Gemmed Reality
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:42 pm

Hello fellow citizens of the Realm!

I have an announcement that I'm a bit loathe to make -but which needs to be done- so bear with me, please...

... No, it's not horrible news... just something that I've been fighting doing for quite a long time now but have come to realize that it just needs to be done - so here it is: Zantarni's gem prices need to be raised.

Gem sales are essential to the continued support of our site and their purchase pays our monthly operation costs... and those costs, like everything else in the world, keep going up.

I'm sorry... truly... but there's just no other option really, so as of today, each of Zantarni's gems will cost $3.00 USD.

Arrow Please keep in mind a couple things...

(1) Zantarni has never before increased the price of Gems... and that's pretty darn impressive considering we are one of the oldest (if not the oldest) avatar forums out there... in continual operation for over 10 years!

(2) Zantarni's monthly collectables regularly feature whole sets of items... not just one or two items per gem but sets that frequently have as many as 9 items... for a whopping $3/each! This is, as most of you are aware, pretty unusual in and of itself! It's not like we're stingy with what you get in return for buying a gem or two (or three or four)...

(3) Zantarni is player-based and we truly rely on your continued support of the site.... so please, support the site.

If purchasing gems is not something you can financially afford to do (and I realize that for some of you, financial support of even a most-favored web site is difficult to do), please post and do what you can to find other ways to support the Realm. It takes all kinds of things to keep things going!

So, thank you for understanding...

Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:30 pm
Thanks for the kind words for those without easy digital shopping. *grateful hug*

Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:27 pm
I do understand, Weird! I appreciate each of you who choose to come here to play, and all the the forms that "support" can have! This is a community... truly. Yes Heart

... but there are also bills to pay (necessities that keep the site going) and the ability to pay those bills depends on you guys. So, if you enjoy being here and have the ability to financially support the site each month, I hope that you would make a point of doing so.

If you can not help support the site in that way, then please support it in the ways that you can... post, be active, encourage people to join, play and participate... start a thread (or threads)... in other words, have fun!... and hopefully everything will balance out in the end, our site will grow once more and things will continue merrily ever after! Yes

Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:24 am
I completely understand the move to raise gem prices. Inflation does not stand still, and Zantarni had one of the lowest monthly pixel item prices around. Few avatar/game sites rely on only monthly items for funds - especially sites of any size or vibrancy. I do like most of the donation sets to make grabby hands at them, though, even if I usually get gems from the marketplace.
bohemian

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:36 am
I'm actually surprised that it didn't go up under what's his face.

And considering the fact that we get at minimum 5 items per set, instead of one item with 7 poses that you can't use all at once and have to buy 7 of the same item to use all the poses at once, we get a DAMN GOOD bargain!

Now I just have to wait a whole...week and a half before I can buy more gems. Laughing
Rayven: *gets hit in the face with some underwear* Wow Bo sure likes to get naked! XD
7000/10000
Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:21 pm
I'm glad you guys understand. Thank you.

Also, you make another good point Angel... something that I forgot to mention in the original post that is also pretty amazing for these kinds of sites... Zantarni is ad-free... and I'd really like to keep it that way, but it is always an option, I suppose...

And yes, there are all kinds of funky things we could do with the monthly items... but I "don't play that way". I'd rather you guys get real items that you can use ... and yes, the DI sets are quite the bargain - even at $3/gem! Yes

Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:21 pm
No ads is great. <3 I was actually thinking of how gaia and solia have so many random boxes for getting their items instead of straight sales, plus full cash shops, though. However, gaia and solia do also have tons of ads as well as random boxes now that you mention it.
Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:53 pm
They also have a complexity that makes this old woman get confused and run away. Here, I've got a thriving BS story going in my head about my avatar question, and over half of what I look at in the email inbox tells me somebody's talking in 'Zantarni' land. lol

bohemian

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:28 am
Gaia did go through a HUGE period of uncertainty in the last few years due to it being run by a CEO (or whatever he was) and there was a massive uproar about the push for cash sales and the gold generators which basically ruined the economy on there. And it is now back in the hands of the old owner because the CEO did a runner with all the money.

