Hello and how are you today?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Riley

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:15 am
I have survived Thanksgiving and Christmas. I don't have to worry about New Year's Eve or Day because I always work those holidays.

I'm just tired. Still stuff going on with hubby's mom. Work has been...work. Some chill shifts but the last two were obnoxious. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow.

Hubby and I have been able to make time to do things together we liked doing but hadn't been doing, which is nice.

I feel like the cold weather just makes things a little more gloomy.
Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:09 pm
Good morning and Happy New Year everyone!

I have some New Year goodies for you guys, but I need to wake up a bit more first! Did you collect all the sign-in gifts? So what did you guys do last night - anything?
Phoenix Luna Blaze Cloud

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:27 pm
Happy New Year Blazestorm Heart Heart Heart

I did get the sign in gifts! They're very nice. I need to make myself a New Years avatar.

I didn't do much last night, to be honest. I spent the first couple of hours painting a little picture because my brother got me a little paint set for Christmas. Other than that, I just played video games until 3 AM Laughing
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:37 pm
Happy New Year! Very Happy

I believe I have all of the sign in gifts. They were awesome. Very Happy

I did everything I said I was going to, but I wound up going to bed at 10:30. XD I was exhausted.

Riley-I'm glad you and the hubby are doing better and spending time together.
Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:18 pm
I don't think I could start a crafting business, honestly. Unless I'm taking on a small amount of commissions at a time, I think I'd overwhelm myself by the time I sell enough to make a profit... Maybe if I move to a place with a strong craft fair in the area I'll reconsider, though.

And my new year has been fairly nice so far! Aside from some angst over The Monthly Lady Issue, I've been spending it snacking on sausage balls and playing Magia Record. I'm about to start knitting a quick gift for a friend, as soon as I can. It's a table runner for two spots in her foyer, and it's the first time I've gone off strict measurements, so it's a bit weird lol.

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:15 am
I know what you mean. Plus, crafts usually take so much effort to make it's hard to get enough money to cover that time and effort.

That's good. Very Happy Mine has too except for a hiccup yesterday, but I'm determined not to let it bother me. Well, I would think strict measurements would be better than none. XD

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:40 am
I've thought about starting random craft gigs multiple times but could never get myself to do it because I feel like I need a lot more practice before I can do that. Probably the thing I'm the best at doing is making hair bows, but I end up just dabbling in everything. I have bunches of ribbons, embroidery thread, polymer clay, paint, and so much more. It's just getting good enough to actually do it.
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:20 am
I don't think crafts have to be perfect Phoenix. Imperfections give them character. Plus, you're probably better than you think you are. Very Happy Do people still wear hair bows? They were really popular when I was in school. They're cute, but I haven't seen one in a long time. I don't spend much time in the hair accessories though. XD

Queen of the Realm
Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:15 pm
Hello everyone! How are you all? What's going on? Do you have any plans for the upcoming weekend... is anyone doing anything fun?
Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:44 am
My weekend plans could be a lot better... Usually today would be our tabletop RPG day, but a combo of one person having to work, and our roommate causing drama kind of soured that...

Also the later is enough of a headache anyway. So I guess my plan is 'hide in my room and hope it all blows over'.

Queen of the Realm
Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:29 pm
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that your plans have been derailed, Chrys. I hope things improve for you very soon! Yes
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:02 pm
Blazestorm wrote:
Hello everyone! How are you all? What's going on? Do you have any plans for the upcoming weekend... is anyone doing anything fun?

I plan on going to buy some stuff for my car tomorrow. I guess that's fun. LOL

What are your plans, Queen Blaze?

Chrysothemis-Awww. I'm sorry to hear you're going through that. Sad I could never have a roommate. People are difficult.

Maybe you can do what you had planned next weekend?

Queen of the Realm
Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:14 pm
I am playing catch-up this weekend. We have been out of town (the country, really) for the last few days and now it's time to restock the fridge (always an important thing with teenagers running around!), put away random Xmas things that were somehow forgotten (*cough*Zukyun*cough*), wash the dogs and set up their "rooms" (cages) again after their stint with the dog sitter, start the transition to the new semester which starts Monday, and deal with a couple of family birthdays ...

I'm tired just thinking about it! XD

What are you doing with your car, Rayven?
Rayven

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:46 pm
That's a lot Queen Blaze! XD Did you have a good trip?

It just needs some seat covers, armrest cover, and a vanity mirror. I got it from my aunt and it's getting old. The leather had some issues, and the mirror is cracked so I can't look at myself. XD I'll be all fixed up now. Very Happy I'm sure it will need some mechanical and maintenance type stuff done, but that will have to wait. It runs and it's legal. That's all I care about.

Queen of the Realm
Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:45 pm
LOL. Running and legal are good things to have in a vehicle. Comfort and useability are good too! XD

Yes, the trip was good, overall. The seas were a bit rough leaving port in Tampa due to a storm that had just come through, so I ended up taking ginger to help with a little nausea, but we were enjoying the "walking on the moon" feeling of trying to get across the ship as the floor suddenly shifted under our feet! XD We got to Grand Cayman, Caribbean, only to find out our snorkeling excursion was canceled due to rough surf, so we did the touristy thing walking around Georgetown, buying souvenirs and drinking margaritas (too many of them that day - oops!)! The following day, my eldest ended up staying on the boat and missing our trip in Mexico because he was feeling sick (we think it was a minor bout of food poisoning) but fortunately, he's old enough to have left on the boat while the rest of us visited a Mayan town on the mainland, did a zipline, some swimming, and had yummy Mayan food! Otherwise, we hung out, ate a lot of food, saw a few of the shows they had on board the ship, played Uno and Exploding Kittens... so it was good. Yes

And yes, it's a lot to come home to and deal with, but it's life, and now that the boys are following a more traditional school schedule, have more of their own activities and schedules, and are threatening to leave the nest as soon as possible, our opportunities for vacation and family time are more limited than they have been in the past.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Back to Forum -> Citizens' Halls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 10 of 30