
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Back to Forum -> Citizens' Halls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 31 of 33