So, I am damn happy that we only have once a month gem items, that are worth every penny, and no ads, because ads are annoying. Yes

We may have a smaller community than most, but we know the owner is working on the issues and we can pm (or facebook) Blaze directly if something is happening that is affecting the site, and all the Knights as well. We won't get left in the dark if something happens to the site. Which is why I love this god damn site. It's my second family who doesn't care if I run around naked or not. Razzzz

Also, Bo would probably still buy gems even if they went up to $5. Probably not as often because the difference in currency is a killer at the best of times, but Bo would still try. Because Zantarni is worth it. Yes
Rayven: *gets hit in the face with some underwear* Wow Bo sure likes to get naked! XD
7000/10000
Blazestorm

Queen of the Realm
Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:02 pm

.... ummmm.... guys... we have had ONE gem purchase this month so far...

Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:15 am
I usually buy 2 or 3 at a time....then buy more when I run out...I still have a gem left :/

Edit: I appreciate the donation items that are released every month; they are gorgeous and well thought out. Would it be worth considering re-releasing old DIs? Not for the whole month, but for say a week or two. I respect your thoughts on not wanting to devalue the rare DIs that others already have; the thought entered my mind when there were old DIs re-released as staff favorites for holiday DIs. There are many old DIs that I would definitely buy in a heartbeat....

Dedicated Citizen
Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:41 am
I gotta wait until next week after I see an expensive doctor to make sure I have enough for other important stuff. Yes
7000/10000
Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:28 am
I bought some, but it was on the last day of last month.

Queen of the Realm
Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:17 pm
Interesting thought about the old DIs, Riley - thank you for mentioning it as a potential option. I think we're kinda at the point where the old DIs are so old they're almost moot. Very few people who are still here still have them (limited to me and a couple of still-active Knights, I think), so maybe a reboot is in order. I'll consider it.

And yes, we truly go out of our way not to bombard you guys with stuff to buy (or ads to look at, etc.), and we put a whole lot of effort in to the DI releases each month... so I'm glad to hear that it is appreciated... and it's silly to expect you guys to buy whatever we put out there, regardless of what it is (that's not the expectation anyway, but even my guesses about what would work well as DIs sometimes flops miserably), but in all honesty, we have extremely little wiggle-room with the site and its monthly expenses right now. The community needs to be self-supportive each month if Zantarni is to continue... and right now, we're not.

And please don't get me wrong... those of you who do support the site regularly -or even sporadically- by buying gems are truly appreciated and you are needed... as are those of you who can not take that step, but who go out of your way to post and be active... but we need income too! It truly takes all kinds of support to keep a site going. It just breaks my heart to find ourselves in the situation we seem to be in right now ... and I don't want do things that would change the essence of our community so much as to become unrecognizable in order to save it...

And, all this said, I am still brainstorming options and alternatives, and still have hope... so please, post suggestions and thoughts, here (this thread) and/or in this one: "What are your absolute Zan favorites?"

Dedicated Citizen
Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:52 pm
I don't buy gems. Partly because I don't have an income and student loans are on the way. The other is I don't see it as a good investment of my money. Even at $3 a month, that adds up.

I have mixed feelings about DI's beeing old items. On the one hand, old items may be the only thing I would even consider buying. I'm unlikely too but I would consider it. The other sides of things is, I'm an old member, I have a TON of items. I have many spares I collected for FOTY and there are so few people I couldn't even give them away. I have a pair of Dragon wings I was going to give to the second place winner but after 3 years and only 1/3 progress, I was done. We didn't even have a second place.

Permission to be honest? I'll sound like an **** but part of me wants to say some things.

Last edited by WishingMoon on Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Back to Forum -> The City Hall All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2