hand-made dolls
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:54 pm
I mean....it's technically loom knit, not crochet, but thanks for the convo move. >.>

I do have a couple Etsy accounts actually. 2 for intended shops (which I'm hoping to get up in the next week or two and one for buying stuff.
XD

I'll probably put your custom dragon order in my shop (Derpy & Co.) once I get a few things figured out tomorrow. Mainly...a placeholder graphic to use for custom orders. And how to write effective item descriptions. XD

Just need to finish one other project as well before I dig through the yarn stash to see what I have...
Oh, I should ask. Do you have any fiber sensitivities or preferences? Like...would you prefer I stick to acrylic yarn or are other fibers fine? (I try to stick to acrylic yarns to be safe, but sometimes find the perfect color or feel in other materials.)

Hmmmm, the fairy pattern is intriguing, but I mainly just want to see how she does the wings, so I don't know that I need the pattern. The little macaron pattern is pretty cute though. I'd take that one.

Queen of the Realm
Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:56 pm
LOL. Feel free to change the thread title Yes
Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:34 am
...I don't think I can?
Or if I can, I don't know how to.

Queen of the Realm
Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:00 pm
Can you still edit what is now the first post (it has been forever since I've seen the forums from a purely player perspective and I don't remember 100% what it looks like)? If so, then you can change the title of the thread (above all the text customization buttons). Otherwise, one of the Knights or I can change it for you - just let us know what you'd like it to say Yes
Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:26 pm
I can edit my first post in the thread, but the actual first post of the thread is UtterlyWeird's not mine.

(I mean, it's not a huge deal tbh, it's just kind of like calling a violin a viola or something. They're in the same family, but not the same thing.)

Queen of the Realm
Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:37 pm
LOL. Ok, good point. Obviously I didn't look to confirm who had the first post. I've changed the thread title. Weird can change it again if she wants Yes
UtterlyWeird

Established Citizen
Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:17 pm
Kaderin Triste wrote:
[i][size=7]I do have a couple Etsy accounts actually. 2 for intended shops (which I'm hoping to get up in the next week or two and one for buying stuff.
XD

I'll probably put your custom dragon order in my shop (Derpy & Co.) once I get a few things figured out tomorrow. Mainly...a placeholder graphic to use for custom orders. And how to write effective item descriptions. XD

Just need to finish one other project as well before I dig through the yarn stash to see what I have...
Oh, I should ask. Do you have any fiber sensitivities or preferences? Like...would you prefer I stick to acrylic yarn or are other fibers fine? (I try to stick to acrylic yarns to be safe, but sometimes find the perfect color or feel in other materials.)

Hmmmm, the fairy pattern is intriguing, but I mainly just want to see how she does the wings, so I don't know that I need the pattern. The little macaron pattern is pretty cute though. I'd take that one.

The fibre question is no. Well. I'm fine with the ones I've run into, cotton, acrylic, bamboo, mohair, and woo. I love different textures.

Okay! Will you PM me with your email addy you want it sent to, and the link to that pattern? (sorry for being lazy) And ... could I add a bright pink with white filling cherry macaron to my order, for Custard to nom?

I just finished a hand made doll myself this morning. Crochet, though, and from a kit.

Edit: Oh, would you consider posting your Zani pets here http://www.zantarni.com/zantarni-zoo-post-click-feed-zan-pets-t58219.html so I can click them?

Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:56 pm
Good to know. I'll probably be digging through my stash tomorrow to see what I have for yarn colors.

Sending message shortly. And yeah, I can absolutely add that to the order.

Yay! Congrats on making a doll! My crafting has been slow, but I'm hopefully finishing a couple plushies tonight and tomorrow.

And yes, I will eventually get my pets posted over there. XD

Established Citizen
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:12 pm
*clicks pets*

Once you have the pattern, you could probably sell blue ones to all the Grogu fans out there. XD With little loops added so their dolls could hold them.

Thanks! Very Happy It's one of my first projects done on the round in traditional amigrumi style, and I learned some new stitches from the instructions too. Now I actually have a moon cactus that I like (that's the doll, little life size moon cactus). Next project will be a silver globe cactus with a flower on top. And then I have an easy, beginner level kit to make some cute things from, and then a more complex kit to make a couple of kitten dolls.

...I guess it's nice to have a place to talk about doll/plushie projects as well as to buy goodies from you. XD

Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:31 am
I'll have to trust you on that. All I know of the mandalorian is baby yoda and that baby Yoda is actually named grogu. But I got sick of baby yoda stuff not long after it became popular so... *shrug*
Will make a blue one to test the pattern! Lol

Oooh, little cacti! I demand pics when you make them!

Also, caved and just bought yarn for your dragon as I was too lazy to dig through my stash (which I will still need to do for the yellow, but I know I have it). The yarns I got are a bit tonal and the dark teal has some flecks of red and blue in it, which hopefully is okay? It should still be predominantly teal.

Established Citizen
Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:26 pm
I've never watched anything but clips on YouTube and then people with Grogu dolls, because dolls and Tam has a two track mind (God, and dolls). But what I've seen and read suggests that blue cookies would be desired props.

LOL! I'll do pics when I stop being so lazy with the camera. I haven't even uploaded the last batch of pictures on it, and I've been a little too loopy to feel like snapping more. (lol kind of like your not wanting to dig in the stash, I guess)

I don't THINK that should be a problem. Could represent shiny on Custard's scales.

Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:37 pm
Yeah, normally digging through my yarn stash isn't that bad, but I was so burned out last year that I didn't keep up with my organization and my closet (approx 70% of my yarn is in tubs at the back of my closet) kind of catch-all place for dunping fabric, yarn, etc that I bought and it needs to all be pulled out and reorganized before I can even get to my stash. And I just haven't had the energy for that.

I will probably make a couple swatches up for you with the colors for approval before making a dragon tbh. Or just take pics of the yarns. Or find swatch pics online. Lol. Either way, since it is a custom dragon, you get final yarn approval before I start working.

Established Citizen
Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:27 pm
Awwww. *sympathy* I feel you. Even after glancing over at the shelf and being grinned at by a cactus. Grocery shopping kicked my butt today.

Okay! I know you're doing this for payment, but I still wanna say Thanks for doing this!

Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:57 pm
Took me long enough, but here are the yarns I was thinking of using:

But can find other colors if you don't want/like these. I just liked how they looked together. May use them for a few dragons anyway.
XD

Established Citizen
Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:13 pm
Those colours are beautiful.

Sorry for brief reply. I'm feeling like a wrung out sponge, or fresh roadkill.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Back to Forum -> Citizens' Halls All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3