Hale & MaŽl
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, , 2, 3, 4  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Back to Forum -> 1x1 RPs [Nov.'19]
Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:14 pm
MaŽl nodded setting up a spit to roast the deer on cutting off a small bit and eating it raw. "I do, the clan was very large but that is what made us so close it made the growth time easier to deal with." He paused watching the fire almost lost in thought. "I was in there three years before they put us together." He chuckled remembering the first time they met and her reaction to his growling. "It was another three before we got out of there." He sighed over the thought of having to leave their children there, he shook his head they had only been two. Shifting how he sat he turned the deer keeping it cooking evenly.

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:44 pm
"I was in..." Hale began, thinking to herself. "Two years, I think. I cannot seem to remember correctly. They did so much to my mind, everything before I joined you is clouded." She kept her eyes locked on his, straightening her plain blouse over her dark skin. Hale did not like thinking of when she first met MaŽl. She had been much more volatile then and had lashed out at him defensively. Of course, slowly they began to drift together, and Hale began to feel much more calm around him, trusting him more than she thought she did for anyone else.

Her eyes fell at the thought of her children, reaching for his arm out of reflex. "Please. Tell me more about your world?" She asked, desperate for a different topic.
Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:54 pm
MaŽl brushed his fingers over her hand lightly. "My home-world was mostly open land, the cave systems we lived in held most of what we would need. Of course there were the clan gatherings." He chuckled remembering his first clan gathering. "There are countless clans some more harsh then others but the gatherings are always amazing to see and the flights." He sighed and laid back looking up at the sky through the holes. "All different colors and wingspans filling the sky weaving in and out, pulling out of daredevil like dives." He laughed sitting up and taking the deer off the fire carving off some for her. "Even some of the fights are good to watch."

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:06 pm
Hale flushed her gray cheeks, looking down at his hand. "You mean you went above ground?" She asked, eyes wide in awe. "Then why did you live in the caves?" She reached to take a piece of meat from him, eating quietly. Her eyes darted back at him for a second, then went back to the fire. "Did you ever fight with the clans?"
Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:13 am
MaŽl laughed softly and shrugged."We just always have, the caves are better there are those of us who breathe at night normal homes dont work for us." He smirked softly "Course I fought the other clans, not too often but it did happen." He chewed on a bone snapping it in half with his teeth and sucking out the marrow before tossing it into the fire. "My growth time came at one of the gatherings, it almost never happens but when it does." He shook his head smiling. "It made it so simple for me and my clan was very pleased." He stopped and frowned slightly wondering how it would be for their children or if they would even go through it.

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:23 am
Hale watched him drink the marrow with disdain. She picked at a limb quietly, much more dignified in her meal. "Mmm..." She hummed with her full mouth, thinking of her own childhood. Her time in the lab had turned it fuzzy, but she could still remember pieces. "What happened then, at your growth time?" She asked, barely thinking of the questions before she said them. After a moment she winced. "No, I'm sorry... I've asked too many questions, haven't I?" She asked, eyes down on the floor. "I must sound so rude."
Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:38 am
MaŽl shook his head leaning back on his hands. "Growth time happens quickly it adjusts us, how our bones are. We arn't born with our wings, when our bodies are ready for our wings our bones and bodies have to adjust within a few moments we go from childhood to adulthood." He took another bone and sat chewing on it for a while. "When done alone without clan or family it hurts and can at times kill if caught unaware, the bigger the clan the easier it is. Mine having happened at a gathering it was." He paused and thought for a second. "I felt no pain, no stress. It happened quicker then any have. It wasn't just my clan with me it was all at the gathering."

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:11 am
Hale gazed down at his body quietly, her small pink tongue wipping her upper lip. "I must say, you grew very well." She said in a murmur, then sighed as she laid down on her side. "So, you're an oddity among your people as well? How interesting..." She stretched her nimble limbs, watching him still, letting her mind wander silently.
Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:17 am
MaŽl chuckled and shifted moving so he laid on his side his head resting near hers. "As well, I fail to see how you are odd. As far as I can see you are perfect."

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:28 am
Hale smirked at him, reaching out to tap his nose. "Flattery will not get you very far." She teased, then rolled onto her back. "In my clan, a child does not develop their magic until their thirtieth birthday. That's the same year as the trails, when you become an adult, like in your growing time." She hesitated, her indigo lower lip between her teeth. "I... I first learned my talents when I was seventeen. An adult for some races, but still a child for mine. My clan was shocked, to say the least."
Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:00 am
MaŽl laughed and nipped at her finger as she tapped his nose. "So each of us are unique in our own rights, I wonder what that means for our children." He shifted and smirked watching as the sky slowly darkened, he always did like night better. "How did you end up gong through the rifts?"

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:06 am
Hale sobered momentarily at the thought of their children. Were they okay right now? Could they remember them, or had they already forgotten their own parents? She tried to quickly shake it off, reaching to hold his arm so she'd have something to distract herself with. "Curiosity." She shrugged. "I was deep inside of one of the uninhabited caves, hunting for my trail, and I found what looked like another tunnel. I went in, and... Well. You can guess the rest." She glanced upwards. "Might I ask your story?"
Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:22 am
MaŽl shrugged slightly. "I went for a flight and a battle broke out, I stopped to try to help. It seems one of the other clans have been catching and selling off others some of the younger females and claws of scales of the elders." He shifted slightly his jacket shifting a little bit more after he settled down. "They overpowered me, one of my wings had snapped during the fight and I couldn't out-fly them and it was a cave system I had never been in."

Dedicated Citizen
Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:28 am
"Oh... I'm sorry, I didn't know." Hale breathed, looking up at him. "But, that's all behind us, right? We're free now, that's all that matters right now." She gulped, her children still at the edges of her mind.
Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:08 pm
MaŽl shook his head and shifted pulling her into his arms resting his chin on her shoulder. "No, it isn't yet. We will get our children out of there." He turned his head and nipped her ear lightly. "We'll find our way to my home-world and to my clan. That place will be overrun and we will get them out safely."
Page 2 of 4