Hello and how are you today?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:48 pm
Thanks Rayven! I fought with my sewing machine a lot actually, but it was worth it.

Blazestorm There's not really that much backstory behind Derpy. XD
4 years ago, I made my first plushie: Derpy McBlueEyes. And then I thought "hey, it would be cute if I took him with me on this trip to the mountains and got pictures of him" and then he developed a personality. And became a minor celebrity over on Trisphee (no really, there are items based on him and everything!)
So now he is my dragon baby. XD
Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:05 pm
My mind was a sponge, now my mind is a sieve. I should have been more voracious with knowledge when I was younger. *shakes fist at my younger lazy self*

-edit-
Oops my bad. I just came here to rant and almost missed this post. x_x

Your Majesty
If I learned to speak Hindi, I could effectively speak to a third of the world population Exclamation It's home to a deep, rich culture dating as far back as the Silk Road. USA didn't even exist yet(?) Yes, it's a very romanticized vision. In reality, I'm probably going to be forked outside of the tourist zones, but what I wouldn't give to visit every obscure hindu temple. ALSO THE STREET FOOD! If I die, then I die. SHRUGS 🤷‍♂️ I ain't going back to the US for my medical issues lmfao.

What about you? What's your inspiration for learning Italian? French? French-Italian?

Duolingo's teaching style is not something I'm used to. I prefer grammar structures explained to me before using it rather than being thrust in the middle of nowhere and suddenly forced to regurgitate a phrase. But by all means, it's a great app to sample or review a language tho, like a dipping a toe in before committing to a textbook.

Knight of Zantarni
Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:43 am
Blazestorm wrote:
Hindi, Ratwyrm? Confused Cool! - what has you choosing that language to learn? It would be an interesting one to try picking up, that's for sure! Yes I'm not necessarily advocating DuoLingo for learning languages (in fact, they seem to fall quite short in many ways), but they do have Hindi on their class list, and the site does seem to be fairly good at building vocabulary and some basic knowledge of the language (the courses seem to vary a lot in their consistency of quality - the Italian course is much more difficult than the French, for example (and maintained)). What you're running in to with the exceptions for gender in Hindi sounds similar to what I'm running in to with the Italian, only for me it's all the articles - the rules about where and how to use them seems to be very inconsistent. The exceptions are probably the hardest part of learning a language though...

Lillie - where are you, oh, Linguist-amongst-us??!!!

I felt my ears burning. XD

You rang?

Dedicated Citizen
Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:24 am
Queen Blaze-Yes, I noticed. The wings are awesome. Thank you. Very Happy

Kaderin-You're welcome. Very Happy Actually, that's a pretty fascinating story about Derpy.

Queen of the Realm
Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:05 pm
LOL - Hello, Lillie! Heart I wanted to involve you in the discussion of language learning Yes

I started a new thread dedicated to the topic.

Ratwyrm, my reply to you is found there...

You're welcome Rayven. I'm glad you like them. It was time for some new wings to make an appearance at the Tailor's Shop!

Kaderin - that's interesting! At one point, I was doing a similar thing with a (bought) stuffed animal, but it didn't go very far. LOL at the minor celebrity status at Trisphee! It sounds like he keeps you busy, and entertained! XD

Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:49 pm
It can be very hectic being a dragon's momma. XD

We (Derpy, me, and a friend of mine) actually took a trip the day after his birthday to go to ihop. And also to the Museum of the Rockies, which I hadn't been to in probably 20 years, despite it being only anout a 3 hour drive away.

(If anyone's interested in occasional cute adventures and pictures, he does have his own Instagram page @derpymcblueeyes...)
Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:26 am
Her Majesty
But then what do I talk about here? XD

Today I ate Jalapeno Ranch chips with vanilla ice cream??

Kaderin Yer plushie is more famous than most people Laughing

Queen of the Realm
Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:01 pm
LOL Ratwyrm! Jalapeno ranch chips and Iice cream sounds like an interesting combination! XD

I had... coffee so far today. Yes It was good Yes XD

LOL Kaderin! I bet it can be a bit on the hectic side being a dragon's mamma! It sounds like you're good at it though... IHoP and everything... he's a little spoiled, isn't he? XD
Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:09 pm
Rarwyrm Lol...more famous than I'll ever be. XD

Blazestorm Teehee. Only a little bit spoiled....by which I mean a lot. XD
But the IHoP trip was a special birthday treat only because the one semi-close by actually closed a year or two ago, which we didn't realize, so it's about a 3-4 hour drive to get to the actual closest one.
Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:32 pm
you scream, i scream
we all scream for
LICE CREAM 🍦🐜🐜🐜

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:16 pm
Kaderin-Wow. I don't have an Instagram account but I shall have to see if it will let me peek at Derpy's stuff tomorrow when I get time. Very Happy

By the way, I can't believe Derpy's been to IHOP and I haven't. Crying or Very sad Laughing

Ratwyrm-You may have my share of lice scream. XD

Queen Blaze-I will check out your language thread tomorrow. Maybe it will give me the kick in the pants to finally learn that language. Embarassed
Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:00 am
AWW YISS
DOUBLE THE LICE, DOUBLE THE SCREAM 🙌🙌🍦🐜🐜🐜🍦🐜🐜🐜
Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:57 pm
Rayven: If you can't view it, I can probably either make a topic for Derpy's adventure to share or just link to my image heavy post on Trisphee. XD

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:56 pm
Ratwyrm wrote:
AWW YISS
DOUBLE THE LICE, DOUBLE THE SCREAM 🙌🙌🍦🐜🐜🐜🍦🐜🐜🐜

You're such a nut. XD *puts a tin foil hat on your head*

Kaderin-I got to see quite a bit before it shut me down. XD Derpy has a lovely life! So cute. Heart

That is the only social media site I've been tempted to join so I can share pictures of my little misfits. I'll give it some thought. *nods* I don't have many people to show though. XD

Queen of the Realm
Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:28 pm
Good morning my happy herd of Zantarnians! XD

How are we doing today?

So far, I'm tired, despite 2 cups of coffee... the kind of tired that just wants to snooze in a hammock, or at the beach, or something along those lines. But I can't - there's too much that I need to do today - both on Zan and iRL! So, off I go! ... taking care of the dogs is first on the list! Yes

Hope you guys have a wonderful day!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Back to Forum -> Citizens' Halls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 26 of 30